Status: May be slow for a while; will definitely pick up though! ^-^

You're My Infinity

Touring the Tree

As we started to walk slowly, I slid my hand from its grasp on her wrist to between her fingers. I didn’t want to feel like I was forcing her into this, so I just took grasp of her fingers instead so it was a little more intimate. It felt much more natural in this position anyways, and she didn’t seem to fight me as much – though I could still see the resistance.

I wasn’t going to lie: it hurt a lot to see her resisting me as much as she had been. Sure, I knew that it was going to be difficult since I had seemingly brought her back on a whim. I hadn’t, of course, since I had been planning this day since we had met those eleven years ago. I always knew that I was going to bring her back here someday – whether that meant I had to give up my right as the Prince Pharisee or whether she would be accepted as my Queen. I had just expected her to be slightly more sympathetic to someone that loved her as much as I did.

I guess that was why I had been slightly bewildered when she had grabbed a small stick as her defense against me. How she had known that wood was one of our worst weaknesses, I couldn’t be sure. Sure, we lived in trees but the fact that the wood of them was our weakness was part of the reason for that… Wood wasn’t physically bad for us unless it punctured the skin, and then we were in trouble for it acted as a syringe agent to literally suck the magic clean from us and leave us rendered useless. That was dangerous and a part that I would have to mention to my Emilee at some point… preferably after she had gotten used to the idea of being a Pharisee.

I led Emilee down the hallway away from our room – erm, my room, I really couldn’t call it ours until my parents had found out – and to a spiral staircase. I could tell she was pretty surprised; most humans couldn’t comprehend the complexity of what we had inside of these trees that kept trees so magically powerful – but I knew that my Emilee would understand it. The stairwell was too narrow for two to walk side by side though, so I pushed her in front of me, reluctantly releasing her hand, but my fingertips had fallen to grasp on her waist.

My eyes were instantly soaked into the look of my mark on her back and I smiled,
resisting the urge that I had to reach a finger out and trace over it. I was glad when her body had taken so well to my mark as it often foretold good things in a relationship. I wanted to sit back and explain why such a mark was important for us, but I neglected to do this now – even though she had tried to demand me it from me – because I was quite worried that she might reject it at the moment. Being in the world of a Pharisee was enough of a shock in the beginning without the knowledge of learning that I had marked her without the usual need for consent.

“Turn right here, my Emilee,” I demanded quietly of her as we turned off of the spiral staircase before its landing onto the second floor. My room was on the fourth level and my parents’ was on the third level, so I avoided going onto the third. There were still many rooms above, but I figured we could reach those after since the lower ones were the ones she would most likely be venturing in the most.

Emilee did as I directed but as soon as we were off the landing, she spun around to look at me. I smiled at her and captured her hands in mine once more – as I was intoxicated by the feeling of her skin against mine.

“Can you stop calling me that, Ronan?!” She asked. Then she groaned slightly; it seemed she was catching on to the way that I was in ecstasy every time she said my name. “I am not your Emilee!”

I studied her for a moment. “Es mea infinitum!” I squeezed her hands that were still in mine and wished I could make this easier for us. “I’m sorry that you feel that way, but I’m going to show you that I want you to be – could you at least try to understand that way?”

I couldn’t help but feel a little sad that she felt such, but what was I supposed to do? Aminah had warned me that she might feel as such, but she assured me that the feelings would pass. I just had to show her that I could be the guy that she still knew from the age we were five – the one that she had long kept hidden in her heart for her own well-being but had shown to me the night before once her head wasn’t muddled by the humane morals and standards.

“In here is the dining room!” I finally led her again. She took too long to respond and by that point I wasn’t sure if I wanted to hear the answer. I couldn’t possibly stop loving her, but my heart could possibly break if she rejected me. I would just have to give her a few days and make sure she was happy with me… “The kitchen is to the left in that door,” I told her, “but you shouldn’t ever have to be in there. We have people who can cook for you so just tell me if you need anything, please?”

I finally got a nod out of her and I was sufficiently happy with just that. It was more than I had been getting and I was hoping I could get more out of her later.
I led her into the ballroom next. It was a big room with a high carved out ceiling and windows carved into the bark that were unnoticeable to the humans who didn’t know where to look. It had a nicely polished dance floor that was meant for the parties that my parents held and a good echo in the room to carry the music. I could see that she loved it.

“Would you like to dance?” I asked her softly, taking her waist the way that I had the night before. She seemed a little surprised by this, but let me twirl her around. She giggled a little as we went in circles with each other and I laughed right along with her. Apparently she hadn’t been with many guys like this and I prided myself on being her first – her only…

“Sir,” I heard then. I knew the voice and turned around to greet Elrick, one of the servants. He was apparently strikingly-handsome since even caught Aminah’s eye – which was quite hard to do; he had more girls paying attention to him than I did… Had I cared about other girls’ attention other than my Emilee, I probably would’ve been rivals with him.

“Hi, Elrick!” I greeted him quietly. “Elrick, this is my Emilee,” I introduced him with a wink, “and Emilee, this is our one servant, Elrick.” I saw her smile a little at a greeting and I squeezed her hand.

“Sir, your mother would like to see you for dinner within the hour,” Elrick stated. “It seems you ‘have to talk.’”

I nodded to him then and we made our way out of the ballroom since I wanted to at least cover most of a tour before then.

I showed her the first floor and the dining room. Aminah was there trying to meddle her way into dinner with the family and I was finally able to introduce the two.

“You must be Emilee!” Aminah cried before I could even open my mouth. She rushed over and pulled Emilee into a hug and a pit of jealous started to erupt into my stomach. I had yet to be able to get my arms around her like that… “I’m Aminah, Ronan’s friend; Ronan has told me so much about you!”

My Emilee looked at me nervously and I shook my head. “Hi,” she finally said shyly. I could tell all of this excitement might have been wearing her down a little and I didn’t want to scare her; I was trying to get her to want to stay with me – not try to go running away the instant she got the chance.

“I guess that’s enough of a tour for today,” I whispered to her quietly, grabbing her wrist when she went to walk out again. Her eyebrows furrowed together in confusion and I shook my head. “I don’t want to overwhelm you or scare you…”

I watched her shrug her shoulders. “I think I was overwhelmed when I woke up this morning!”
I frowned a little and touched her back again. The feeling of my mark on her reminded me that she would somehow accept this. I ran my hand over the circular crevice and leaned into her so that I could place a kiss on her forehead. It took everything in me so that I could pull my lips away from her finally… I was lost in loving her.

“I’m sorry!” I told her. “This is just the way that I had to do things to prove to you that I have claimed you and that I need you. Please can you at least bring some of that happiness that you have when you’re dancing with me to remember that I can make you happy like I did those eleven years ago? Es mea infinitum and I wouldn’t do anything that could hurt you!”

I saw her nod slightly and kissed her again on the forehead. Somehow, some way, I knew she was going to get used to it here and love me back…

“And I apologize now that you have to meet my parents…” I whispered quietly.