Status: May be slow for a while; will definitely pick up though! ^-^

You're My Infinity

Be My Princess

I end up standing behind the brush for a few moments because my Emilee absolutely refused to move from a position that hid her body until I turned away. I didn’t really understand it; she was beautiful and I couldn’t comprehend why she was so embarrassed since it wasn’t like it was anything inappropriate. I told her so, though, and she hadn’t seemed so impressed so I had finally given into her wishes.

She had taken her time dressing so much so that I had to peek quite a few times to make sure that she hadn’t tried to run away again – since we would have to have a discussion on why she ran away in the first place and I didn’t want her out of my sight every again. Luckily, I had only caught images of her dressing and none of her fleeing, which gave me more hope for us.

By the time she was finally dressed, my clothes were completely dry anyways even though I had waded into the water and the outside temperature was fast decreasing as the day was fading into night relatively slowly. That was a thing with faeries was that we had a defense mechanism of quick drying so that if we were ever to be with pursued we could go into the water and we wouldn’t be water-logged for hours on end – no, we were well equipped to live in our wooden world there. That was another reason that I didn’t understand her logic behind undressing to swim; if she was uncomfortable with undressing like that, she didn’t really have to. I was about to inform her of this while she had stood there embarrassedly, but she didn’t exactly look in the mood for it, so I hadn’t.

“Are you ready, my Emilee?” I asked, coming out when I had peeked over to see her dressed. By the look on her face, she had been expecting to tell him to come out instead of him doing it as he pleased, but he just shrugged. “I’m sorry. I had to make sure that you weren’t going to run off on me again.”

I held out my hand to her after I had closed a good distance of a gap between us. I didn’t like having her at my side, even though I knew she didn’t understand this obsession just yet. She seemed unwilling to take my hand at first and I outstretched it even more to her; the angry expression drawn upon her face told me that she still wasn’t over the whole thing that I had witnessed her naked. It wasn’t anything weird to me though and I looked at her questioningly, closing the gap even further so that my hands were on her waist.

“My Emilee, please forgive me. This isn’t supposed to be as big of a deal as you’re making it!” I rolled my eyes but leaned my forehead against hers lovingly – to which she jerked her head back, and her whole body for that matter. I frowned and hung my head, not liking her rejection of my touch at all.

It was bad enough that she had just tried to run away from me in the first place when she left in the middle of the night and I had no sense of knowing where she was going. I had questioned my mother first thing when I had discovered she was missing since my mother was always an early riser and the first to rise, but she had only looked at me, dumbfounded. Of course, I knew she wasn’t too thrilled with my human turned Pharisee choice in Emilee, but I would hope that this wasn’t her doing. She certainly should love me more than she hated my Emilee, and she couldn’t be responsible for getting this idea into Emilee’s head that she could make it home.

Damn, Emilee had been so off course if that was where she was headed anyways. It was a good thing I had gotten her when I had, or she might’ve ended up in an enemy territory – one that didn’t take so kindly to ignorant intruders as well as informed ones.

I grabbed her hands again but made no move to pull her closer, only leaning forward to span the distance between us as I had to reach for her hands at her side. “My Emilee…” I repeated and just sighed. “I don’t know what’s happened,” I admitted, pulling away from her to sit on the edge of a rock by the water. “I used to make you smile… Now I can’t even get you to look at me straightly.”

She fell to her knees beside me in a “hmph” – possibly since I had promised to take her home and I could hear her stomach growling but I didn’t want to go back yet. “Ronan…” She said softly, much in the same way that I had said her name and my ears pricked up a little at the sound. “I was five. I didn’t know you were even really there back then – I thought I had imagined it!”

I looked at her in fearsome confusion. “Tell me,” I demanded of her lightly, “in these eleven years that I have waited for you, did you think of me at all?!”

With every passing second of silence, and the confusion contorting her features, my heart dropped a little more. “I think I might have,” she murmured in a questioning voice, not looking at me but the reflection of both of us in the water, “maybe in a dream somehow.” I let out a breath that wasn’t as satisfied as I hoped it was going to be and she placed her hand over mine. “You don’t understand! I was little… I was told you didn’t exist!”

“But you remembered little details: like how I dressed!” I mused quietly and she sighed loudly in exasperation.

“It was involuntary that I remembered that and wanted to honor the Pharisees unlike the rest.” She slid closer to me and just shook her head. “Listen, Ronan, I didn’t remember you when you showed up at the party… I’m still really in shock as it is – and you can’t expect me to just understand all of this overnight.”

I nodded my head, but I was still in disbelief and I stood, pulling her up with me. “But tu princeps mea opinione esse,” I told her all the same. “And I’m not about to give up on that!”

I took her fingers in mine again as the sun had moved quite a few degrees in the sky since we had first found each other again. I felt unsatisfied because I still hadn’t even breeched the topic of why she was out in the woods like this – and especially who had condoned this type of behavior; I knew my Emilee – she wouldn’t have gone off like this all on her own, and whoever had done so was going to have hell to pay from me.

I wanted to ask her, but I was already fired up enough and I was quite sure that she was too. We had done enough talking for this short interlude and I was plenty happy with just walking with her, holding hands with her, in the setting sun. I wasn’t mad at her – certainly not since my love overpowered any sort of hatred that came from our conversations – but it certainly gave me a lot to work for in this time. I knew I wasn’t making her happy, but I was going to work hard from now on to win her over.

“I’m sorry…” I said in a soft voice. “I just overreacted, but I am serious that I’m not letting you go. I’ve loved you too long for that!”

I could feel her looking at me questioningly as we walked together, but I didn’t look for a moment, knowing that I would only end up lost in her and that wouldn’t get me out of this hole that I had dug for myself.

I finally braced myself for it and I had to ask her. “My Emilee?” I asked of her. “Why did you run off like this?”