Status: May be slow for a while; will definitely pick up though! ^-^

You're My Infinity

A Servant's Insight to Fun

Elrick’s P.O.V.

I waited outside of the bedroom for a long time. Ronan had gone a little earlier in the morning, just as the beginning sun rays of the morning sky were starting to be visible, for some royal business that I wasn’t allowed to know about. Of course, he had entrusted watching and caring for Emilee up to me – why he hadn’t left her up to Aminah (who certainly could relate to her much more easily than I could) I didn’t know. I was used to being in the back, as Ronan’s personal servant – and I didn’t know that that would cause me to have to watch over her. I really wished it hadn’t…

I didn’t know how to take care of a girl. Sure, supposedly people had told me that I was rather good-looking and would’ve had all the girls – but pay attention to the would’ve… I couldn’t get a girl’s attention – not so long as they knew that I was only a servant in the royal tree. They were there for Ronan…though I didn’t necessarily mind being in the background. I’d find my own girl someday (when they realized that they all couldn’t marry Ronan). For now, I was content.

I was left instead to sit outside of the door until she was awakened – actually, I probably could’ve gone in, but I certainly didn’t want to surprise her. ”Entertain her!” Ronan had encouraged, which made me even more nervous. Word around the tree was that she wasn’t exactly easy to please, unless you were as stubborn and as sly as Ronan could be. I probably wasn’t, but I wasn’t going to doubt myself either – no, I just wasn’t as confident as Ronan was.

When I heard the awkward noise of a sleepy groan, I cringed slightly and knew my job had to start sooner or later; Ronan would “appreciate” it. I knocked on the door with a precise three knocks, as was habit, and waited for a response.

“Ronan?” Her sweet voice asked. “Since when do you knock before you walk in?” I could tell there was an amazement and enjoyment along with the regular annoyance – whether because it was that time that she had to wake up or because she really hated that she had to face Ronan, I wasn’t sure.

I cracked the door open and stepped inside until I heard a squeal and saw her covering herself back up in her blanket.

“You’re not Ronan!” She yelped at me in a small voice and I blushed, opening and closing my mouth as if to explain but not knowing how to. I should’ve warned her – why had I been so stupid?!

“Sorry, Miss Emilee,” I apologized as I bowed slightly to her. I was used to my three knock pattern being enough to distinguish me from the rest, but I forgot she was so new. Perhaps I forgot as often as Ronan did, considering he had confided in me about her for so long that I was relatively used to having her around here by now. “Ronan’s away for business for the day,” I explained. “He’ll be back later – he ordered me to entertain you for the day.”

She studied me for a moment and blinked rapidly, as if trying to clear some image from her mind – or forget something that I had said. “Please – please don’t call me Missss Emilee.” She ordered and I gave a slight nod. “It’s Emilee. Gosh, it’s bad enough that I have to have Ronan walking around calling me his Emilee – please don’t make it worse.”

“Right, E-Emilee,” I repeated. “Well, I let you get changed.”

I started backing out of the bedroom and she sat up rather abruptly. There was a sparkle in her eye as if she hadn’t seen another human being in forever and needed some company.

“Won’t you stay?” She asked. “You’re supposed to entertain me!”

I nodded my head again in approval. “I’ll be right outside the door. Just call to me when you are done.”

~ ~ ~


I almost had wished that she would take longer with getting dressed than she did, but of course I wasn’t that lucky. Before I knew it, I heard a weak, “Servant?” from inside and I walked in quietly.

“Elrick,” I informed her, bowing again – as was a habit when dealing with the royalty. “I’m Ronan’s servant – and yours too, I guess, since Ronan trusts me with you.”

She got a bright smile on her face and nodded her head. I was sure she had grown weary of only seeing Ronan (though I understood why he kept such a beauty all to himself); Pharisees – especially the female kind – thrived on the interactions between each other. It was for that reason that I was surprised Ronan hadn’t been introducing her to more people, though I knew she was stubbornly resisting him still.

“Well, for today, you aren’t a servant, and you’re just my friend!” She said happily. “Although I may have to demand that you show me around again… This place is like a labyrinth.”

I chuckled – whether she meant it as a joke or not, I wasn’t sure, but I found it funny. Living here all of my life had made me slightly spoiled perhaps; I was able to walk through the royal tree without even a second’s thought of where I was.

“I can do that. Say – what’s so bad about Ronan?” I asked and she merely blushed at me, looking perplexed. She crossed her arms as if she was deep in thought and I relaxed back against the bed, sighing slightly. I hoped I didn’t hit a sore spot – but I was just curious.

“He’s just so… overbearing?” She described, looking at me as if I would confirm or deny that response. I remained emotionless and, instead just shrugged at her.

“He’s not that bad,” I answered finally. She had better know that was serious – I was a servant and saying so meant that I was serious; it was my job. “He just cares about you a lot – and he hasn’t even gotten to show you any of the fun yet!”

When I saw her face brighten, that was when I knew that I could at least provide her some of the entertainment that she needed…and maybe we could mess with Ronan some too…

I took her hand then and led her down to the ballroom where I had secretly spied on them dancing the other night. She looked at me nervously and I smirked.

“It’s a shame that Ronan hasn’t shown you the magic yet!” I winked at her and smiled. The look on her face was of disbelief and I frowned. “What did you think – we’re just little human beings?! No: we actually have more advanced minds than humans; don’t ask me how I know that! It’s top secret information!” That one got a giggle out of her and I appreciated it.

“Of course, there’s the stereotypical types of special powers that make each Pharisee worth something – like mine’s environmental manipulation… But then there are the powers that all of the Pharisees have. Flying – for instance?’

I let my wings do the rest of the talking and picked her up, carrying her to the ceiling before putting her back to the floor.

“You can do it too, you know?” I asked of her, though she looked skeptical. “Just takes a little practice. Now that I mention it, not something that I want to teach you… It’s like teaching a baby bird to fly… You can certainly have Ronan help you though – I’m certain he’d love to teach you.”
The nervous look on her face told me I had probably scared her, so I turned away from her. It was then that I felt her put her hand on my shoulder and I turned back around.

“Don’t go!” She pleaded. “Teach me more… Just nothing that is too dangerous?”

Just then a servant walked by with a tray for a royal meeting tonight and I reached my hand out, slowly levitating two of the cupcakes on the tray and calling them to me. I let one land in Emilee’s hand and the other came to me.

“Telekinesis, my friend!” I said with a smile and did a little bow as if I was taking my curtain call. It was just fun to entertain her like this, and show her all of the things that Ronan had been neglecting in his attempt to make her his. When another tray came from the kitchen, I pulled her in front of me, facing the tray. “Just focus. Tell your mind what you want over and over again and it will come to you.”

When the tray had fully passed us and she hadn’t succeeded, I rewound the time. “Try that again!” I encouraged. Despite the look of confusion she gave me, she focused again on the cupcakes and drew one over to herself, taking a bite out of it before letting it fall into her hand.

“How’d you do that?” She asked. “Rewind time like you did there?”

“Same way,” I told her. “It’s all about focus… concentration.” Then I realized what she was probably thinking about and I blushed. “You have to use it sparingly though,” I warned, “and not everything can be rewound… Time is filled with consequences and circumstances that can be changed according to a situation, but there are events that are permanent; you can’t erase them or change them.

“L-like you and Ronan meeting the first time and again. It was meant to happen and there’s no way to change that. You and Ronan were meant to meet again according to fate. Are you okay?”
She had stood up and was looking out the little window of the tree with her arms wrapped around herself.

“Hey,” I said, pulling her into a hug. “At least it’s a fun trick…” With mood control, I tried to lift her spirits, wanting to make her smile instead of frown. It did work and she lifted her face to mine, smiling.

“Teach me more!” She demanded, looking at me with a powerful eye. I knew she didn’t mean it harshly, but she meant it as a serious demand. “Well, with rewinding time, you can also freeze it, speed it up a little; when Ronan and I were kids, we used to play together and he would always get so annoyed by my little tricks. Especially illusions… He could never see past my illusions.”
I found myself laughing at all of the good times that we had had together, and she was looking at me with a wrinkle in her eyebrows, as if thinking really hard. It made me cringe a little, considering she was probably thinking about how odd it was that a servant used to actually play with the royal prince; what was even more strange was that I was Ronan’s usual confidant.

“You seem to really respect Ronan…” She said thoughtful and I nodded my head. That certainly wasn’t the way that I thought she was going to go with it. “Don’t you find him… overbearing? I mean, especially since you’re a servant to him.”

I sighed, knowing this was where it had to go. She was curious and – well, Ronan would be happy when I put in a good word for him.

“Not usually,” I answered to start out with, but by the huffing in her breathing, I knew this simple answer wasn’t going to satisfy her. “He loves you – very much, so yes, he’s coming on a little strong… He just wants to show you how much he cares for you. Emilee, he’s been planning for this since the day that he first laid eyes on you… He always knew you were meant to be.

“And yes, he gets a little frustrated at the way he can’t quite get through to you… He worries. Look, I’m not going to tell you whether choosing to be with Ronan is the right or wrong choice, but just know that he cares – and don’t be too harsh with him, please?”

I saw her smile and wondered if she was always this quiet, though she was probably just thinking about all that I had said. I nudged her with my elbow and smirked down at her.

“Come on!” I teased. “I want to corrupt you a little more before Ronan gets home!”

Oh yes… I was the prankster, and I was quite sure she would enjoy it too.