Status: May be slow for a while; will definitely pick up though! ^-^

You're My Infinity

Eleven Years Later

I woke with a smile. It was eleven years to the day that I had met her. Emilee Dianne Rosewood. The most beautiful girl that I had ever seen. The only girl that I would ever want and the one that I was sure I had to have.

Sure, there were some drawbacks… The most crucial of those being that she, unfortunately, was a mere human, while I was a Pharisee. I wasn’t just any Pharisee either – I was the Pharisee; I was the Pharisee prince and the heir to the throne, succeeding my father, of course. The guidelines for a Pharisee-human relationship were as such: forbidden…

Even if it weren’t forbidden by my own kind, it was surely forbidden by hers. I couldn’t be quite sure if she had any remembrance of me anyhow. For eleven years, I had spent all of my free time when I could get away to watching her grow. She had developed just like a flower; she had started out as a dainty little bud ready to grow and then suddenly I watched her spread her petals and bloom. All the while, she barely seemed to remember me… Not once had I seen her venture back into the words or search for me, but I had done plenty of searching for her.

Needless to say, I was completely entranced by her. Possibly it was inevitably a failure too, since she had seemed to forget about me so quickly. What could I be to her anyways? I was under a foot tall and lived in a tree… Still, that didn’t seem to have any part in my heart as I thought about her with an exhilaration that I had been trying to hold back for the last eleven years. Tonight was the night! The beginning of the rest of my life…

Tonight was, of course, Midsummer’s Eve. That of course meant only one thing to Pharisees like me: freedom! For that one night, the Pharisees were allowed out of our magically hidden homes and we were set free to do as we pleased. It was the one night that the humans were more like one with the nature, so it allowed us to go out into the world and see things that we hadn’t seen before. Any other times, we were strictly to stay at our homes; otherwise we ran the risk of being discovered or even worse dangers from the world beyond.

Tonight was my first time venturing out beyond the safety of the tree that the Pharisees of my kingdom called home. Well, technically not my first if you considered all of the times I snuck away to watch my Emilee, but this was my first time under regulation. I was approaching the age of seventeen now, and this was just about my last chance. After the fast approaching day of the memory of my birth, I would take the crown and no longer be prince of the Pharisees, but king. I would somehow have to find a perfect girl that was eligible for marriage as the queen. At that point, all of my efforts for loving Emilee would be useless… Unless I had my way in it.

That was why I had finally chosen to go out for a Midsummer’s Eve festival. Sure, my parents were supposed to be holding a ball in my honor to try to find that special girl, but I was skipping out on them; whether they knew that or how they felt about it, I hadn’t heard and I honestly didn’t care. I was skipping out on all of this for Emilee… Hopefully I could find her and she would be as grateful to see me as I certainly would be to see her.

“You ready?” Aminah asked after I had crawled out of bed. She was one of the servants at the castle of the empire, but she had also become my close friend. Aminah was a foreigner and a newcomer to the tree, so she came with all kinds of exotic and amazing stories to tell. She had lived in the wild, unknown amongst the humans, and was hardened and weathered by that life. She was the one who had encouraged me to take my chances in my final year as a free Pharisee to find my love – and she was going to be my partner in crime in my wanderings of the human world. “I have everything that you need all stirred up and ready for you!” She whispered quietly, lest a guard or other servant hear of our plans.

Aminah took me back to her chambers to get me ready. I wasn’t exactly sure about what kind of things happened at these Midsummer’s Eve festivals, but I wasn’t exactly thrilled when I saw what it was that I was going to have to wear for it. I trusted Aminah though, and I knew she wasn’t going to steer me wrong in this case; she knew how much Emilee meant to me and she seemed to sympathize that it might actually be possible for us to work out.

I almost couldn’t believe I was doing this… All I could think about was Emilee and what I wanted for my life. I couldn’t see a life without her in it. I would go to any length to make sure that I didn’t have to find a life like that, and here was the start of that…