Status: May be slow for a while; will definitely pick up though! ^-^

You're My Infinity

Not So Sure

I honestly wasn’t quite so sure with my trust in Aminah as she dressed me and covered me in green paint. She noticed the question marks written all over my face and smiled at me instantly.

“They’re trying to honor us as the Pharisees,” she explained as the paintbrush she was holding splattered more paint over my smooth skin. “They like to pretend that they are one of us by dressing up like the Pharisees so they do all of these crazy costumes and make up.”

I snorted in response. “Well last time I checked, I was normal colored,” I retorted with a chuckle. These humans and their ideas were absolutely ridiculous. “Has no human ever seen a Pharisee before?! I mean seriously, how can they believe we exist if no one has ever seen what we look like?”

The thought bewildered him in such a way that he had to shudder slightly. The shrug of Aminah’s shoulders and look on her face provided no form of comfort either. How were humans so entirely ridiculous?! It wasn’t like they were really that different; Pharisees were like a foot tall mini version of the giant humans that had come to rule Earth. Sure, Pharisees were distinctly tinier and could wield much more magic than a human could even dream of, but misinterpreting the Pharisee race that had created the ground that humans now trodden on seemed a little far-fetched. It was like they were spitting on the legacy of us, and it didn’t exactly please me to think about going out into the world where everyone had these warped ideas of us. It was like we were mutated or something when we were really just as human as them – probably more powerful as well.

Of course, I knew that there was one girl who knew the true form of a Pharisee. Whether she truly remembered it or not was still a mystery to me as of late, but I hoped she had. It was quite unfair that she had left me with such an impact from the age of five cycles past my birth year, and I had left her with one. Just goes to show how vulnerable and loving the Pharisees are when everyone expects them to be terrifying and dangerous. Even Emilee had thought so in the beginning and I had to work hard to get her to understand that I wouldn’t do her any harm. Then again, anyone who was to lay a hand on such a beautiful flower in a way that wasn’t loving was a vile creature undeserving of love themselves.

I just prayed that when I found Emilee she wouldn’t be doused in this awful – not to mention “painfully itchy” – paint as a misinterpretation of the Pharisees. The costume? Okay, I could probably take that since they were almost accurate… Pharisees didn’t care so much for the glittery though – we were more earthy. A part of me might have just died if I did see my love, my Emilee Dianne, in green skin. She would be destroying all of the love that I had mustered up for her in these last eleven years. It was this love that had given me the courage to go against my parents and search out for my love.

I finally nodded my agreement that Aminah have her way with dressing me like this, though I couldn’t believe that I had let her talk me in to wearing something so stupid. As far as I could imagine, she was always the trickster type, so this was probably just her way of teasing me… But then again, she knew how important this mission was to me on one of the last full moons before I would have to settle down as a king and a husband. She knew that my world was out there, held within the hands of the young girl that also held my heart, and that she was playing a part in helping me salvage that.

When she was fully done, I was greener than the leaf that my mother had woven into a blanket for me. I looked in my reflection in the spout of the little waterfall inside the tree and almost gasped. I couldn’t believe I had let her do such a thing to me…

Pharisees didn’t believe in using such heavy doses of make up like this. If it was found out that I had? Who knew – I could probably be exiled or, at worst, kicked out of position as the heir. We were supposed to be one with nature in order to delve into the magic that it held, so doing such things as painting our bodies to hide our natural, pure selves was strictly unheard of. I myself didn’t approve, but there wasn’t much that I could do; what was done was done, and I easily found justification in my mind when I saw an image of Emilee’s smile.

I was dressed in quite the odd unit of clothing – though Aminah told me that the feminine clothes were more accurate. The pants were of a material that was quite foreign to me – Aminah told me they were of a thin material of something that humans called “sweatpants” though these were a more dressy form of them – and they reached the middle of my shin. I kept pulling them down since I was used to my pants at least reaching my ankles, so I was quite perplexed at the way humans perceived us. I was at least able to keep my own shoes on. They were made out of a leathery material that we collected from dead specimens and the insides were lined with the fluff of cotton. Aminah said that humans called such shoes “moccasins” or “slippers” to which I snorted; to me, they were just shoes.

The oddest part of my costume here was what I was now wearing on top. Instead of the thin shirt that I usually wore – since it got quite warm in the dark middle parts of the tree – I was now standing there shirtless. There was a thin covering of a vest atop my bare chest, but the only thing keeping me from exposing myself completely was the green paint that Aminah had gone crazy layering over my fair-skinned chest.

“Ready?” Aminah smirked caringly as she pulled away to look at what she called her “masterpiece.”

“As ready as I’ll ever be!” I mused, thinking only about the way Emilee might smile once her eyes met mine and she once again remembered who I was.

Aminah handed me a sweet potion that she concocted, and I swallowed it back without much thinking. It wasn’t nearly as sweet as I had hoped, but it did the trick. Before I knew it, I was tall enough to see the upper levels of the kingdom without having to fly up there or walk. I smiled that it worked so well.

“Thank you!” I beamed at her, but she shook off my thanks with a “no need.”

Aminah flew up to the level of my hands and pressed a potion into my hand as well. It was still fairly tiny, but about three inches tall with a green liquid inside. “For later,” she said with a wink. “You’ll understand what to do with it when the time comes…”

Then she disappeared into the hole of the tree that I could no longer take notice of from being so tall. I turned towards the sun – in the way that Aminah had directed me that I would find my Emilee – and I was off. How this would ever work, I wasn’t so sure, but I trusted in the power of love through nature… and that would lead me to my Emilee.