Anorexic Neighborhood

Anorexia Neighborhood (part four)

After school that day, I was heading out ready to walk home. I knew I could use the extra calorie burn-off. Instead Veronica saw me and offered me a ride. It was Friday, and I wanted another cigarette, so I got in. She lit up two Marb menthols, and handed me one, before we had even left the parking lot.

Her sisters and annoyingly mine were chasing after us. Veronica stopped and they climbed in. "Why don't I get shotgun?" Jenny was inquiring. "Because this is my car, and Ashley gets it." Veronica laughed. Jenny sat back in a huff, obviously annoyed. "Do you want shotgun?" I asked her understandingly. "No" she said. "Ashley!" I heard my sister yell. "What are you doing?" I looked at her like she was crazy. I had forgotten about my cigarette.

"I always smoke Nikki." You just don't know about it."

Why was I lying to everyone? I sat and smoked the rest while my sister and Alysia were making plans for the weekend. "I'll have my Mom ask yours if you can stay the night!" Alysia excitedly offered. I was listening to them and heard my sister talking. "I'll just ask her. She'll let me stay"

I was tired. I just wanted to go home. Weigh myself, and insist my mom go buy me lots of diet coke. Also I needed to find Luke so I could ask him to get some decent cigarettes for me.

Veronica looked at me. "You should come stay over too." "There's a big party tonight, Luke was telling me about." Oh yeah... I had totally forgotten about the bonfire party. I didn't feel like going, still I told her I'd tell my Mom I was staying at her house. I told her to drop me and my sister off and come back later.

Of course my Mom said yes. After Nikki asked her. Never when I asked. It always turned into a screaming fit ever since the age of twelve when I left to a party and wound up raped by a twenty four year old. She said I could go too. Even if she didn't I wasn't in the mood to argue that my sister was younger than I was, and I was never trusted.

I was looking in our refridgerator. I saw beverages. None of them Diet however. I didn't want water either. I slammed the door, and stormed off to the bathroom to weigh myself. 101. I looked in the mirror. I looked so tired. I almost didn't recognize myself.

Istormed my way back to the kitchen. I immediately began screaming that there was nothing that I liked to drink. My Mom looked at me weirdly. "There's sprite in there, and Iced tea." I rolled my eyes at her. "Well Mother. I don't like either of them anymore." "Why don't we ever buy anything healthy?" I was whining like a baby. "Like diet coke??" I asked her. "Whatever Ashley." She sighed. "Here money." You can buy your own. Your friend is here.

My Mom peered out the window. I knew she was taken aback by the appearance of Veronica. All done up in an even gothier outfit. I smiled to myself, when my Mom asked if she always dressed like that. "Why yes Mother" "That's why I like her." I snapped.

My attitude was getting horrible. I knew I should go to this party though. Neil was going to be there. Wherever he went, Bobbie was sure to follow. I hated that girl. She was such a whore!"

I said bye to my Mom and me and my sister went out to meet Veronica.

(to be continued)