Anorexic Neighborhood

Anorexic Neighborhood (part five)

"Hey guys! Hop in!" Veronica told us. We did . "We have to stop by my parents, and get ready." She drove on handing me another cigarette. My sister looked at me pointedly. I ignored her and lit it with the car lighter. When we drove up the long winding path that led to her house. I noticed how big it was. "My Dad has a thing for blondes" Veronica told me suddenly. "My Mom hates blondes, because she's a red head." I suddenly felt a pang in my stomach, and grew nervous as we walked in.

I saw Jenny in the kitchen drinking a diet pepsi. I noticed how thin she was. I was comparing my own body to hers. We looked about the same, although she was a few inches taller. Alysia came running down the hall to greet Nikki. "Oh! You came" "Lets go to my room!" "Or do you want to watch the tele?" Just then they're Mom appeared. She was pretty with long dark auburn hair. "Hi Nikki." She said to my sister. My sister told her hi, and Alysia and my sister went running down the hallway to Alysia's room.

"Mom this is Ashley." Veronica said. The one me and Jenny are staying with tonight. Veronica winked at me, and I looked at her confused. "Hi" I told there Mom. "Remember you guys are fasting tomorrow." Their Mom reminded them. "Just til dinner. So did you want me to order a pizza?" "No Mom we'll eat at Ashley's." Jenny said quickly. "I'll go ask Alysia and Nikki then." She wandered off down the halls.

"Why do you guys have to fast?" I asked them curiously. "It's for church. We're Catholic." Jenny told me. "Well I'm not going to fast that long." Veronica declared. Jenny rolled her eyes at her sister. Alysia and my sister came dancing down the hall to the kitchen immediately taking pleasure in the doughnuts on the counter. I couldn't watch them. I was scared of reaching for one myself.

"Lysia, will you come work out with me?" Jenny practically whined. "No I don't feel like it today" I knew I hadn't done my excercises at all. "I'll work out with you" I offered. "No that's okay, I'll just do it alone." I felt this girl didn't like me at all. She looked at me rather jealously I thought. "Do you want a doughnut?" They're really yummy." She offered. "No thanks" I said. "How would you even know Jenny?" Alysia demanded."You never even eat them." Veronica laughed, and Jenny stormed off.

"Let's go get ready in my room." Veronica said. "I really want to make you look goth!" She said all excited. "Ronnie make me and Nikki look Goth too!" "No lysia. You and Nikki are staying here tonight, we're all going to the party." "That's not fair!" I wanna go too" Nikki don't you want to go?" Nikki nodded, but I could tell she didn't care to. "No one under 15 aloud." Veronica told her little sister. "Come on Nikki. Lets go get on the computer." My sister followed Alysia down to her room once again.

I really didn't feel like going "goth" so I told Vewronica another time. "I'm holding you to that." She said. I nodded. I did however want to change and touch-up my make-up and hair. I went to her car to get my duffel bag wondering why she told her Mom she was staying at my house. Where were we going to stay if my Mom thinks I'm staying here, and their Mom thinks they're staying at my house. I pondered this. Ahwell I thought.

I went into Veronica's bathroom and finished getting ready. I changed my clothes, and chose a darker shirt, and a light purple hoodie rather than wearing pink. I let my hair down and straighned it, and put darker eye mak-up on. I still didn't look like I was losing much. Veronica came in with fishnets stockings, Mary Janes, and a school girl skirt. She wore a dark hoodie similar to mine. "Are we ready to go?" She asked. "Yes" I'm ready. Jenny came in wearing an outfit similar to my own.

We said bye to their Mom, and Veronica went cruising out the drive-way, while I was wondering where we were going to stay still...

(to be continued)