Status: Please be sure to comment:D

Everything Has Changed

Tears

" Yeah, he hit her and kicked her and then pulled out a razor and cut her.", Rose's voice trembled as she spoke into the phone.
She hung up the phone and ran back over to me. " It's fine now Willow, they have sent Police and Ambulance now. They should be here in about ten minutes."
Just like Rose told me, there was a knock on the door and the Ambulance officers walked in.
" Hi Rose, where's your friend?", one of the women asked.
" Over here.", she pointed to where I was on the floor still.
" OK darling, we are here to help you.", the lady explained to me, bending down next to me.
I nodded, not able to speak, I was in to much pain.
" Willow, I need you to tell me where it hurts. Point to it if you want.", she smiled kindly at me.
I quickly pointed to my stomach. She lifted my shirt and what I saw made me cry out with a different kind of pain. My skin was turning purple with bruising, swollen and red.
" If I'm not mistaken, you have some broken ribs by the looks of this.", she pressed gently but I still screamed at the contact her hand made with my stomach.
I willed myself to look around instead, focus on her auburn coloured hair, Rose who was being taken care of by the other officer.
" We will need to take you to the hospital.", she explained quickly while starting to clean the various cuts on my body.
Hearing this made me burst into tears, I hated hospitals, they terrified me.
" It's alright sweetheart, when we get to the hospital they will take good care of you and then I think the Police want to talk to you about the man who did this.", she pointed to my injured body.
" Are you cold?", she asked suddenly, it was only then that I noticed I was shivering. " We need to keep you warm, stop you from going into shock."
I nodded and she wrapped me in a blanket.
Twenty minutes later we were at the hospital, I had had an x-ray and I did have broken ribs, several. Rose sat next to my bed, she hadn't left my side.
" You are in a stable condition now Miss, but you will have to stay for a few days.", the doctor informed me.
I nodded, I didn't really mind as long as I got to have a sleep.
The next two days were difficult, apart from the pain, I was terrified. More terrified then I had ever been before. Was I going to be forced to go back to that horrid place? Or were the department going to find me a new place to stay?
Everything was still so uncertain, and the last thing I needed was uncertainty.
Around six o'clock on the second day of my stay at the hospital, a nurse walked in with a Police Officer behind her.
I really wasn't ready for this! I wasn't sure I could just tell this person everything that had been happening to me for the last 15 years.
But I knew I had to.
If I didn't we would be made to go back to the orphanage for sure.
" Willow, I'm here to ask you some questions about what has been happening to you at the orphanage. I need you to be as honest as possible, tell me everything even if it seems silly or insignificant to you.", the officer sat down and looked at me expectantly.
" Willow, you can tell him, he's here to help us.", Rose told me.
I nodded, and just sat there for a minute before deciding that she was right.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update... More comments please!