Status: Completed.

Catfish

One

Brian's fingers flew down the guitar, then back up. He finished the solo, not saying anything as he powered down his amp and unplugged his guitar, "You heading out so soon?" Matt asked from the control panel.

"Yeah, I have plans," Brian stated, not giving much of an explanation.

"So who is this mysterious person you always seem to have plans with?" He questioned, dimpled smile grinning under the light from the computer screen. Brian turned around.

"Her name is Jordin," The guitarist answered.

"Finally a name!" Matt exclaimed, "When are you going to bring her by?"

"I'm not," Brian stated firmly, placing his guitar gently in it's proper case, "I actually really like this girl, so I'm not trying to scare her away."

"Oh, c'mon. Last time you brought a girl around was years ago. Bring her to the barbecue this weekend," Matt suggested.

"I gotta go. See you tomorrow," Brian said, rushing out of the studio.

He was already late as it is. He didn't want to keep Jordin waiting, in fear she would log off the computer before he had a chance to contact her. Not that she would, because Jordin would stay up all night if it mean talking to him.

Brian got into his car, revving up the engine before taking off, leaving the studio behind him. It had been a long day of recording tracks and solos. Today was the day he had to line up everything with Zack's accompanying guitar parts, and it took forever. Jordin had been on his mind all day.

He wished he could call her or text her whenever. He had her number and she had his. The problem was that he didn't want to contact her while he was in the studio. The guys had already been nagging him for weeks after Brian started leaving earlier to make it home to talk to her. He also knew he would be distracted. Jordin distracted him without even saying a word, and he couldn't imagine what it would be like with constant contact.

Brian sped into his driveway, his heart starting to pound faster as he got out of the car, rushing in through the door. He tossed his keys aside before jogging straight up the stairs and into his room. He threw off his jacket before grabbing his laptop and sitting himself down on his bed.

He opened up the browser, pulling up the website he always seemed to be on. He was on it so much that it was the first site that popped up when he logged on. He signed in and he saw that he had ten unread messages. Nine of them were from women he wasn't interested in.

New Message from Jordin!

Brian sighed contently, smiling. Her picture was beside the message. She was a beautiful brunette, something Brian was never attracted to before. He liked blondes, or light hair at least. Jordin's hair was dark, but not black, and he loved it. Her hazel eyes were almost golden, and he had never seen anything like them before. He smiled, clicking the message so he was taken to a chatroom.

Hey, Cam, how was work? She asked.

It was slow. I thought about you all day. He replied and he waited anxiously. Ever time he sent her a message he got nervous. He was afraid she wouldn't respond.

Aw. I thought about you too. I miss your voice. She responded and he sighed with relief.

I bet I miss your voice more. Are you busy right now? I can call you. Brian suggested.

Yeah I'm still in class. But I'll call you when I get home.

He was disappointed of course, but he it would be worth it. Hearing her voice made his day, and he often found himself not wanting to go to sleep without hearing her first.

How many times do I have to tell you to pay attention in class ;) He sent, a smirk on his face. She knew his schedule, and would message him a the approximate time he would get home, so she could greet him. She did this even if she weren't home, and he loved that.

A million ;) She responded back and he laughed. He sighed.

I miss you.

I miss you too. When can I see you?

Brian froze. He had been in this relationship with Jordin for months now. For almost a year he was Cameron Cates, and she had been asking to see him whenever she got the chance.

I'm busy, Baby, you know that. But I promise it'll be soon. He responded and he ran a hand over his face. He wanted to meet her more than anything. He wanted nothing but to hold her and feel her. To know she's real. But he couldn't bring himself to tell her the truth.

Okay. Well I'm in the car headed home. I'll call you soon.

Okay, be careful. I love you.

I love you too.

Brian sighed as she signed off. He couldn't believe he had found someone so perfect in such a small amount of time. He hadn't even met her, but he was in love with her. All he had to do now was wait.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, here it is. The first chapter to my first ever fan-fiction! As an avid reader for years, I'm so excited to be doing this.

A special thank you to Mockingbird;; who has been sort of my mentor. She's inspired me to start writing my own stories, instead of just reading hers. She also made the layout for this story. And thanks to her I already have subscribers! Thank you all and I hope you enjoy :)