Status: Completed.

Catfish

Eleven

Jordin was exhausted as she sat in Zack's car. He kept the radio soft, glancing over at her whenever he could to see if she was still awake. She had mumbled her address to him and he let the navigation system to the rest of the work. Usually he'd rev up the engine to his car to impress a girl, but he knew Jordin was different. She was special, and he was going to make sure she realized that.

When he pulled up to her apartment complex he was shocked to see it was actually a luxurious complex, and not something he expected. He wasn't expecting a dump, but he didn't think Jordin had the money to afford a place like hers. He looked over to her and she was sleeping peacefully against the door. He smiled and got out of the car before opening her door, unbuckling her and placing his arms around her, "What are you doing?" She mumbled.

"We're home," He smiled.

"I can walk. I'm not drunk," She protested.

"No, but you're tired, you're wearing heels, and you're clumsy. I'll carry you," He assured and she didn't protest as he shut the car door with his foot.

Jordin actually enjoyed the feeling of his arms around her. She leaned her head against his chest as he moved to the elevator and up towards her door. He fished for her keys from her purse before unlocking the door and taking her inside. He set her on the couch and she felt more awake than she did in the car, "Thanks for doing this," She smiled.

"It's not a problem," He assured.

"Do you want anything to eat or drink?" She asked.

"I could go for a snack, actually. Beer makes me hungry," He shrugged and she laughed. He honestly wasn't that hungry. He just knew if Jordin got him something, they would stay up a little longer and she wouldn't head off to bed right away.

"I have some pizza, actually," She smiled and he nodded. She went to the kitchen and pulled a frozen pizza from the freezer, putting it in the oven with the timer. Zack followed her, hopping up onto the counter to watch her closely.

"So, you're not going to tell you're boyfriend I'm spending the night, right?" He asked and she sighed.

"I'm not telling him anything," She grumbled.

"You don't seem too happy," He noted and she shrugged, looking away, "So what's going on?"

"It's nothing," She said.

"He's not... hurting you, right?" He asked. He knew the answer, he just wanted to make Jordin believe he didn't and it helped that he made the impression he cared about her.

"No, Zack," She rolled her eyes.

"Are you sure? Because I'll fuck him up," He stated seriously and she smiled. She liked that Zack was protective and caring. They hadn't known each other long, but she felt herself become attached to him, much as she was with Jimmy. She could see her and Zack becoming great friends in the future.

"I'm sure," She promised.

They waited in comfortable silence for the pizza to be ready. When the timer rang she leaned down, opening the oven door to pull it out. She placed the pan on her stove before lightly brushing it with her fingers accidentally, "Ow!" She exclaimed, pulling her hand back quickly.

Zack was off the counter in an instant, grabbing her hand before she could protest to examine the burn, "You're just an accident waiting to happen, aren't you?" He joked and she rolled her eyes. He looked at her before licking his lips and leaning down to place a kiss on the burn. She stared at him like he was crazy, but hissed at the stinging feeling. He then leaned closer and blew cold air onto the burn, and she felt relief instantly, "Better?" He questioned.

"Yeah," She took her hand back gently, feeling slightly uncomfortable by the gesture.

"Good, because I'm starving," He smiled and grabbed a piece of pizza for himself before walking back over to the couch and sitting down. She took a spot next to him and he smiled. She brought her knees to her chest once she finished her slice and he turned to her, "So, Cameron never comes over here?"

"No," She answered, biting her lip. She couldn't lie to Zack. She turned to him, his big green eyes staring curiously at her.

"What's going on?" He asked softly. His voice was so caring and sweet Jordin could do nothing but slump her shoulders and sigh, "You can tell me anything. I won't tell the guys."

"I don't know," She groaned, "It's so embarrassing."

"I promise I won't laugh," He stated firmly and she turned her body to face him. She crossed her legs and ran a hand through her hair, and Zack felt a wave of heat flash across him as he stared at her. Everything she did put him in a trance. He couldn't wait to get his hands on her body.

"I've never met Cameron before," She stated quietly, biting her lip. Zack licked his lips as he watched her nervously bite her lip. It was driving him crazy.

"What do you mean?" He asked. Jordin was surprised that he wasn't looking at her like she was crazy. He made her feel normal.

"I'm not good with guys, okay?" She sighed, "So I made an online dating profile. I never really dwelled on it too much until I got a message from Cameron. He was everything I wanted in a guy. At least, I thought so," She huffed.

"And this has been going on for a year? He's never wanted to see you in person?" Zack questioned, scooting closer to the distressed girl.

"I just," She could feel tears forming in her eyes as she breathed in deeply, "I just try all the time to see him and it's always a different excuse. He works, he's tired, he lives far. He always makes promises he can't keep. And I've been so head over heels for him that I haven't question a thing. It wasn't until you started questioning it for me that I started to see something wrong!" She exclaimed, placing her head in her hands.

Zack felt slightly guilty for what he was doing to Jordin. Had he just stayed out of Brian's way, she wouldn't be crying to him right now. But he knew this was the quickest way to get Jordin to trust him, and he was sticking by it.

"Hey," He cooed softly and wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her into his chest. He leaned back on the couch so that she was partially laying on top of him. She was too distraught by her tears that she didn't feel anything wrong with the compromising position, placing her head on his chest as she cried, "It's okay. It's going to be okay," He whispered softly through her whimpers.

"Really?" She asked.

"Jordin, I think you should talk this over with Cameron. If he can't give you answers, then he's not worth your time. He could be some psychotic guy covering up behind a picture," He warned, "Haven't you ever seen that show Catfish?"

"Oh my God... I'm so crazy for even being involved in this. I don't know what I was thinking," She cried softly into his shoulder.

"You're not crazy, Jordin. It could happen to anyone," He promised and held her tighter. Jordin sighed and brought her arms around Zack's neck, making herself comfortable in his arms. She needed physical comfort. It was making her forget about everything involving Cameron.

She knew Zack was attractive- any girl could see that. She didn't necessarily want anything from him. She still had Cameron, after all. She just like this comfort. She hadn't been comforted in so long, that she had forgotten what it was like to have someone physically care for her.

"So what should I do? What would you do?" She questioned.

"I know it's been a year for you... But I wouldn't waste my time with him. I'd break up with him."

"I don't know..." She trailed off.

"Think about it. If Cameron is real, breaking up with him could be the push he needs to come and see you," He shrugged and she nodded, understanding.

"Oh my God, and I can't believe I'm crying about this to my boss," She laughed. He smiled down at her.

"Hey, we're your friends, not your bosses. Besides, I'd do anything to help a pretty girl like you," He smiled and Jordin blushed. Zack had called her pretty. Zacky Vengeance, big-shot rockstar, thought she was pretty? She giggled and buried her face in his chest, embarrassed at the thought.

She had gotten compliments before, especially growing up around her family. She never believed it, though. She was too self-conscious to actually take these compliments seriously.

"Well, I should go to bed," She stood up, "You're more than welcome to take the bed. I can sleep on the couch," She pointed out.

"No," He stated firmly, "I can handle the couch for one night," He smiled.

"Well, make yourself comfortable. You're welcome to anything," She assured, "Goodnight, Zack. Thank you for everything."

He stood up and placed a hand on her cheek, "You're welcome," He smiled and leaned forward, placing his lips to her forehead. Jordin smiled at the friendly gesture, not feeling anything from it.

Still unable to free herself from the thoughts of Cameron, she retreated back to her room. Zack's words ringing through her head. Could she actually leave Cameron and forget about him?
She felt more confused than ever.