Status: Completed.

Catfish

Thirteen

Jordin bounced excitedly in her seat as Zack's car drove them up a long and winding road. It was nearing four in the afternoon, having visited several spots already. Each one seemingly getting better and better. Zack had more fun watching the excitement on Jordin's face than anything else during the day.

He stopped on a dirt path, turning off the car before getting out. Jordin followed and they were faced with thick trees and a narrow dirt walkway, "The trip is worth it. C'mon," Zack wrapped an arm around her. She smiled as he guided her through the trees and bushes until they came to a clearing. She could see the edge of a cliff and a bench perched at the peak. He lead her too it and she gasped at the sight.

"Oh my God, it's so pretty!" She exclaimed, sitting beside Zacky on the bench. He scooted as close as possible to her, wrapping his arm casually around her shoulders.

"So, this whole day you've asked me nothing but questions concerning myself. I haven't had a chance to ask you anything," He smiled and she shrugged. It was true. Jordin was more concerned about figuring Zack out than talking about herself.

"What do you want to know?"

"Eh, what was growing up like for you?" He asked.

She scoffed, "I was teased a lot," She stated sadly, "I was always quiet and timid. I was a nerd and people saw. I was constantly ridiculed, and it was the worst in high school."

"I got teased a lot in high school," Zack stated softly and she turned to him eyes wide and curious, "Yeah, I was kind of a freak. My hair was always different colors and I had piercings. I joined baseball in hopes of it going away, and I was really good at it. But the teasing didn't stop. A lot of those guys tormented me without mercy. When I graduated I made my stage name Vengeance to kind of throw it in their faces that I would one day be better than them."

She smiled, "That's amazing. I never did anything special. I don't like being the center of attention or anything. I like working behind the scenes."

"What were your parents like?" He asked.

"They were alright," She shrugged, "I grew up very wealthy, and it showed. They still try to support me. They never liked me doing anything on my own. They're very protective. They wanted me to become a lawyer or something."

"Well I think you turned out great," He smiled and she laughed.

"Thanks. I think you turned out great too."

-

Jimmy cowered in the couch, trying to ignore the glares Leana was sending his way. The moment she felt Jimmy leave the bed, she followed. She had overheard him talking on the phone and she knew it concerned Jordin. His wife had already taken it upon herself to declare Jordin her new best friend, and anything that concerned Jordin, concerned her as well, "Baby, c'mon I don't know anything!" Jimmy pleaded.

"Bull shit, you don't! I knew something was up the minute you shouted dessert at dinner!" She yelled, her arms crossed over her chest.

"You don't understand! Brian will kill me because I already told Zacky!" He shook her by the shoulders. Desperately trying to make his wife understand.

"You told Zack before me!?" She exclaimed and Jimmy groaned, "Oh hell no. Have fun sleeping on the couch!"

"God dammit!" Jimmy shouted, "Okay," He slumped his shoulders and she smirked.

Jimmy jumped straight into the story. Revealing that Brian was actually Cameron, and Jordin was actually dating Brian. He explained the situation involving Jason and all the lies Brian told as Cameron to get Jordin interested him. He explained that Brian meant no harm, because he actually did love Jordin.

"Now Zack knows but wants Jordin for himself. He's like infatuated with her and is challenging Brian head-on. The only problem is that Jordin knows nothing about this. She's so oblivious to everything!" Jimmy exclaimed in a huff.

"Wait, Zacky is trying to get after Jordin?" Leana questioned.

"Yeah, he's with her right now trying to charm her pants off. It's killing Brian," Jimym revealed.

"Um," Leana put a hand on her hips and Jimmy knew she was pissed about something, "I just talked to Gena yesterday and she said her divorce isn't finalized yet."

"What?"

"Her and Zack are still married. And besides that, she told me they were trying to work things out. They went to dinner on Thursday," Leana explained.

"Oh, this is bad. This is very very bad," Jimmy threw his head in his hands.

"What a dick!" Leana exclaimed, "Just wait till I get my hands around his neck! I knew he was a no good lying bastard!" She yelled, her phone already in her hand. Jimmy was quick to pin her down, taking the phone from her hand.

"Leana, Baby, you cannot tell anyone. This isn't about Zack, this is about Brian. If Jordin finds out everything before Brian can explain himself then he'll lose her," Jimmy pleaded.

Leana sighed, "Fine. I won't even tell the girls. But until then Zacky better stay the hell away from me and better keep his hands off my best friend!" She yelled before stomping up the stairs.

Jimmy slumped in the chair, wondering what the hell he just got himself into.

-

"Last stop," Zack stated, pulling into the driveway.

"This is your house?" She questioned and he nodded, "It's beautiful."

Zack's house was much larger than Jimmy's. He wasn't afraid to show off his money. He usually was the one out of the group to by extravagant things. Cars, clothes, and anything else that would state his wealth. His house was no exception.

"C'mon, I'll give you a tour," He smiled and she followed him out of the car.

The sun disappeared behind the horizon long before they reached his house. They watched the sunset at Dana Point, perched on a hill overlooking the bay. He was noticing how sleepy Jordin looked, and figured it was time to finally take her back to his house.

Jordin admired the decoration of Zacky's house. It was in typical Zacky Vengeance fashion, skulls and all. She followed him into the kitchen where he started to take out pots and pans, "What are you doing?" She asked.

"Well, ordering in is so lame. I'm going to cook," He smiled, "You allergic to anything?"

"No, but you don't have to cook, Zack. It's been a long day. We can order something," She suggested.

"Nonsense. You'll love my cooking much better. I'm going to make you the best pasta ever," He smiled.

Jordin laughed at his excitement and she helped him chop vegetables for their sauce. Zacky explained to her how to boil pasta to cook just perfectly. He joked and she giggled, enjoying everything about him as they spent the next hour preparing dinner together. When it was finally done the entire house smelled like a fine Italian restaurant.

"This looks amazing," She smiled before taking a bite. Her eyes widened as he examined her, a smirk on her face, "This is the best pasta ever," She stated and he chuckled.

"Well, Madame, eating dinner is much more enjoyable with a view, is it not?" He asked before grabbing their plates and leading her out to his backyard. She gasped at the sight.

Zack's entire backyard was beautiful. He had plenty of greenery surrounding a large swimming pool that seemed to disappear off the side of the cliff he lived on. Below them was nothing but beautiful grass and flowers before turning to sand at the bottom, stretching out over the beach.

There was a table where they sat and she looked out, "This is amazing. I can't believe you get to see this every day," She breathed and he smiled.

"It's a lot better with someone by your side, isn't it?" He asked and she nodded, "Gena never admired the beauty of it. She took it in, yeah, but she doesn't see it like I do."

Jordin shrugged, "We all see beauty differently."

Zacky and Jordin didn't bother with the dishes, they were both so tired from a long day of driving and sight seeing. The final view was beautiful, and Zacky certainly saved the best for last. It was nearing midnight when Zack returned from the backyard, finding Jordin curled up on his couch. She reminded him of a cat as she was curled into a tight ball against the pillows.

He picked her up and she groaned, carrying her up the stairs. He took her into his bedroom where she woke up groggily, "Where are we?" She questioned the unfamiliar room.

"My room. The bed is big enough for the both of us," Zack promised. Jordin wanted to protest, saying it was strange for her to sleep in his bed with him. She was so exhausted her words came out mumbled, making Zack chuckle.

Instead he slithered in next to her, pulling the covers up. She mumbled something incoherent as he laced his arms around her waist, pulling her close to him. He nestled his face into the crook of her neck, her soft skin warm against his cheek. He left butterfly kisses on her neck as she drifted off to sleep, remaining in Zack's arms.