Status: Completed.

Catfish

Fourteen

Jordin jumped out of the bed in a flash the moment her eyes opened. In a perfect world she's be in Cameron's arms, but it was Zack that was holding her. Sometime during the night she had turned to face him, curling in his side and resting her head on his chest.

She remembered the night before, trying to tell Zack she'd sleep somewhere else, but he couldn't understand her. She faintly remembered his lips against her neck as she drifted to sleep, and she shuddered at the thought.

She looked to the clock to see it was around six in the morning. Zack was still snoring and she was without a car. She slipped out of the room and down the stairs before pulling out her phone, "Hello?" A groggy voice answered.

"Uh, Leana?" Jordin questioned, her voice small.

"Jordin? Why are you calling so early? What's wrong?" She questioned, sitting up in the bed. Jimmy groaned, opening his eyes slightly before turning back over on his side.

"Um, do you think you can come pick me up? I'm sorry, I just don't know who else to call," Jordin pleaded.

"Yeah, sure," Leana tossed the blankets off herself and got up, searching for a quick outfit to put on, "Where are you?"

"I'm at Zack's," Jordin confessed.

"Oh no," She groaned and Jordin sighed, "I'll be there in about fifteen," She announced, heading out the door.

Jimmy sat up, looking at the scowl on Leana's face, "What's wrong with Jordin?" He asked.

"Well, it's six in the morning and she's asking me to pick her up at Zack's. What do you think is wrong?" She snapped, grabbing her keys before rushing out the door. Jimmy sat up, eyes wide as he realized. If Zack had gotten Jordin in bed, he thought, then it would crush Brian. He probably wouldn't be able to face Zack for weeks. He knew Zack was spending the day with her, but he had no idea that Zack would try to get her in bed so easily.

Jordin sat on the front porch of Zack's house. He was still asleep when she slipped out, and she decided to wait outside in case he woke up. She felt bad for leaving without saying anything, but she was too uncomfortable to face him, and to ask him for a ride home. The way he had kissed her neck last night made her shiver. She was attracted to Zack, but only for his good looks. She liked his charm, but she wasn't interested in him. She also didn't want to give off the wrong impression towards him. She liked Zack, and thought their whole weekend was for friends.

Leana pulled up to the driveway and Jordin rushed to the car, getting in the passenger's seat. Leana waited until they were down the street to say anything, "Well, I figured I'm already out of bed and dressed. Wanna get some breakfast?" She asked cheerily and Jordin smiled gratefully towards her.

Ten minutes later they pulled up to a small cafe Leana knew about. They both got out, finding a small table on the back patio before ordering two cups of coffee, "Thanks for picking me up," Jordin smiled at her.

"Don't worry about it," Leana smiled, "That's what friends are for. Besides, you're my best friend, so you're extra special," She grinned.

Jordin stared at her, "I've never had a close friend before, actually," Jordin muttered, "So thank you." Leana smiled sadly at her, but Jordin found it comforting. Out of all the girls she was glad it was Leana who was the nicest to her.

"So, you gonna tell me what happened?" Leana asked.

"Nothing you're thinking," Jordin assured, "Zack stayed at my house after the night at the bar. Jimmy was supposed to take me home, but got super wasted," She laughed.

Leana rolled her eyes, "Sounds like him. Sorry about that. For future reference, never trust him as your designated driver," She warned and Jordin laughed.

"Anyways, in the morning I woke up and he was making waffles."

"Of course," Leana scoffed and Jordin raised an eyebrow, "It's this thing he does when he wants to get with a girl. He makes them waffles in the morning. It's like his secret weapon. He does it to every girl he's interested in."

That made Jordin sad. Despite not wanting to be involved with Zack, it hurt to know she was just like the rest and nothing special, "Anyways," She sighed, "He offered to spend the day with me, since he was already there. He remembered me talking about how beautiful your backyard view was at dinner, so he offered to take me on a scenic tour. I agreed, thinking it was a day between two friends."

Leana nodded, "He always comes off as the friend at first. He treats you like you're his best friend and tries to weave his way into your heart."

Jordin agreed, "The whole day was great. We were exhausted when we got to his house. He wanted me to see the view from his backyard. He made me dinner and we at it by the pool. I was so exhausted that he actually had to carry me up the stairs because I fell asleep on the couch."

"He didn't touch you did he? Because I swear I'll rip his balls off," Leana threatened and Jordin shook her head.

"No," She confirmed, "He put me in his bed and I was so confused. I tried to tell him I'd sleep on the couch, but I was mumbling. He got in the bed with me and he told me it was fine before putting his arms around me. I kept mumbling that I should sleep somewhere else. The last thing I remember was him kissing my neck before I fell asleep," Jordin finished.

"That sneaky bastard," Leana scolded, "Jordin, you can be honest with me. Do you have any feelings for Zack at all?"

Jordin shook her head, "I mean, he's hot, yeah. But I don't want to be with him like that. I like him being my friend, but I would never want to date him."

Leana sighed contently, "Oh, good. Because I didn't want to hurt you with what I'm about to tell you."

"What?" Jordin questioned.

"Zack is still married."

-

Zack stretched every muscle in his body before turning over in the bed, ready to see Jordin's face in the morning, but raised an eyebrow at the empty spot on his bed. He sat up, looking around, "Jordin?" He called. He got up, tossing the blankets off and walking out of his room and downstairs, "Jordin, where are you?" He called as he walked down the stairs.

He looked around, realizing that he was by himself. He growled, pulling out his phone and dialing Jimmy's number, "What?" Jimmy snapped.

"I know you took her, you asshole," Zack growled.

"No, Jordin called Leana to go pick her up. She was creeped out," Jimmy replied.

"What?" He breathed.

"Yeah, Jordin didn't want to stay there anymore because you probably did something she didn't want. Leana told me they're spending the day together, so leave them alone," He ordered.

"Don't tell me what to do," Zack snapped.

Jimmy sighed, "Zack, here me out, okay? You don't love Jordin. She's just another toy for you. You like the idea of Jordin, but you don't actually love her. Brian, on the other hand, is in love with her. Zack, he's head over heels for her. He's trying to work everything out so he can tell her the truth. But he can't do that if you're being an asshole."

Zack scoffed. It was true. He had no intentions of having a lasting relationship with Jordin. He really just wanted to get in bed with her, spend a few weeks being cute with her, and that's it. He knew he'd get bored of her innocence sooner or later and move on. So why couldn't he have her first before Brian kept her forever?

"I know, Jimmy. But maybe Brian should have thought about that before he lied to her," Zack snapped.

"You're such an asshole, Zack. You've always been jealous of him. You just can't let him be happy, can you? Get over your ego and grow the fuck up. We're not in high school anymore," Jimmy stated before hanging up with a sigh.

-

Brian sat on his bed, not wanting to do anything with anyone. He knew Zack had been with Jordin all weekend, and he didn't want to think about what had happened between them. He had tried calling Jimmy earlier, but couldn't get through. He wasn't about to call Zack, either.

He sighed, leaning back into his pillows before he heard his phone ring. He pulled it out of his pocket quickly, looking at the ID.

Jordin

He quickly answered before he missed the call, "Jordin, Baby, I'm so sorry," He started.

"Cameron," She sighed and he felt his heart drop, "It's okay. I went by myself. Zack brought me home."

"Oh," Brian mumbled, "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah," She sighed and ran a hand through her hair, fighting back tears.

"I'm sorry I didn't go out with you Friday. Please, understand me. I'm trying the best I can," He begged.

"But you're not trying hard enough," She said softly, "I've been waiting for a year, Cameron. You don't understand how I'm feeling. And I need to get a normal life. I'm sorry. I just... I think-"

"I know," He said softly, "You deserve better, Jordin. I'm sorry I'm not the perfect guy or anything. But I love you. I love you more than anything in this world, and I just want you to be happy."

It almost killed Brian to speak those words to her. He didn't want to do this, but it was the beginning of his plan. If he could get Jordin to forget Cameron, then it'll be easier for him to make her see that she's in love with him. He knew he had to do this, but he didn't expect it to hurt this much.

"I love you, Cameron," She said softly.

"I love you too," He stated before the line went dead. He sighed, tossing his phone aside as he ran a hand through his hair. He was nervous that she hadn't mentioned anything about Zack. He wasn't sure if he had any influence in her breaking up with Cameron or not.

As he was about to pull the blankets up so he could go to bed, he heard his phone ring for a text message. He sat up, looking down to see it was from Jimmy. He opened his phone, opening the text to see what he had sent.

Zack tried but didn't succeed. Jordin didn't sleep with him.
Good luck.


Brian grinned. He had a purpose again. Zack had failed, but that didn't mean he wouldn't stop trying. Brian slowly put the pieces of his plan in order.