Status: Completed.

Catfish

Nineteen

"Now you're going to run to her," Michelle stated calmly.

"Michelle..." He trailed off.

"I get it," She sighed, "You know, Zack made you out to be the bad guy."

He looked at her as her expression softened, "I never wanted to hurt anyone."

"You'll turn into the bad guy if you don't tell her the truth, Brian. You're going to lose her," She stated and grabbed her purse from the desk and tossed it over her shoulder. She made her way to the front door stopping as she placed her hand on the handle. She looked over her shoulder to look at him, "Don't hurt her, Brian." She stated, and she was gone.

Brian didn't hesitate to grab his keys and also climb into his own car. He didn't bother to turn off any of the lights or even lock his door, he was in such a hurry. Instead he sped down the street to the freeway, heading towards Long Beach. He didn't like the tone of Jordin's voice. The way her voice cracked, and the hesitation. It honestly scared him. It sent a chill to his core.

He had reached her apartment in record speed. Not even looking for any police as he sped well over the speed limit. He parked half-hazardly, not caring that he was taking up half of another parking spot. Instead he ran up the stairs, the elevator taking too long, to reach her door. He didn't even knock, he just pushed the door open, somehow knowing it would be unlocked.

He rushed inside, "Jordin?" He called and looked to the couch, seeing her curled up with her knees to her chest. In the moonlight he could see the shimmering tears staining her cheeks and his heart dropped. He didn't know what could possibly happen. He had dropped her off and she was completely happy, now she was broken, "Jordin?" He called quietly and stepped towards her, dropping to his knees to be closer to her on the couch. His hand immidetly went to her hair, stroking her softly as she continued to whimper.

"He came here," She whispered, "Zack came here," She said and Brian could feel the anger start to pulse through his body.

"What did he do? Did he touch you? I swear Jordin I'll..."

"He kissed me," She cut him off, "And I pushed him away again. He told me he officially ended things with his wife and only wanted me. I couldn't look at him, Brian," Her voice cracked, "Because I knew if I did, I'd give in. So I didn't. I told him this was a mistake, that I only missed Cameron."

Brian's heart stopped as he realized what he had done, "Jordin..." He started, "There's something I need to tell you..." He started but was cut off by Jordin continuing.

"He told me Cameron was a liar. That he only lied to get me to fall in love with him. I don't know what to believe any more. I just want him," She sobbed, "And I can't seem to pull myself away. I just feel like he's never left. We've been broken up and haven't talked for two weeks, and I still feel like he's even closer than before. Am I crazy?" She asked.

Brian opened his mouth, but closed it and shook his head instead. He needed to tell her, deep down he needed to. But right now she didn't need Cameron, she needed Brian. He placed his arms underneath her and lifted her up, "C'mon," He whispered.

"Where are we going?" She asked.

"My place. Zack's not thinking straight right now, and I don't want him coming back," He stated and she didn't protest. She just melted into Brian's arms, her head against his strong chest.

He went into the room and set her down as he grabbed a bag. He didn't know a damn thing about clothes, so he grabbed a pair of jeans and a plain v-neck. Simple. She'd look good an anything anyways, he thought. She didn't protest as he dug through her underwear drawer, or her pajama drawer. She felt comfortable with him.

Before long he swung the bag over his shoulder and picked her up again, carrying her out of the apartment and locking the door behind him. She didn't say anything, she just took in as much as Brian as she could. She looked up at him, admiring his strong jawline, the high cheek bones, and his long eyelashes. She wanted to reach up and touch his face, just to make sure he was real. She did, her fingertips gently grazing his jaw and Brian held back a shiver at the touch.

He set her in the car, going to the other side to get into the driver's seat before heading back towards his house, this time at a slower speed. Jordin occasionally glanced back over at Brian, who kept his eyes on the road. His jaw was tense, his shoulders rigid. She wasn't sure we he looked so worked up about something. She didn't think he could possibly be that upset with Zack. He was his best friend after all.

When they reached the house Brian got out and once again grabbed her. She didn't protest like she did with Zack. She actually wanted to be in Brian's arms. He carried her once more to the living room, placing her on the couch and sitting down beside her.

She rested her head on his chest and his arms went to her waist, drawing small circles on her hips. She turned to bury her face in his chest as she inhaled his scent. He reminded her so much of Cameron it physically hurt her. Her heart ached for him. Her heart ached for Brian. He would be perfect if it weren't for his rockstar status and age. Just perfect. She wished she was as beautiful as the other girls, and she wished she was old enough for him.

She looked up at him, shocked to see he had been staring down at her the whole time. Her eyes were still wet with tears, her cheeks stained. Brian still thought she looked so beautiful in the moonlight pouring in from the windows. She reached up, her hand resting on his cheek.

"Jordin," He whispered, his eyes locking with hers.

Jordin wasn't sure what she saw in those deep brown eyes. She didn't know at all. Some sort of spell she was under, that she was willingly to be apart of. And she leaned in and placed her lips on his. He breathed in deeply, sitting up higher to get a better grip on her and he deepened the kiss.

For so long he had wanted this. For so long he had waited for Jordin to finally come to him. He had waited a year for her to be in his arms, in a moment like this, in complete heaven. In that moment Jordin was kissing Brian, not Cameron, and Jordin loved every single minute of it.

"Wait," She stopped herself and pulled away. Brian kept his hand on her waist, and the other one remained tangled within her hair, "We shouldn't be doing this. I'm sorry..."

"Jordin," He whispered and she looked up at him, "We can do this."

"No, Brian. I'm sorry. I just... I don't think I'm right for you and..." She started to rant and Brian cut her off by quickly placing his lips on hers.

"You're perfect for me, Jordin. I swear, you're like out of a dream. I've been wanting to kiss you for so long, but I didn't want to scare you away like Zack did. I just... I really like you," Brian said, having trouble finding his words. He wanted to confess how in love he was with her, but knew she would only be frightened by that.

"Why?" She pulled away from him, "Brian, you have everything you could ever want. Why would you want me?"

"I don't have everything," He protested, "Because I don't have you."

"You could find much better girls," She told him and he pulled her close.

"What is it going to take for me to convince you that you're perfect?" He whispered in her ear, "Everything about you, Jordin, is perfect. And if you could just give me a chance... I don't think you'll regret it."

She sighed, looking away. She wanted to. Oh, how she just wanted to take Brian for herself and never share ever again. She wanted him to be everything, "Jordin," He placed a finger on her chin, making her turn to look at him, "I know I'm an older guy. I know I'm timid and sometimes I can't take things seriously. I spend way too much time focused on music instead of other things but..." He paused to take in a deep breath, "I can't express to you in words how much I want this. How much I want you. Please, Jordin, just give me a chance."

Something within her needed Brian. Looking into his brown eyes, it was like they've known each other forever. She felt like she was somehow already apart of him, "Okay," She whispered.

Brian let out a sigh of relief, pulling Jordin close so she could bury her head into the crook of his neck. He held her, taking in every inch of her as he just allowed himself to relax. She was his. Finally, Jordin was in his arms and was his completely.

He was in heaven.