Status: Completed.

Catfish

Twenty

Jordin rolled over on her side, trying to push herself out of Brian's arms, "Brian," She whined and she could see a smirk slowly grace his face. She giggled as his grip tightened, but he refused to open his eyes, "Brian, we have to get up," She stated seriously and he shook his head.

"Five more minutes," He mumbled, shifting himself so his face was buried into her neck. She huffed, but couldn't complain. She was used to his morning routing by now.

For the past two weeks Jordin was in complete bliss along side Brian. They were practically never apart, including nights. Either he was at her house, or she was at his. It was so normal for them. They went to the studio in the morning, ate dinner at night, then retired to one of their homes before waking up the next morning. Within the past two weeks Jordin had earned her own drawer at Brian's house, and his own drawer at hers.

"Five minutes is up, Babe. I'm leaving with or without you in half an hour," She smirked and slid out of his arms. He groaned, but it didn't stop her as she made her way across his room towards the bathroom. Brian sat up, able to watch her as the door was open. She was looking in the mirror, taking her hair down and beginning to brush through her dark locks. She was wearing one of his shirts again, because she had grown accustomed to just wearing his clothes at night instead of hers. They hadn't done anything serious yet. Brian was determined to show her he actually cared about her by waiting, something Zacky wouldn't have done. But she enjoyed the way her body swam in his shirts, and he enjoyed the look of it, "What are you staring at?" Her voice pulled Brian out of his daze.

He sent her a cheeky smile, "How perfect you are," He replied and she smiled at him through the mirror before shutting the door with her foot. He heard the water in the sink go on and he took that as a sign to finally get up.

He stood, stretching every muscle in his body before making his way to the closet. He grabbed something to wear and made his way to the bathroom, opening the door without knocking.

It scared Jordin how comfortable they were. How normal they seemed to be as a couple. Their routines were so in sync. They had this rhythm with each other that she couldn't break, and she honestly didn't want to. She wasn't sure if it was because this was the first piece of normalcy she's ever had in a relationship, or if her bond with Brian really was that strong.

Jordin had realized very quickly that her thoughts of Cameron had faded. She hadn't thought about him sense Brian had officially stolen her heart. She hadn't heard anything about him either. He had disappeared, not offering a single text or call. She was thankful for that.

"Are you ready?" Brian called from the bottom of the stairs as she slipped on her shoes. She ran down the stairs, kissing him on the lips before he led her out to his car, "We only have three more songs left," He smiled at her.

"I know, time went by so fast. We'll be completely done in a couple weeks then we can start mixing," She beamed at him. She was excited to finally be able to get behind the mixer for herself. She was already learning the ropes between the constant coffee runs she made at the studio.

"It's going to sound so great," He assured. The chatted casually as they stopped at a drive-thru Starbuck's before finally making their way to the studio. Brian parked his car in the usual spot and Jordin got out, her coffee in hand. Brian took her free hand with his, and she leaned her head against his shoulder as they walked into the building.

They made their way into the studio when Brian finally released her hand, only to go across the room to grab his guitar and set up. She greeted the guys before heading in her own direction to turn on all of the speakers and microphones around the room.

"Hey," Jimmy found Jordin and was quick to pounce on her for a hug.

"Jesus Christ," She grumbled as he did so, struggling to wrestle out of his grasp, "Good Morning to you too," She smiled.

"Well, you and Lover Boy are officially invited to dinner tonight at my house tonight. Leana says you can't skip out. She'll hunt you down," He warned and she laughed.

"Wouldn't dream of missing it, Jimmy. Besides, I'm having lunch with her today. I'm sure I'll get wrestled into helping her shop for some last minute things," She shrugged.

Jimmy beamed, "Thank God!" He huffed, "I'm always the one to go with her. Ugh, isn't she a pain?" He joked and Jordin playfully punched him in the arm.

"Get back to work," She scolded and Jimmy raised his hand in a salute before running off.

-

Leana walked into the cafe beaming. She hadn't seen her best friend since she dressed her for her dinner with Brian. From what Jimmy told her, and the little conversations she's had with Jordin on the phone, her and Brian were inseparable. She wanted all the details from Jordin, since Jimmy couldn't get much of her personal life out of her or Brian.

"Hey!" Leana was quick to tackle her friend in a hug. Jordin laughed, hugging her back, "You're coming to dinner tonight right?"

"Of course. Jimmy already told both Brian and I," She smiled and Leana couldn't miss the glow radiating from her friend. She looked happy. Truly filled with joy.

"So, what's going on with you two?" Leana asked.

"We're happy together," She sighed dreamily, "I couldn't have imagined anything more perfect. I mean, the more I'm with Brian the happier I am. You know, I haven't had any thoughts about Cameron for two weeks?"

Leana nearly choked on her water, "Oh. So you know Brian pretty well then, right?" She wasn't sure how to exactly get it out of Jordin if she knew the truth or not, without looking suspicious.

"I suppose. I mean, we don't know everything about each other," She shrugged.

"So, are you guys getting serious? Sleeping over every night?" Leana winked and Jordin gasped, playfully smacking her friend in the arm. Leana giggled.

"I guess we're getting serious, but not like that. I mean, we practically live with each other. I haven't slept by myself in so long. But Brian doesn't want us to move fast in that area of our relationship yet," Jordin chose her words wisely to not sound so vulgar, "He wants it to be special between us."

Leana's eyes widened. In all her time knowing Brian, he had never waited for a girl. Hell, he and Michelle were sleeping with each other before they actually became official. She had to convince him to actually commit to her. Never had Brian put sex aside for a girl's feelings, "He's a good guy, Jordin. Just remember that," Leana smiled.

"I always will. It's just terrifying," Jordin laughed nervously.

"Why?"

"I don't know. It's just weird how well we work with each other. It scares me. I guess I worry if I'm actually falling for Brian, or if I'm tricking myself into replacing Cameron. I swear, they're so alike. But Brian makes me forget everything about Cameron. I just worry we're moving so fast. I mean, Brian's so much older than me. I just get scared that as soon as I get too attached, he'll leave me for someone more practical," Jordin confessed.

"More practical?" Leana scoffed, "Jordin, you're everything Brian's ever wanted in a girl. He's been waiting for you his entire life. Besides, he's already attached to you. He's not letting you go anytime soon."

"And," Jordin bit her lip, "Is Michelle going to be at dinner tonight?" She asked sheepishly and Leana sighed.

"Unfortunately, yes. Wherever Val goes, she's right behind her. You'll never be able to get rid of her, Sweetie. She's known the guys longer than I have. But I promise she'll warm up to you. She might come off as rude at first, but she's over Brian. Trust me," She assured, "And Brian is over her."

"Okay," She sighed.

"It'll be fun. I promise it will be a night completely free of any drama," Leana assured.

-

Jordin reached up, standing on the tips of her toes. Her fingertips barely grazed the roll of paper towels on the top shelf when she felt arms around her waist. She squeaked, startled by the sudden action, and turned around to see Brian smirking at her. She glared, pushing him gently in the chest, "You scared me."

"I know. I just couldn't help it," He smiled before reaching up past her and grabbing the roll and setting down on the counter. He leaned in, placing his lips on hers, "I can't get enough of you," He muttered against her lips and she giggled. He pulled away, his arms beside her, trapping her against the counter. She laced her arms around his neck, "Let's skip dinner tonight. Just you and me," He smiled.

"It's me and you every night, Bri," She laughed and he pouted, "I promised Leana we would go," She stated and saw something flash across his eyes. Worry, maybe? She went to question it before he cut her off with a quick kiss.

"You're right. I just can't help that I want you all to myself," He winked and kissed her again, "I need to go finish some tracks. Bye."

He left the room in a blink of an eye and Jordin bit her lip nervously. She had only been seeing Brian for a little over two weeks, but something told her he wasn't right. Something was wrong, and she just hoped he wouldn't be ending things with her. She had grown so attached to him that she couldn't be let down so suddenly.

She looked down at her feet, thinking about Brian's ex. What could Brian see in her, if he had dated such beautiful people before. The twins were gorgeous, and so were the other wives. She didn't understand why he would want her. Maybe he was finally realizing that.

Despite what Leana assured her, she couldn't trust her completely. Jordin would always have self-doubt. She was born with it. Suddenly, she wasn't so excited for dinner at Leana's. She was dreading facing the other girls again.

"Don't think too hard," Zack strolled in and she turned to him.

She hadn't spoken to him in two weeks. In fact, she's only seen him a handful of times over the time period, and only at a glance. After Jimmy told Zack that Jordin and Brian were officially together, he kept away. He was disappointed still, but more upset with Brian. How could he continue to lie to her, all while keeping up his act? It didn't make sense to him. He whole-heartedly believed that Brian should have told her everything before making this official with her.

Zack had done his best to weave between Jordin and Brian in the studio, avoiding them as much as possible. The only time he was near Brian was when they tracked harmonized parts together, and that's it. He had mapped out every single possibly route around the studio, meticulously avoiding Jordin all together. If she went left, he went right. He had become a master at blending in with the studio walls and going unseen.

"Haven't seen you in a while," She said softly.

"Yeah, well I didn't really want to see you and lover boy sucking face all the time," He scoffed, making his way to the refrigerator.

"Zack," She sighed, "I don't want any hard feelings between us. I really liked having you as a friend."

"It's fine, really. You're a good friend, Jordin. It's why I worry about you," He stated, turning around to give her a look before looking back into the refrigerator, "I'm not the one keeping secrets."

"What are you talking about?" She asked.

He smirked, "You fell for it," He pointed out, "You fell for Brian's plan. Your boyfriend isn't all he's cracked up to be. You'll realize that sooner or later." Fear raked through Jordin's body, then turned into anger. She was sick of being lied to.

She marched forward, grabbing his shoulder and turning him around, a glare in her eye, "Tell me what you're talking about," She demanded.

"Hey, I don't want to be the one to let the cat out of the bag," He chuckled and she shoved him, only causing him to smile more. He liked seeing her upset. It only made him anticipate her finding out the truth even more.

"I'm sick of people lying to me, Zack," She huffed, "The least you could do is tell me."

He smirked, walking up to her and placing a hand on her cheek. He brought his green eyes to look down into hers, "This is what you asked for. So this is what you're getting," He whispered.

He pulled away, a dark look in his eye as he walked back into the studio, leaving her by herself. She huffed, sitting down at the table to think about what Zack said. What could Brian be possibly lying about? He told her absolutely everything.

Something told her that tonight's dinner wasn't going to go as smooth as Leana had told her.
♠ ♠ ♠
This story is going to end around chapter twenty five-ish. I'm drafting the last chapters right now. There won't be a sequel. But I will be starting my new story called Pieces. Its a Zacky Vengeance story. The link is below so you can check it out :)
Thank you for all the wonderful comments!
Pieces