Status: Completed.

Catfish

Twenty-Two

The table fell silent as everyone began to eat. Somehow everyone knew that Zack's black eye was not some horseplay in the backyard. They also knew that Gena was not happy to be sitting across from Jordin, keeping her glare fixated on her.

Brian huffed, looking up at Gena, "Can you stop glaring at my girlfriend?" He asked through gritted teeth and she adverted her glare to him.

"Can you tell your girlfriend to keep her hands off my husband," She snapped.

Jordin put her head down, ashamed. She had never done such a thing with Zack, nor did she want to. Sure, at one point in time she thought she saw something in Zack. That had been before she found out he was married. She understood perfectly now that this woman wasn't wrong for snapping at her, because Zack was a liar. If he lied to her, then he certainly lied to his wife.

"Hey, you're douchebag of a husband was..." He was cut off by Jordin's soft hand resting on his thigh. He turned to her, seeing big green eyes wide and pleading. As much as he wanted to continue, he couldn't with the look in Jordin's eye. Of course, he thought, Jordin doesn't like confrontation.

"Brian, stop," She whispered and he sighed, defeated.

The table fell into conversation about the new album and new tour. The girls kept mostly to themselves as the boys explained to Dan what was going on at the studio, and the progress of the album. He was just as excited as them to go on tour again. Jordin finally ignored the glares Gena sent her and just kept her head down. Occasionally, Michelle would elbow Gena in the side to get her to stop, but Gena only hardened her glare.

"Matt and Jason are going to be so stoked to hear about it. I don't know why they're so late," Dan shrugged, looking down at his watch and Leana physically began to choke on her food. The entire table turned to look at her with a worried expression as Jimmy gave her water.

"Th-They're coming?" She choked out.

"Of course they are! Do you need to get your head checked?" Dan asked.

Brian tensed up, and Jordin felt it. She could also see how worried Jimmy and Leana looked. She looked around at the table before back to Brian, "Who's Matt and Jason?" She questioned.

"Why do you want to know? You're going to fuck them too now?" Gena snapped and the table gasped.

Despite Jordin's sympathy and understanding for Gena, she wouldn't tolerate being ridiculed in front of the table, or Brian.

"I didn't sleep with your husband," Jordin spat the the eyes of every person widened at the table. They had never seen Jordin react in such a way. She was always too nice.

"She didn't. But I think it'll be nice for her to meet them. I'm sure you'll get along with them great," Zack cut in, "Especially Jason," He smiled.

Brian had had it. He couldn't contain himself any longer. Zack had set this up, and everything was going according to his plan, "You're a fucking asshole!" Brian seethed.

"What's gotten into you!?" Jordin exclaimed at him, but Brian ignored her, keeping his eyes fixated on Zack.

"Can't you see, Jordin? He's upset because his web of lies are finally falling apart. He can't run from the truth any more," Zack stated.

"You stay out of this, Baker!" Brian growled.

Jordin had enough. She knew something was going on and no one was willing to tell her. She hated being the odd one out. She felt like everyone knew something that she didn't, and it wasn't fair. First she thought she was being childish. But she had every right to with the way Brian and Zacky were acting. She stood up from the table. She turned to Brian, a glare in her eyes.

"Outside. Now," She ordered as she pointed her finger towards the back patio, and he obliged, heading to the backyard where the moon was high and the sky was dark. She shut the door behind her and turned to him, only to see him pacing the patio with both hands tangled in his hair.

"Fuck," He cursed and she approached him cautiously.

"Brian, what the hell is going on?" She asked and he turned to her, eyes wide. A million things rushing through his head.

"You should sit down," He pointed to the patio furniture near the barbecue, but she shook her head.

"I'd rather stand. Now tell me what's going on. Why was Zack telling me you're keeping secrets. And why would you even think about hurting him like that!" She exclaimed and he sighed. Despite her protests, he grabbed her by the arm and sat her down on the couch, taking a seat next to her.

He reached forward and grabbed both of her hands and looked at her, "Jordin, there something I need to tell you," He warned and she groaned.

"I swear to god, Brian, if you're still married," She growled and he shook his head rapidly.

"No! Nothing like that. I've been divorced for two years, Jordin. I told you that," He explained and she sighed, relieved.

"Okay, then what is it?" She asked, already exhausted from the excitement throughout the day. Her mind had processed just about every single explanation for why Brian had been acting so strange, and nothing added up.

"I-" He choked up. How could he say it? I'm Cameron Cates? I'm who you think I am, but not really? He had no idea what to say, and he couldn't form any words.

"I love you," He blurted out.

Her eyes went wide and she slid her hands out of his, "Um, what?" She wasn't sure she had heard that right.

"I'm in love with you, Jordin. No matter what happens I will always love you, okay?"

She looked at him like she was crazy. How could someone like Brian possibly be in love with her after just two weeks? That was ridiculous. She felt like she was bring set up.

"Okay?" She scoffed, "Brian we've been together for two weeks! You don't even know me hardly enough to confess to being in love with me!" She protested and went to leave, but he pulled her back.

"No, Jordin, I do know you!" He argued, his eyes pleaded, "I know everything about you, Jordin."

"No you don't!" She protested and he shook his head.

"I know you're biggest fear in life is thunderstorms," He said and her eyes went wide, her mouth falling open. Sure, she had known Brian for two weeks, but that was never a topic of their conversations. She never told him such a secret, "You can't sleep, and you usually stay awake. You have to keep all of the lights on and drink Chamomille tea, because that's what your nanny made for you when you were a child. And you like to be cuddled during thunderstorms, because it's the only way you feel safe."

"How the hell..." She was confused. She never told Brian she had a nanny growing up. She only told him that her parents were wealthy, but she never shared with him the neglect they had given her.

He cut her off, "I know the only place you've ever wanted to go in life is Paris, because you're in love with it's sheer beauty and romanticism. I know you took french classes in college, even if it had nothing to do with your major. I know you dream about discovering every little corner of the city with someone you love, because in your eyes Paris is meant for lovers.

"I know that in your senior year your supposed friends set you up to be humiliated at a school dance. Ever since you've been self-conscious about yourself. You're shy around guys and it's why you resorted to online dating. You've been afraid of letting yourself love completely, because the only thing that scares you more than thunderstorms is being left alone.

"After that dance, you staying up in your treehouse for hours. It was the one place you felt safe. A little spot hidden in the trees you had found when you were just a little girl. It was like your escape. And whenever you were feeling overwhelmed, you would run up there. It took your parents three hours to get you down that night

"I know everything about you, Jordin," He whispered and she stared at him in horror, "And when Jason gets here, you have to promise-"

"Who the fuck is Jason!?" She screamed. She was sick of all the mystery, "Why do you know everything about me!?" She yelled. She had finally snapped, "What the fuck is going on!"

Through the glass door of the patio they could hear commotion coming from the dining room, only a few feet away. She looked at him. She glared standing up, but he grabbed her arm, "Jordin, Baby, please let me explain!" He begged.

"Explain what, Brian?" She snapped, "That you stalked me? That you dug into my life to find these things out, hoping it would somehow prove this love you have for me!?" She had had it. She was completely done with all of the secrets.

"No, Jordin, you don't understand," He tugged her arm, desperately trying to pull her into his arms.

"Let me go!" She wrestled away from him, tossing the door open and rushing into the house.

She could see two new people in the dining room, their backs to her. One had long hair and wore a t-shirt and jeans. But the other one wore a hat backwards, a muscle shirt to show off muscular arms, and shorts. Her eyes noticed the tattoos right away, "Oh my God..." She whispered and both of them turned around, her eyes going even wider.

"C-Cameron?" She choked out. Zack was quick to jump up form the table and rushed to her side, placing a steady hand on her shoulder as she stared between the person she knew as Cameron, and an identical version of him. Gena glared, looking between the three of them. She shook her head, completely confused.

"Jordin, I'd like you to meet Matt," He pointed to the first twin, "And Jason Berry," He pointed to the other.

"You-You're name is Jason?" She questioned softly, her voice barely a whisper. Jason thought it was odd that the girl did offer a wave to him or his brother. Just a question. Still, he wasn't one to be rude.

"Jason Berry, ma'am. At your service," He flashed her a wide smile. His brown eyes locking with hers. She could see it perfectly clear, though. The emptiness. He hadn't a clue who she was. She was a stranger to him, and she could see it. She could see that in his world, she was nothing. She knew that he was completely oblivious to who she was.

And suddenly, everything made sense.