Status: Completed.

Catfish

Twenty-Five

Brian wandered into his house nearing midnight. Michelle had yet to call or text him back, and it was infuriating. He knew Michelle meant well, but that didn't help him stomach the fact that his ex-wife was now nursing his girlfriend.

He shuffled into his room, tossing his phone aside. He deemed it useless, seeing as no one was answering his calls anyways. Jordin was ignoring him and no where to be found. She was absent from her apartment, and he couldn't figure out where she had gone. He figured Michelle must have taken her to a hotel, to keep her distance from him, and he didn't like that.

He just wanted the chance to explain. The chance to redeem himself. In all honesty, he wasn't sure how to even redeem himself. He had no words to say to her. He couldn't think of anything he could say to Jordin that would make her forgive him.

He lay back in his bed, his eyes staring up at the ceiling. He was exhausted, but couldn't find himself able to fall asleep. He had too many things running through his head.

Suddenly, his familiar ringtone was blasting through the empty room. He rolled over, hoping to see Michelle or Jordin's name on the screen. He growled when he saw it was Zack calling him. He sat up, angrily answering his phone, "What do you want?" He snapped.

"I'm sorry," Zack stated softly.

Brians scoffed, "Sorry? You're sorry? Yeah, Zack, you're completely forgiven," He said sarcastically.

Zack sighed, running a hand over his face as he sat on the edge of his bed, "Brian, I know I fucked up, okay? But I promise that I never meant to do this to her. All I wanted was for you to tell her. I wasn't thinking at the time."

"Jimmy warned you, Zack!" Brian protested, "He told you that if you told anyone, then she would react like this. And you didn't listen!"

"I know!" Zack exclaimed, "But... I just didn't believe it."

Brian was silent for a long time, "Did you really have feelings for her?" Brian asked softly.

Zack shrugged, "I think she's beautiful. I liked the idea of being with someone like her. She's the complete opposite of Gena. At the same time, I liked what Gena had. I just wanted a taste, Bri. I didn't mean for it to go this far."

"But you did... I swear to God, Zack, if I lose her," Brian paused, "If I lose her I don't know what I'm going to do."

Zack looked down at his feet. He knew his friend was in pain. He also knew that what ever condition Brian was in, Jordin was probably worse, "I'm sorry," Zack stated again and Brian sighed.

"I know you are, Zack," Brian replied softly. Despite all of the chaos, he knew Zack was his friend. He knew Zack would never intentionally hurt him. He played a game, and just took it too far.

"Are you gonna be okay?"

"Not until I see her again," Brian confessed.

-

Jordin awoke to Leana peering down at her, causing her to jump from being startled. She immediately put a hand to her chest and sighed, "Jesus Christ," She muttered.

"Sorry, Chelle texted me last night saying you would need clothes," She smiled and pushed several options in her direction.

"Thanks. I'm assuming Jimmy let you in my apartment?" She questioned and Leana smirked, shaking her head.

"Nope," She smiled, "I figured if Jimmy got a key, then I deserved a key. So I got one made," She shrugged, causing Jordin to let out a small laugh.

"I appreciate the thought," She smiled and gingerly took the clothes, examining her options. She found a pair of shorts and a top, seeing as the weather was finally starting to warm up again.

Leana watched Jordin carefully as she rose, stretching before heading to the bathroom to change. She looked exhausted. The truth was that Jordin hadn't slept. She had grown so accustomed to having Brian's arms wrapped around her every night, that one night without him was too much of a change for her. She felt empty, and she felt like she wouldn't be able to sleep until he was there with her.

"How is she?" Michelle asked, stepping out of her room completely dressed.

Leana sighed, "She doesn't look as bad as I thought she would. How'd you get her to calm down?" She asked. When Jordin left her house the previous night, she was expecting seeing her days without comfort. She looked so miserable, she didn't think she'd be able to pull herself together again.

"We had a nice talk," Michelle smiled at her.

Before Leana could say anything else there was a knock at the door. Michelle looked at it before back at Leana, who shrugged, "It's probably Val or Lacey. They were running late," She noted and Michelle nodded before calling out that the door was open.

The door opened slowly, and they watched as a very beat up and bruised Zack walked in, shutting the door quietly behind him. Leana glared, anger burning through her, "You asshole!" She screamed, "You have a lot of fucking nerve showing your face around here!" She yelled and Michelle placed a hand on her shoulder to calm her.

"I just need to talk to Jordin," He stated softly.

"Don't you think you should have called first?" Michelle asked and he sighed.

"I know you wouldn't have let me. Please, I just need to tell her a few things. I have to do this," He stated and before either of the girls could protest the bathroom door opened. Jordin stepped out in fresh clothes before her eyes found Zack's.

"Zack!?" She exclaimed and rushed to him, "Are you okay?" She asked. Michelle smiled at her act of kindness. Despite the fact that this was the man who single-handedly ruined her relationship, she was still concerned about the black eyes and busted lip on his face.

"Don't worry about me. I'm here to talk to you about something," He stated and she stepped back skeptically.

"Zack, I can't handle any more of your lies," She stated softly and he shook his head.

"No more lies, Jordin. I came here to apologize," He stated and she nodded for him to continue, "I've been a really big asshole lately, Jordin. I was going through a divorce and this beautiful new assistant came to the studio," She blushed, "I lost it, okay? And what Brian had made me jealous. I just wanted a taste of you. I wanted both you and Gena. I lied to her too, okay? And I know it was wrong and Jesus," He stopped to breathe, "I'm so fucking sorry."

She looked down at her feet, "I don't know what to say, Zack."

"You don't have to say anything to me, Jordin," He stepped forward, "Don't forgive me, that's okay. But you have to forgive Brian," He stated and she looked up at him, "This wasn't his fault, Jordin. He loves you more than anything in the world, and he's hurting just as much as you are right now. He's worried he's going to lose you forever, and he can't handle that. He loves you too much."

She felt tears fill her eyes, "He used me, Zack," She whispered, her voice cracking.

"No, Jordin," He protested in a whisper, "He just wanted to love you, and he just wanted you to love him back. I know this isn't how you pictured everything working out, but I promise he will love you until the day he dies."

She felt her lip quiver as she thought about Brian being in so much pain. She couldn't fathom how he could be just as hurt as she was. She took in a deep breath, "Where is he?" She asked.

"At home. He refuses to do anything, Jordin," He confessed, "He won't get up to come to the studio. He won't even get out of bed. He's miserable."

She stared at him. The hard glare of his green eyes were now gone, and she saw something innocent in them. Zack was telling the truth, and he was being sincere about it. She looked down at her feet, contemplating what she should do. Suddenly, she felt a hand on her shoulder. She turned to see Michelle smiling at her, "If you feel the need to go to him, don't fight it just because you're angry," She stated.

"Yeah, Jordin," Leana looked over at her, "That's your heart telling you to fix things with him, Silly," She grinned and Jordin nodded.

She nodded, "You're right," She looked up at Zack, "I need to see him."