Status: Completed.

Catfish

Three

Brian groaned, stepping into the front hallway of his friend's house. He wasn't looking forward to the barbecue. Not one bit.

A barbecue at Matt's house was a chance for his friends to show off the companionship that Brian had lacked. Not to mention that his ex-wife is also the sister of Matt's wife, Valary. Brian had hoped that with the divorce he could avoid his ex as much as possible, but that is inevitable. He saw her more than he had wanted to.

"Hey, it's about time!" Zack rushed up to him, handing him a beer.

"Yeah," Brian grumbled, popping the top and eating a glare from his friend.

"Dude, you're always in the moods when we all get together. You can't be a hermit crab forever. Besides, Matt was telling me he has someone he wants you to meet," He smiled and Brian rolled his eyes.

The guys always had someone for him to meet. He had met Barbara, Annie, Crystal, Kelly, Melissa, and Kaila. They were all exceptionally beautiful. Blonde, tall, proportionate in the right areas. All of them were the same. They were all embarrassingly stupid, and couldn't hold a decent conversation to save their lives.

He could hold a conversation with Jordin forever, and they haven't even met. Brian found his mind drifting to Jordin. He had confessed to her the pain he felt in going to the barbecue in the short conversation they had in the morning. She understood that he was lonely, and she wished more than anything to be there with him. Brian of course left out the part with his ex-wife being involved, and kept to the story of just wanting to stay home to talk to her.

In his thoughts he didn't see another person approaching him. He was pulled out of his vision of Jordin when the man he least wanted to see joined him at his side, "Hey, Gates. Haven't seen you in a while!" Jason exclaimed.

Brian bit back a groan. Jason had been one of his best friends for years. But with recent events, he found himself despising him, "Yeah, I've been really busy."

"I heard recording is going well. Sucks I'm going to miss most of it," He shrugged.

Brian raised an eyebrow, "Why?" Jason never missed recording. He was always there helping Jimmy set up his kit, bringing the guys food, or just lounging around.

"I'm going on a trip with Matt. We're visiting relatives up north for a while. Gonna cruise on a road trip on the way there and back," He smiled, obviously excited. He was always excited to get away with his twin for a while. Especially since they hadn't seen their extended family in years due to touring with the band so much.

Brian smiled at this, "Well have a great time, Man. Don't be in too much of a hurry to get back," He smiled and Jason had to laugh, not knowing that deep down Brian was hoping Jason would stay away for a long time.

Jason being around constantly reminded him that Jordin was in love with him, as far as looks went. Sure, Brian had a similar bone structure. His features were harsher, though, and he wasn't entirely sure how Jordin would react to seeing him for the first time. Besides, she always complimented how handsome he was in his pictures. Brian was never one to be self-conscious, but he couldn't help but feel inferior to his friend.

"Hey, Brian, I want you to meet someone," Matt called. Brian turned around, facing his friend dressed in trunks, carrying a beer, guiding a woman towards him. She looked the same as they always did. Blonde hair, big boobs in a small bikini top, long legs, and a plastic smile.

He plastered on a fake smile as the girl approached him, "Oh, really?"

"Yeah, this is Kailey. She's a cosmetologist in Laguna. She's a friend of Val's," He introduced.

"It's so nice to finally meet you. Val constantly talks about how handsome you are, but I don't think it did you justice," She smiled flirtatiously and Brian sighed.

"Well, thanks," He scratched the back of his head awkwardly.

"Brian here is single," Matt intervened and Brian growled.

"Actually, I'm unavailable," He replied and the girl looked utterly confused.

Matt rolled his eyes, "Dude, c'mon. None of us have met her. We've all met Kailey. You guys should hang out and get to know each other."

"What part of unavailable don't you understand?" Brian snapped.

"Uh, Matt told me you were divorced. That's true right?" Kailey asked and he turned to her.

"Listen. I'm a divorced man who happened to found a girl who's really interested in, except she isn't you," He stated harshly, causing Matt to shove him in the shoulder, "So no, I don't want to go on a date with you. I'm sorry they dragged you all the way out here, promising me to buy you a nice dinner and maybe fuck you," She scoffed, crossing her arms over her chest, "But you've been mislead."

"What the fuck is your problem?" Matt asked, Kailey walking away with a huff in search of her keys and purse.

"What's yours?" Brian asked, "I told you that I found a girl. I found a girl I'm moving slow with because I don't want to end up with another blonde bimbo like that one," He pointed to the girl now showing herself out Matt's front door, "I want someone with a brain and I want someone who likes me for me. Not that I can play guitar in a fucking band."

Matt rolled his eyes, "C'mon, Man. You've always introduced us to your girls within a week. What's to different about this one?"

"She's special, okay? And I want to be with her for a long time. She's not some quick fuck," Brian snapped.

Matt sighed, "Well, I'll believe it when I see it."

"Fuck you, Matt," Brian spat before pushing past him, leaving his half-full beer on the counter before slamming the door behind him. He didn't care that the rest of the band would probably be pissed at him for leaving so dramatically. Surely he would get a text from Michelle later asking what the hell his problem was, and if this had to do with her. She always worried about things like that.

Brian sped home, eager to finally get on the phone with Jordin. He was missing her voice more and more each day, every minute he wasn't on the phone with her. He thought about her every minute of the day when he wasn't thinking about music. She had become a part of him.

He pulled into the driveway, locking his car before entering the house much too big for one man alone. He shut the door, crossing over to the living room before tossing himself on the couch. He kicked his feet up before pulling out his phone. Already he had several messages from his friends.

Zack: Not cool man. Kaylie was a really cool girl. You should have given her a chance.
Jimmy: Definitely the drama queen of the group, right Brian? Call me later.
Michelle: Is this my fault? I'm sorry, Brian, that I come around more often than I should. Val's my sister, but these are your friends. I should have warned you before hand that I was going to be there. I'm sorry.

He rolled his eyes at the last one. Michelle was a big part of his life, so it hurt when she stomped on his heart with her Louboutin heels he had bought her that christmas. He was over her, yes, but he wasn't over the situation that happened between them. And it angered him when she tried to get back into his good graces when she full well knew what she did. She was always trying to weave herself back into his life one way or another, and he hated it.

Sighing, he picked up the phone and dialed the number he had memorized. He waited for several rings, and he was losing hope that she would answer, when she groggily muttered a hello, "Did I wake you?" He asked.

"No, no. I shouldn't be asleep anyways. Too many things to do," She giggled and he felt the familiar burn in his heart at the sound of her sweet voice. He melted into the couch, relaxing for the first time since their last conversation.

"Well, don't let me get in your way," He smiled.

"You're more than welcome to get in my way," She giggled, "Aren't you supposed to be at a barbecue?" She asked.

He sighed, "Yet another disaster set up by my ridiculous friends," He groaned and went to explain the fiasco including Kailey. He left out the facts about being in a band, seeing Jason, and Michelle.

"Cam," She sighed, "I mean... I don't want you to feel like you can't date because of me. I'm sure there are nice girls closer to you and..."

He cut her off before she could finish, "I don't want anyone else, Jordin," He assured, "I don't date because why search for someone when I already found her?"

She giggled at that, her heart warming as she heard those words, "You're amazing, Cameron, you know that?" She asked and his face went hot, remembering the stupid name he had dubbed himself online.

"Well, not as amazing as you, Sweetheart," He stated softly.

"I wish I was with you," She whispered softly, almost embarrassed to say it. She was, a little, mainly because she worried Cameron didn't love her as much as she loved him.

"I wish you were here," He replied, "I wish more than anything, Jordin," He stated firmly and she was silent, "I love you."

She smiled, "I love you too."

"I mean it, Jordin," He scolded and she giggled.

"I know," She assured before looking to the clock, "I should go. I have to get some thing ready for my first day at the new job on Monday."

"Don't be nervous, Babe," He smiled, already knowing Jordin. She was probably freaking out about what to wear, what to say, and how to act. She was always worried about herself.

"I know. I'll let you know how it goes, okay?"

"Okay. I love you."

"I love you too."

And she was gone. And he was alone. A feeling he had grown accustomed to.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry these chapters are taking so long. I had plenty of drafts written out, and they unexpectedly got deleted. Hopefully I'll be able to pick up the pace and post more frequently.
Thank you for reading!