Status: Completed.

Catfish

Four

Jordin jumped out of bed, excited to start a new day. Her first day in a real recording studio had her adrenaline rushing all night. She couldn't fathom how excited she was to get into a real studio with a real band. At this point she wasn't aware of the band she would be working with, but her cousin had claimed it was a well-known one.

Jordin only worried that they might be typical egotistical rockstars. Nevertheless, she promised to treat them with respect either way. It was her job, and she was happy no matter what. She would get great pay, even better than her old job as a manager of a bookstore, and get to be in an environment surrounded by music.

She rushed to her closet, pulling out a pair of dark maroon jeans and a loose crop top. She wanted to be comfortable, so she did away with her heels and opted for a pair of fashionable boots. Her cousin explained to her that this job wasn't formal at all. In fact, some of the band members showed up in pajamas on some days.

She took her time with her hair and makeup. Making sure every frizz was smoothed down and placed neatly aside to avoid her looking disheveled. She always kept her makeup light, using only a thin amount of liquid eyeliner to accent her almond eyes.

Satisfied with her look, she was ready to go when her phone stopped her. She paused, looking down to see Cameron's name flash across the screen. She smiled, answering quickly, "I'm surprised you're up this early," She teased. He had mentioned to her before that he usually slept in until nine before heading into work.

"I woke up specifically to speak to you actually," She could hear his smirk through the phone and she could feel her cheeks heat up.

"Oh really?"

"I wanted to wish you a wonderful first day of work. You're going to be great, Baby," He cooed and she sighed contently.

"Cam, you honestly don't know how much this means to me. Thank you for remembering and most importantly, thank you for supporting me," She was grateful that he paid so much attention to her, even with the distance between them.

"I'll support you with anything, you know that. I just want you to be happy. And I want you to know that I'm here every step of the way," He assured.

"Thank you. But I really don't want to be late on my first day, so I have to go," She stated sadly and he chuckled.

"I should be getting ready as well. Call me when you have a chance. I love you," He smiled.

"I love you too," She sighed into his voice before he hung up. She felt the butterflies fill her stomach as she grabbed her keys, heading out the door with a new skip in her step. She was ecstatic to have someone like Cameron there for her. She was wished that he were around her.

-

Brian waited in his car, not wanting to head into the studio yet. He had yet to face the guys after what happened at Matt's, and he knew he was be swamped with questions and harsh looks, especially from Matt. Not to mention that Val had left an angry voicemail accusing him of being blatantly rude to her friend.

He sighed, watching the clock near ten. He debated turning back and calling sick, but he knew his friends would see past that lie. They'd be knocking down his door within an hour. So he took in a deep breath, opening his door before stepping out. He tossed his finished cigarette aside.

He took the time to actually get dressed in a pair of black jeans, his Doc Martens, and a shirt. He did his hair, instead of hiding it in a beanie. He only took the time to get ready simply to keep him away from the studio a little longer.

He opened the door, stepping out of the heat and into the cool building. He walked through the front lounge and into the back room to grab a guitar. He chose his signature black and white pinstriped guitar before taking a deep breath, stepping into the studio.

No one said anything as he kept his eyes at the ground, walking in. He heard Jack, their producer, in the background talking about something he didn't deem important. Something about changes in the studio. He sat down in a chair, away from Matt on the opposite side of the room, and placed his guitar in his lap, "Glad you could join us, Brian. I was just introducing our new employee. She's going to be learning the ropes from me, but will be assisting you all in anything you need," Jack smiled.

Brian heard a door open as he looked down at his phone, hoping to see a text from Jordin. He sighed, scrolling through his previous messages as Jack spoke again, "Here she is," He exclaimed, "Guys, I'd like you to meet Jordin," He introduced.

Brian's head snapped up, dropping his phone in the process, almost dropping his guitar, and his eyes went wide. If it weren't for his sunglasses over his eyes, everyone would have seen the shock on his face.

It's her.

His heart raced as he looked her up and down, his mouth dropping in the process as she smiled and waved to the five of them.

And in that moment Brian knew he was going to be in a lot of trouble.