Status: Active

Lose Yourself

The Feed.

"Admit it Dakota, you want it."

As horrible as it was, I couldn't fight Jev on that. My entire life had been altered and if I was going to survive, I needed to do this.

"No. It's disgusting."

Unfortunately, my humanity has still got the best of me.

"What did you expect to happen? You honestly thought this was going to be easy?" I swallowed, mainly keeping my eyes on the unconscious body sprawled across the floor.

"Technically," Kate jumped down from a nearby tree, "She was mistake. She wasn't supposed to be there."

Jev threw his hands up, hearing the same phrase for what seemed like the hundredth time. "You don't think I don't already know that?" He dragged me closer to the body, "However, I won't just let her starve and die."

"I'd rather be dead."

Kate glanced at me, then began her way towards the truck. "No, you wouldn't. Think of this like a gift—"

A burning rage escaped my throat, within the following two seconds, I had Kate pressed up against the tree. "A gift? You think this is a gift?" My hand around her throat tightened. "This isn't some present, this is a goddamn curse!"

Two seconds later, my arm was curved uncomfortably behind my back and I was brought to my knees. "Don't forget that I was the one who saved you. I had a choice, you would've died." I was free after her words. I didn't dare try to pull anything else, mentally punching myself as I examined my wrist.

"Loosen up, Dakota." Jev extended his hand and helped me to my feet. "Don't worry about her, she just gets bitchy."

I scoffed, "Bitchy is an understatement. She's just bitter."

"She needs some company, that's all." I looked up at him dubiously. "Think about it—what do you think happens to a person when they're forced to fight this on their own? She didn't have anyone to be there when she woke up to explain what was happening to her."

I pressed my lips together before I answered. "But I have her."

He nodded, "Exactly. You're weak. Before we can take you anywhere, you need to build up some strength."

"I need to feed."

He chuckled, "My dear, you need to hunt."