Status: You're a lovely individual <3

Metanoia

Fourteen

The heat wave finally decided to hit. Rory laid around in his boxers all day, eating popsicle after popsicle with the fan blowing on him.
He finished his last one and sighed dramatically.

"I need another, Daddy."

"So go get one," I grumbled.

"That was the last one."

I groaned. "Then I guess you're out of luck, huh? I don't have money for more until Saturday."

"But Daddy," Rory whined.

"How long you gonna keep that up?" I interrupted. Rory shrugged. He was about to say something when there was a knock at the door. I growled and considered at least putting pants on before going to the door. I skipped it.

I yanked open the door and there was a man wearing business casual and holding a clipboard. I almost felt bad for standing there with my junk damn near hanging out of my old breifs.

The man glanced down at me standing there and turned bright red. "Are you Jace Hattfield?"

I leaned in the doorway and nodded once at him. "Yeah, do I have to sign for something?"

He shook his head. "No, I'm with the Department of Child Services." Every hair on my body stood on end. The man continued. "We recieved a complaint that you might be engaging in sexual acts with a teenager. I have to come and look around and have a talk with the kid. Is he home?"

I nodded and stepped aside to let him in. "He's in the front room, just walk," I said. The man walked inside and stopped a little ways in, turning to shake my hand.

"I'm sorry for not introducing myself earlier. My name is Cecil James. I'm he one working this case. Hopefully I can close this today and this'll be the last time I come here."

We shook hands and I followed him into the front room. Rory was still laid out across the couch with his leg propped up on the back.

I cleared my throat. "Ro, this guy wants to talk to you about some stuff. I'm going to sit in my bedroom and maybe put pants on."

Rory raised an eyebrow at the man. "Okay that's cool. Have fun, Jace."

I don't think I'd ever been more relieved to hear my own name.
♠ ♠ ♠
Americans cannot hold their liquor and I think that is hilarious.