Status: You're a lovely individual <3

Metanoia

Seventeen

Rory was back home that night, soaking wet from the rain and smeared with mud in some places. He had a cop in tow, a big one who looked like he ate small children for snacks. "Are you Jace Hattfield?"

I nodded and opened the door a bit wider to usher Rory in. "I found him having a livid conversation with a fence post. Please keep better track of him."

I nodded again. "Will do, sir. Thank you for your time."

He nodded to me and turned to leave. I shut the door and turned to Rory, prepared to blow some steam at him, but he looked so small then, so scared and tired and sad that I lost all my rage. He sniffled and coughed, wiping at his eyes.

"I'm sorry, Jace. I'm sorry for running off. I promise I won't do it again."

I pulled him close and hugged him, cradling his tiny, wet frame like a baby bird or something.

"It's okay, Ro. It's alright."

He sobbed into my shirt, holding on to me tightly. "I keep seeing all these things and I remember not seeing them and I just want them to stop! They're such bad things, Jace, please I don't wanna see anymore..."

I let go of him. "Stop crying, Rory. Let's go to bed, come on." He nodded and held on to my arm.

"Will you sing to me? You always make me feel better when you sing to me."

I nodded and started to my bedroom, Rory following close behind. I almost missed this, the times when Rory wasn't completely lucid. That meant that he'd be clingy and small, perfectly obedient and needy.

I liked him that way.

We got to my bedroom and I undressed him, putting him in a dry pair of boxers before stripping down to my own boxers.

Once we were laying down, he buried his face in my chest again. "Jace, sing the Smiths for me. I wanna hear the Smiths." I started to sing to him, but he looked up at me and frowned. "Asleep, Jace. Sing Asleep. You always sing that one."

I started to sing Asleep for him and his breathing slowed down. I thought he was asleep in the few seconds of silence he allowed.

"Now sing... Young the Giant. Cough Syrup."

I sang for him until his breathing slowed down again and he was completely asleep. When I was sure I wouldn't wake him up by moving, I hugged him close and kissed his forehead softly.

I won't lie, just then I felt like he was perfect for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't know what's going on with Jace's emotions. He really likes Rory, but then he doesn't. He really just doesn't know.