Status: You're a lovely individual <3

Metanoia

Nineteen

Sitting with my back against Rory's door until four in the morning wasn't my idea of a nice time. But there I was anyway.

"Rory, please come out? I do love you. We didn't do anything."

He wasn't even saying anything anymore, but I knew he was still awake. There was rustling around on his side of the door and then he pulled the door open. I let myself fall onto my back and stared up at him. "I love you, Rory."

He glared down at me. "He likes you and you're gonna leave me for him. I already know it. It's because he's older than me, huh? You like him better than me because he's older."

I frowned a bit and bit my lip. "No, Rory. I really don't want him at all. I want you because you're wonderful to me. He's just my friend and his crush isn't gonna have any effect on our friendship. I promise you that."

He set his jaw. "Fuck you."

I sighed, sat up and twisted around, and pulled him down by his hand. "Rory, I don't want anyone but you. I promise you that, okay? I want you, not Vinny."

He sat next to me, pressing himself into me. "I don't... I really want you only to myself. I'm not gonna apologize. I'm still really mad at you. I'm just cold."

I smiled and nodded. "It's alright, Ro. I can handle that. But you know, it's bedtime. Do you want me to sit with you for a while? Or do you want me to sing to you."

He nodded. "I want you to sing to me. But your hippy-space music. Or can you sing Summertime Sadness for me?"

I chuckled. "Baby, I'll sing anything you want."

He closed his eyes and leaned against my chest, breathing slowly as I sang to him. Gradually, he fell to my lap and fell asleep. I played with his hair softly and took his glasses off for him.

I leaned against the door frame and right before I drifted off to sleep, my phone buzzed. It was a text from Vincent.

'Hey there Jae (:'

I smiled and texted him back. 'Hey there vinny :)'
♠ ♠ ♠
Word count: 369 (not including the authors note)

I was initially excited about the multiples of three because I'm a nerd. But the sexual innuendo is pretty okay too, I guess.