Sequel: Let Live
Status: Active! (By the way, I know the Band name is Of Mice & Men, but when I put the & symbol it flips out on me.)

Of Hurt and Hope

Blackbird

Austin's POV
The tour was starting to wind down with just a couple more weeks left before Kelsey had to head home and start preparing for college. I noticed how down she was just from when Alan's countdown on his calendar got to the one month mark. It had been a week since then, and her mood was just starting to plummet and it was also concerning me, especially when I tried to ask her and she told me nothing was wrong.
So on March 17th, also known as St. Patrick's Day, I took her to an Irish pub here in Seattle. It was one of our only "real" dates this whole time on your but I could tell she appreciated it. There was supposed to be a couple local bands playing some Irish music and a dance floor for some of the slow moving Irish songs. When we got there, her face lightened up and we sat at the bar. I remembered that she couldn't drink alcohol, but she settled for Shirley temples while I sipped at some draft beer.
The music started playing as we sat, facing each other, sometimes stealing a soft kiss here and there. I pulled her onto my lap sneakily and kissed her cheek, my arms wrapped around her from behind.
The Irish band consisted of a mandolin player and an accordion player with also an acoustic guitar. It was charming and relaxing, especially to Kelsey; she had told me before hand that this is what she would do with her parents back at home. It made me wonder if those were the only happy moments she ever shared with her parents.
She then turned around to look at me and said, "Do you like cherries by any chance?" I looked at her and blinked.
"Um, a bit," I saw the cocktail cherries in her hand and quickly said, "Why don't you eat them though?" She made a face at me that caused me to giggle, and I stuck my tongue out at her in response. "Hey, just try them," I insisted, feeding them into her open mouth and she swallowed obediently.
Soon, the band took a break and played some slow music to dance to, and without thinking twice I took her by the hand to go dance... But she didn't follow. I looked behind me, and Kelsey was kneeling on the ground holding her throat.
"Kelsey...?" She looked up at me with pleading eyes and my heart almost stopped. She couldn't breathe.
"SOMEONE CALL 911!" I screamed desperately a she passed out and I caught her in my arms.

-Time Lapse: 2 hours-
Kelsey's POV
I woke up to the sounds of beeping heart monitors all around me. I blinked my eyes to adjust to the white lighting and then heard someone clearing their throat next me, so I spun my head to see Austin looking at me, looking like a wreck.
"A-Austin?" My voice was raspy, and my mouth felt like a carpet, causing my voice to squeak. I squeezed his hand which I noticed was wrapped around mine tightly.
"Thank God you're okay..." He kissed my hand and looked at me as if I were a broken porcelain doll.
"What happened?" I coughed, feeling soreness in my throat. Austin handed me a cold drink of water which instantly soothed my throat's pain. "I couldn't breathe but I wasn't choking."
"You had a really bad allergic reaction, baby," he rubbed my hand in his two and kissed them more as a man in a white coat came in.
"Oh good, you're awake, Miss Jameson." He smiled kindly and began to talk, "Okay, so you, young lady went into anaphylactic shock from a food allergy that you may not have known you had. Your boyfriend here believes it may be the cherries you had with your Shirley Temple... Unless you know of any other allergies you may have?" I shook my head. "Alrighty then!" He said, too cheerful for a doctor at almost 1 in the morning. He the read me a list if thing I could and couldn't eat based off my allergy (to freaking cherries and even told Austin something's to keep me away from while I returned to my health. No stressful or loud things. Which meant no more shows. I was also to stay the night.
After Austin got off the phone with the guys to tell them what time to pick us up we were left alone. I patted the spot next to me in my bed and he held me close to him as I let him under the blankets with me. I had just noticed I was in a hospital gown which meant I was completely naked under such sheer fabric, but I didn't mind.
Austin got into bed with me and ran his hands up and down my body; he was obviously shaken from the night's events and I looked up at him, kissing him between words. "Sing me a song?" He smiled and kissed all over my face.

Blackbird singing in the dead of night... Take these broken wings and learn to fly..."
And he kept singing until I was asleep.
The next morning around 8am I woke up to no one by my side. Instead, he was standing up looking down at me in disappointment. I was confused. Until I followed his eyes and saw that the blankets had shifted and my bare thigh covered in cuts was exposed. Oh shit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if it was over-dramatic :3 was it what you were expecting?
Title comes from Blackbird by the Beatles!