‹ Prequel: The HB in Charge

Like Lint

Aftermath

"Oh wow, who is that hottie?" Yvette gasped from beside Cassie. The first girl was doing her best to look cute, fanning herself with her hands and fluttering her eyelashes. Cassie sneered at her in disgust, but turned to look at the 'hottie' anyway.

Completely black outfit and bland looking brown hair in serious need of a perm. That's supposed to be hot? Try way unbelievably lame! The other girl thought to herself sulkily.

"Oh my gosh dibs!" Yvette squealed and Henri, their 'friend' fixed her with an irritated look. Yvette immediately clammed up, unwilling to go head to head with the more popular and powerful girl.

"Seriously? Dibs? What are you five? Who says that?" Henri snapped and strutted away to greet the new kid.

Yvette turned to Cassie and rolled her eyes. "She is such a slut, right?"

"She's a slut? How about you're a slut. What the hell do you think you're doing?" Cassie hissed, leaning forward and grabbing the blonde girl's hand. Yvette let out a squeak and wrenched her hand away, turning left and right to see if anyone had noticed. Seeing that no one had, she turned back to Cassie.

"Not in public, C." She muttered, pursing her lips and leaning back for a minute to wave at Riley James, Henri's recent ex boyfriend.

Cassie released a breath of disbelief and lightly smacked her the blonde's shoulder. "That's Henri's old boyfriend! Her like 'just broke up with him five minutes ago' old boyfriend! If she sees you waving at him, she'll eat you alive!" She snapped.

Yvette snorted, flipping her hair to the side. "Uh yeah, news flash Cassie! Breaking up means both are single. Meaning he's single and very datable. And I'm single now, so-

"You're single? You are not single!" Yvette barked, and a couple of people turned to stare at them. She looped her arm around her friends' and pulled her to a secluded hallway, that almost no one used. Yvette huffed and tried to wrench herself away from the angry girl, but the latter was much stronger than her.

"You're hurting me!" She snapped and Cassie let her go, stepping back a bit. "What is your problem Cassie? You're the one who said that you were uncomfortable! You're the one who said I was clingy!" By the end of her speech, Yvette's cheeks were flushed and tears were threatening to fall. Cassie was at a loss for words.

Yes she had told the other girl that she was clingy. And she was! Like Grade A almost a stalker clingy! But when she saw her staring at the new kid, and waving at Riley, she had just been so pissed! And now...Seeing her best friend- No, her girlfriend almost in tears, was just unbearable.

"I'm sorry, Y." She murmured. "I never should have said any of that. I was just- I mean it's hard you know? Being in this school, being around Henri! You know how she is! If she ever found out she'd probably blackmail-

Yvette leaned forward and pecked her girlfriend on the lips. "I know, C. And sorry, I'll try to stop being so...Like lint."

Cassie smiled a bit and held her hand out to the other girl. "So, let's try again?"

"Yes."
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is a sequel to 'The HB in Charge'. And although, it would help to have read the prequel, you don't have to, and this can be read as a standalone.