‹ Prequel: (You Drive Me) Crazy
Sequel: Umbrella

Never Give Up on the Good Times

2 Become 1

Candle light and soul forever, A dream of you and me together, Say you believe it, say you believe it. Free your mind of doubt and danger, Be for real don't be a stranger, We can achieve it, we can achieve it.

Pittsburgh...one month later


Justin walked into his and Jordyn's apartment, dropping his gear bag by the front door. "Jordyn?" He called out.

"Bedroom!" Her voice shouted back. He made the short walk down the hall. Jordyn stood in the middle of a pile of clothes and an open suitcase at her feet.

"I guess Quinn called you already."

She tilted her head to one side. "What are you talking about? I'm flying down to Charlotte, remember? Should she have called?"

"You need to call her."

"Why?"

"Just call her, Jordyn."

"What the hell is going on, Justin?"

Justin sighed, running a hand through his blonde hair. "Zach got claimed off of waivers."

"Fuck me!" She grabbed her phone and dialed Quinn. "Justin just told me! Oh my God, are you okay?" Jordyn asked as soon as Quinn answered.

"Yeah, I'm okay."

"How's Zach?"

"Mixed emotions. Sad to leave this organization but excited for the future. I mean, you can't go wrong when you get to play alongside Sid, and Geno, and James."

Jordyn started to reply and stopped. "Wait. Did you say Geno?"

"And Sid and James," Quinn repeated. "I thought you said Justin told you?"

"He said Chuckie got claimed off waivers."'

"Chuckie's coming to Pittsburgh. I'm coming to Pittsburgh, bitch!"

Jordyn screamed. "You're coming to Pittsburgh!!!" She shouted. "You have to stay with us!"

Quinn giggled. "Was already planning on it. Zach is leaving in a couple of hours; he's driving and staying with Brandon. I need to settle some things here and then I'll drive up."

"I'll drive back with you."

"That would be awesome, Jordyn! Thank you."

"I'm so excited you're coming here!"

"Me too! I miss you and Justin."

"When are you coming?"

"I don't know yet. I have to find someone to take over the Raleigh shop."

"What about Piper?"

Quinn sighed. "She's in Charlotte."

"Since when?"

"Three weeks ago."

"What the hell for?"

"She broke up with Apple Dapple."

"She did what?! How did I not know this?"

"I'm sorry Jordyn. I've been trying to keep Zac's mind off of everything; he's been staying with me and Chuckie. Well, just me now I guess."

"What happened?"

"I really don't know. She changed and Zac wasn't what she wanted anymore so she moved back to Charlotte while the guys were gone Toronto for a couple days. I didn't know until Zac came back and called me."

"She just left? She didn't tell you, or Zac?"

"Yep."

"Have you talked to her?"

"No but she's been hanging out with the guys in Charlotte and Riley has been keeping tabs on her for me."

"I'm headed to Charlotte; I'll check this out for myself."

Charlotte

Piper threw her head back and laughed before wrapping her arms around Luke Pither's neck. She tugged the ends of his hair playfully.

"You're so hot," she cooed into his ear. "When are you going to let me take you home?"

"How about tonight?"

"Great idea," she giggled as his arms circled her waist, pulling her against him.

"Out of the way rookie," Riley said as he elbowed in between him and Piper. "I want to dance with the pretty lady."

Piper rolled her eyes. "You want to check up on me and report back to Quinn."

"Now why would I do something like that? She broke my heart when she picked Zach."

"You have Brayden now."

He smiled. "Yes I do. That sassy woman keeps me on my toes. I'm never quite sure what she's going to say or do next. Now come on Piper; we're friends. Dance with me."

Luke pulled Piper around to him and kissed her. "Dance with Riley. When you're done, we'll go," he said lowly to her. Piper grinned and turned to Riley.

"One dance," she told him. He grabbed her hand and pulled her deeper into the crowd.

"So, what happened with Dalpe?"

"We broke up."

"You broke up with him. I know there was nothing mutual about it."

"It's none of your business, Riley."

"Sure it is. Zac is my friend and he really loves you."

"I don't love him."

"Ouch. And Luke?"

Piper shrugged. "He's nice."

"Are you leaving with him?"

"Maybe," she responded coyly.

"You barely know him!"

"So? You barely knew Brayden and you slept with her the first night."

"That's different."

"How so?"

"It's not who you are Piper. This isn't who you are."

"Maybe it is now," Piper said, stopping and pulling out of Riley's hold. "Maybe I'm not the same timid little Piper anymore. Maybe I've changed. It doesn't matter what you or anyone else thinks. I'm gonna do what makes me happy. This is me now, take it or leave it." She turned and stalked from the dance floor.

Piper pushed her way through the crowded club and pulled her cell phone from her purse as she walked. She wanted to call Quinn and give her a piece of her mind but before she could dial, she ran into a hard body. Piper fell back, landing on her butt on the floor.

"Why don't you watch where you're going asshole!" Piper yelled as she struggled to her feet.

The hard boy turned and Sean Dolan looked down at Piper. "I'm sorry, Piper. Everyone just sort of stopped."

Piper smiled up at him sweetly. "It's okay, Sean. Sorry I snapped at you." He held his hand out to her and she placed her hand in his. He smiled at her and she looked into his blue eyes.

"Are you leaving?"

"Actually I was about to head out. I'm staying nearby so I was going to walk."

"You shouldn't walk alone; let me walk with you," he offered.

"I do believe the ways of the south are rubbing off on you," Piper teased. She grabbed his hand and closed her fingers around his. "Come on," she said, tugging him to the back of the club where she knew there was another exit.

They walked hand in hand to the apartment she used to share with Jordyn and Quinn. "You wanna come up?" Piper asked when they reached the building. "We could watch a movie," she suggested.
"Sure," he agreed. Piper let them in the building and led the way to the elevator. She pressed the button for her floor and the doors slid closed. Piper turned to Sean and kissed his cheek.
"Thanks for walking me home."

"Can I make a confession?" Sean asked. Piper nodded. "I've wanted to be alone with you since you came to town two weeks ago. You're very pretty." Piper blushed and Sean wrapped an arm around her, pulling her close to him. "I know you just broke up with Zac but I want you, Piper." His fingertips brushed across her cheek and he cupped her chin in his hand, guiding her lips to his. They kissed until the elevator doors dinged open and Piper pulled him down the hall to her apartment. She slid her key in the door and pushed it open.

Sean grabbed her and moved them to the couch, pushing the door closed behind them. They tumbled down in a tangle of limbs and Piper moved out from under him. She pushed him to his back and settled herself on top of his before kissing him.

"I've been watching you since I came back but didn't think you'd be interested," Piper confessed.

"I'm interested," Sean said huskily, grinding his erection into Piper.

"Good to know," she murmured, her hands drifting across his chest. Her fingers found the hem of his shirt and she tugged it up, letting her fingers glide across his taut, muscled stomach. He sat up and Piper pulled the shirt over his head and discarding it to the floor. She sat back and admired him.
Sean pulled her down to him, a hand tangling in her hair and tugging her mouth open to his tongue. His free hand worked the buttons to her top open, pushing it off her shoulders before making quick work of her bra and adding it to the growing pile of discarded clothing.

"Bedroom?" Piper asked. Sean pulled her up with him and Piper wrapped her legs around him.

"Which door?" He asked as he moved to the hallway.

"Only one on the right." He nodded and stepped through the door. He set Piper down gently on the bed and laid down beside her. He hugged her to him and kissed her forehead.

"Are you sure?" Sean asked quietly.

"You make my heart flutter when you look at me, Sean. I'm sure," Piper promised.