Status: so hi guys

But, Dad...

Unsuspecting Visitor

I sit with my dad in the teacher’s section of the stands. He gave me the offer of sitting with the students, but Scor’s the only student I want to sit with and he’s on the field.

“Potter,” someone hisses from behind us. I freeze. I’ve heard that voice only a few times.

“Malfoy,” Dad turns and glares, but the glare melts into a smile.

Dad turns around, putting an arm around my shoulders.

It’s a good day to watch the game. I make sure to watch the Seekers. I see the snitch for second and I point at it. The next thing I know Scorpius is smiling at his hand. He had caught the snitch.

He smiles at me and he says something, but I only read his lips he’s so far away. “Albus! I caught the snitch!”

“Woo!” I yell, fisting the air.

“Gryffindor wins!”

I run down to the field where the players are now landing. “You won!” I yell at my best friend, hugging him.

“Scorpius!”

“Dad!”

“Oh yeah.”

We turn and look at the pale, blonde man striding toward us, my dad following him. Mr. Malfoy has a smile on his face. Scor lets go of me and runs to his dad, hugging him tightly.

“You’re here! Did you see me, Dad? I won the game!”

“I saw!” Draco Malfoy is absolutely beaming.

Dad elbows me and whispers, “They’re identical.”

I snort and nod, looking at how similar father and son look, and then I kind of realize what people mean when they say the same thing about my own father and I.

James runs over, then, chattering away about the game, and soon enough he and Dad are going on about quidditch teams and foul plays. Leo walks over, shrinking slightly at the sight of both Malfoys, and makes sure he’s standing on the other side of my brother.

“So what’d he do?” I ask, raising an eyebrow at my friend.

The blonde scowls deeply. “Nothing. It doesn’t matter.”

I frown, but shrug it off. Obviously it’s a sore subject, and I don’t want him mad at me.

“Hey, Dad, remember the hippogriff?” Scor asks suddenly, grinning.

Draco shudders. “Of course.”

“Alby got to fly on it today!”

The older Malfoy turns and observes me, and I suddenly feel nervous under his scrutiny, as if I’m a contestant on a Muggle game show.

“Buckbeak must have a thing for Potters, then,” he says at last.

“But he doesn’t like James, only me,” I blurt, then quickly avert my gaze and blush.

Grinning, Draco replies, “Well, of course. He takes after the Weasley side, doesn’t he?”

I grin back, deciding that I’ve won.
♠ ♠ ♠
woooo