Status: so hi guys

But, Dad...

James

Albus makes his way over to me at the Gryffindor table, but is quickly intercepted by a fifth year, James. James looks like a Weasley, so I assume they're either cousins or brothers.

"Squiby!" James laughs, pulling Albus next to him. I slide over, watching intently.

"Don't call me that, Jamie," he frowns, trying to pull away as his relative continues with flaunting his 'family love' that, as I’ve found out from roommates, is just an excuse to beat up someone related to you.

"Oi! Leave 'im alone!" I call over, scowling.

James scowls right back (granted, not as great of a scowl as the Malfoy scowl) and says, "Albie, there's a snake trying to protect you!"

"I'm not a snake!" I snarl, fists curling.

"Of course you are! Half your relatives are in Azkaban, every one of them a Slytherin snake! Betcher favorite color's green, isn't it?"

I turn my angry gaze from James to his little brother. His bright eyes are wide and almost fearful. Slytherin isn't the reason green is my favorite color. It's not even my favorite shade of green.

Especially when compared to that Gryffindor-ish auburn that James's eyes seem to have taken on.

"Sod off, Weasel," I snap.

"Then leave me alone, ferret-spawn," he responds.

Albus squirms from the older boy's grasp and weaves his way over to sit across from me; seconds later, Rose has joined us. "Thanks," the squib mumbles, looking at me up through his black fringe. "He's not usually that bad. Just likes to make scenes."

Sure enough, moments later, we've converged with friends of James, chatting as laughing. At one particular joke, made by a boy I don't remember the name of, Albus laughs hard enough to snort. We all stop and look at him until a soft blush creeps across his face. "Um..."

"That was bloody adorable," I state, turning him a brighter red and getting everyone laughing again. Through my own laughter, I toss a wink across the table to him, and he smiles back.

The rest of dinner goes smoothly, and as we get up to head back to our dorms I realize that Al can’t come with us. We stand there awkwardly for a few moments, not really sure what to say or do.

“Sooo...” I drawl.

“Your favorite color really green?” he laughs.

I smile and look him in the eye. “Not Slytherin green. But... yeah. What’s yours?”

He smiles back and meets my gaze. “Silver.”

“Everyone to their dorms!” the student in charge yells in our direction.

I give Al a hug before running toward the dorms. If I didn’t hurry I was gonna have to deal with Filch because of being out after hours.
♠ ♠ ♠
chapters are still pretty short
whoops
oh well