Status: Writing

I Remember You

1

She sat on the edge of a cliff as the night took over the sky. The stars started popping out one by one, lighting up the sky. She laid back and stared up, gazing at the brightest one in the sky. And then, his face again. Flashing in her mind. She shook her head and stared back at the stars again, feeling irritated.
"I know you. Who are you?" she sighed, running her hands through her hair.
A familiar kind of stranger. Deja vu that she couldn't explain. A strange comforting feeling that quickly turned annoying.
"Hey Jake, I'm gonna go home!" she called into the bushes, where Jake was picking berries.
"I should probably get back too. Finn is probably starving." Jake laughed.

As she walked down the path in the woods alone, she felt the cold wind creep up her back, and eyes on her.
"Hello?" she called out loudly through the trees.
She heard a rustling sound in the bushes and brushed her hair out of her face.
"Look, I don't know if I'm going crazy, or if you're actually here. But please, I'm just trying to get home." she sighed.
Suddenly a dark blur swirled around her and she passed out.

She woke up in her bed, confused. She walked into the bathroom and stared in the mirror. Her long brown hair dangled in her face, and her brown eyes with a red tint shined behind her hair.
Lauren was a quiet girl. The last human female left in Oooo. Finn, one of her best friends, was the last living male. They don't quite remember what happened all those years ago. But they lived. Now, she lived alone, in a big dark house in the woods. And every night, for the past two weeks, she had woken up in her bed after passing out alone somewhere random, sleeping through the entire day and waking up at sundown. Today was no different.
"What happened last night? How did I get home?" she whispered to herself. She brushed her hair back into a pony tail and walked downstairs into her living room, pulling out her keyboard and sat on her floor, playing a new song she had just written about her strange experiences in the woods, which was abruptly ended when, 20 minutes into her practicing, she heard a bang on her roof.
"What is going on?" she said out loud, standing up and picking up her phone.

"Okay, Lauren. We're going to figure out what's going on." Finn smiled, standing next to Jake.
They all walked outside, staring at the roof.
"Oh!" Finn laughed.
"What's wrong?" Lauren gazed up at where he was looking.
"It's just a bat! Hey bat! Why you causing probs?!" Jake stretched up and yelled in the bats face.
Lauren squinted towards her roof, staring at the bat, which seemed to be staring right back.
"It's okay guys. I got this. Sorry for bothering you." she smiled, brushing her bangs behind her ear.
"It's no prob L!" Finn smiled, hugging her goodbye and getting on Jake's back.
As they faded into the night, Lauren climbed onto the roof and sat next to the bat, feeling content for some reason.
"This is that same strange feeling." she said out loud.
The bat just stared up at her.
"It's like deja vu. I can't explain it. Like my brain is trying to remember something. And this dream. I pass out in the woods, or wherever I am doing whatever I'm doing, I pass out and it's the same dream. And then I wake up in my own bed. At night. And why am I talking to a bat?" she explained out loud.
She sighed and laid back on her roof, gazing at the stars. She closed her eyes and blacked out again. But this time, she heard a voice right before everything went black.
"Come on Lauren. Soon, you'll understand."