Comic Relief

Opening Credits

Scout has a lot of friends. There's Lara, Ryan, Sean, Hannah... he could go on. He has a best friend; his name is Carson. He thinks he's Carson's best friend as well, but he can never be too sure anymore.

Carson is everything that Scout wishes he could be. He's confident, athletic -- all in all a cool motha' fucka, really. Scout isn't exactly a loser, he knows that much, it's just that it's so hard to accept when he's always the first one to text, but the last one responded to.

Sometimes he cries in his room because it's so unfair, but he's mostly over that. Mostly.

Now when Scout finds himself with spare time, he always ends up thinking about the same thing: his stupid freaking life. So far, he's figured out that he's the Comic Relief (when he's feeling generous, that is). Other times he's downgraded himself to being the Comic Sans of the group - the abomination of typography, black sheep of the friend group: it's all relative. Like he's an Engelbert in a room full of Brian's and Sarah's.

The almost-appreciated pun guy that's forgotten five lines later in the movie.

Sometimes when Scout's in a good mood, he'll imagine his Big Break. When he'll be sure that he's somebody's best friend, that he's the first person texted - that he won't be forgotten.

But other times? He lets himself be fucking depressed.
♠ ♠ ♠
This... this was supposed to be lighthearted and funny. And duck it to the lake, that is going to happen. Somewhat. Hi.