Status: Updated when can and also on Deviant Art

How to Cover a Book

Chapter 2

“Zachary?” I heard my editor shout from his office.

I sighed you’d think by now she’d get that I hate being called Zachary. I sometimes wonder why I bother working here any longer. Everyone does my heading I just wanna strangle some of my co-workers. They take the mick outta me just because I’m bi. So what it’s the 21st century get over it.

“ZACHARY” Julie shouted again. Her voice is so irritating, it sounds like she swallowed a squeaky toy.

“Coming” I slowly walked towards her office not really wanting to be there.

I knocked on the opened door. Why? You ask. She has a fit if someone just walks in.

“Ah Zachary-“

“Zacky”

“Whatever. I have a job for you. I need you to go down to The Public Enemy to interview Synyster Gates of Toxic Sinners. There’s a rumour going around that he’s going solo and I want you to find all that you can before anyone else. And you have one hour to get there Got it?” She glared at me like I was a complete idiot. Stupid bitch.

“Yes Julie” I nodded my head as I got up to leave.

“Oh and Zachary?” She called as I got to the door.

I clenched my teeth and turned around and smiled as politely as I could without it looking too fake “Yes?”

“Don’t go falling in love with him. He’s straight.”

I smiled “I don’t plan on it” I said walked out of the office and shutting the door behind me. See stupid bitch.

The truth is I sort of like Syn. I mean who wouldn’t? He’s fucking hot. You can get so lost in his deep dark chocolate brown eyes it’s unbelievable. He’s got muscles but not too many which is just how I like it. And don’t even get me started on his tan. It’s so perfect compared to my pale as fuck skin.
“Zacky?” I heard the one co-worker I get on with, Millie whisper in my ear.

“Huh?” I looked at her and blushed knowing she knew I was thinking about Synyster Gates.

“Thinking of Syn again?” She smirked at me.

“Yep. I have to go interview him in an hour. What if I fuck up Mills what am I going to do?”

“Zee you’ll be fine” She smiled at me.

With that I hugged her and went back to my desk and got what I needed for the interview with Mr Hottie. Shit. I mean Synyster Gates. I just hope I don’t fuck this up.

I drove the forty five minuet drive to the bar. On the outside it looks like a normal bar but once you get inside well it’s a completely different story. The décor was mostly black, red, purple and sliver which all worked really well together. The music was loud too. I guess I just missed watching the band perform. Which I was a little disappointed with but I’ll get over it.

I walked up to the bar and ordered a Jack Daniels and coke when a tall lanky guy with crazy black hair walked up to me.

“Hey you’re Zachary Baker right?” He asked holding his hand out.

“That would be me” I shook his hand.

“Well I’m Jimmy one of the owners of this place. You’re here for that interview with Syn right?”

“Hey Jimmy. Yeah I am. Do you know if he’s ready yet?”

“No I’ll go check so if you wanna have a few drinks first on the house you can and I’ll ask someone to come get you once he’s ready” He smiled and turned around and skipped off before I even had the change to say anything.

I drank the JD and coke and decided that I didn’t want another drink so I sat at the bar waiting for someone to come get me. Ok that sounded a little like something a whore would say. Oh well.

About ten minutes later a shore guy with a Mohawk came and smiled at me.

“Zachary right?”

“Yeah but please call me Zacky” I smiled politely at him.

“Hey I’m Johnny I’m guessing you’ve met Jimmy?”

I nodded my head and got up. I had to bite my lip when I realized how short he was compared to Jimmy.

“I’m the other owner of this place and his boyfriend”

We make small talk as we walked to the room I guess was used for the occasional interview.

Johnny said bye once we got there and left the room to do whatever he was doing before.

I was looking in my bag for my glasses when I heard someone come in the room. I looked up slightly into the chocolate eyes of Synyster fucking Gates. He was a bit taller than I thought at first but he defiantly was as hot as I expected him to be.

I looked at him curiously and tilted my head to the side slightly.

“Hey, man. You got five minutes.” He said in a sexy as fuck whisper. I sat down on the couch and got the tape recorder out along with my glasses, notebook and pen. I slipped the glasses on quickly remembering that I really need to get some more contacts. I turned the recorder on, starting the interview that could cost me my job if I fuck up.

“So Synyster why all of a-“ I looked up at him when in interrupted me.

“Four minutes” Ok that’s just so fucking rude. Asshole. And second that’s just fucking annoying.

“So Synyster why all of a sudden do you want to go solo?” I looked at him for a second or to then down at my notebook waiting for his answer.

He was taking his time which I guess he did on purpose so he would waste more time. I was about to give up on him and tell him it doesn’t matter and that I’ll find someone who could give me the time I needed and wouldn’t interrupt me.

I was about to get up when he started talking. I wrote down what he was saying.

“I guess I just don’t wanna live this life anymore. I mean I love the music and the fame but all it seems like now is sex, drugs and Rock ‘n’ Roll I don’t want a different girl every night. I wanna find the person perfect for me and settle down with her. I hate waking up to find that it was a one night thing and I’d most likely never see her again. I wanna be able to live how I want. I wanna writing more songs that aren’t about sex etc. I want the songs to mean something to me and who they are wrote for. I guess I’m pissing the others of but that’s me. I stopped wring music because all they wanted was for the songs to have shit loads of swearing and things that didn’t mean anything to anyone else.” I wrote everything he had just said and was shocked. I never knew he wanted to settle down. I thought he just wanted to make some more money for himself but I guess you can’t judge a book by its cover.
♠ ♠ ♠
So Zack likes Syn and got him to open up :)