Status: I salvaged this story from a user on Youtube a few years ago. She deleted it and I saved all of the chapters ahead of time. Thus, this is not my original work, I am just sharing this other person's work.

Jonas High School

Chapter 18

"What have I done..." I sighed heavily as I pushed Nick away with my hands.

"C'mon, Aurora. Lighten up a little. You're killing the mood." Nick said as he went back to nibbling on my neck.

"You didn't just end one of the two friendships you ever had! So excuse me if I'm a little miserable right now!" I got off his lap and sat on the opposite side of the couch.

"Are you mad at me?" He pouted and tried to charm me by giving me the puppy-dog eyes.

"You think you're so damn cute, don't you?" I snapped. I was not in the mood for his obnoxious flirting.

He smirked, "Yeah, I do think so. But hey, it wasn't like I chose my looks. Blame my mother."

I rolled my eyes and put my feet on the couch so I could rest my head against my legs. It was one of those times where quiet is the only thing you need right now. No disturbances, no noise, and especially no self-centered boys trying to make-out with you.

I felt a pair of strong arms wrap around my waist and a head placed on my shoulder.

"Will you please just leave me alone?" I asked as nicely as I could.

"I don't like seeing you like this." Nick whispered.

"Well last time I checked, my life was spiraling downward. I lost my friends, my grades are slipping, my sister won't even look at me since she's been back and on top of all that, I'm sleeping with you. And we're not even dating!"

Wow. It actually felt good to get that all out.

Nick pulled away from me and stood up, hovering over me, "Are you saying that this was a mistake? That I was a mistake? Oh, God forbid perfect Aurora does something to make her life a little more enjoyable!"

"I'm not perfect! God, stop saying that! I'm tired of everyone always putting so much pressure on me to do something. It's like if I don't meet their expectations, I'm disappointing them and I hate it! I'm just a high school girl! I can't deal with all of this!"

Intense tears of sadness and subtle agony escaped my eyes and drenched my cheeks. I couldn't stop the flow either. In a way, I wanted them to come out. I wanted to release all the emotions I've been holding in for the last few weeks since this whole 'secret' Nick relationship had begun.

The whole time I was crying, I stared down at my feet with my head in my hands, not bothering to look up. After I started to calm down a bit and the tears started to dry up, I looked up to see Nick sitting there. Staring blankly at me like he was not expecting that to happen. I admit, I didn't think it would happen either.

I glanced at the clock. 8:30 it read. "I should go or my parents are probably going to worry and call the police or something. I'll see you tomorrow."

I swung my black messenger back over my shoulder and walked to the door.

"Wait. Aurora..." Nick said as my hand grasped the doorknob.

"Can I come visit you tonight?" He asked quietly. It was almost as if he was... shy?

"I don't know," I responded truthfully, "my sister will freak and my parents will have a heart-attack if they find you in my room."

"I'll be quiet. They won't hear a thing. I just think we need to talk more."

"And how do you plan on getting inside, Mr. Jonas?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Well, hopefully you leave your window open at night and people do say I have excellent climbing skills." He grinned and flexed his muscles.

"Guess we'll have to put that to the test then, huh?" I urged. "Bye Nick. I guess I'll see you tonight."

"Baby, you will definitely see me tonight." He winked. I smiled and winked back, then closed the door behind me.