Status: I salvaged this story from a user on Youtube a few years ago. She deleted it and I saved all of the chapters ahead of time. Thus, this is not my original work, I am just sharing this other person's work.

Jonas High School

Chapter 8

"So, do you understand?" I asked Nick, after giving him the explanation to the essay we had to write. 'One person we would give up our life for.' I know, creepy topic.

"Uh... yeah."

'Uh... yeah.' ??? That's what I get?

I nodded, "Okay, well, start writing and I'll look it over."

Should I tell him? I CAN'T! It's not right!

I looked down at his paper and frowned. The one person he would give up his life for was Riley. No surprise.

"Um, Nick, does every essay have to do something with Riley?" I asked.

"She's my girlfriend and if I don't write about her she'll get mad."

"I have a feeling she won't care..."

"Well, then you obviously don't know Riley." He said, ignoring me.

"I know more than you think."

He looked at me, "Like what? You don't know anything about us! You're so stereo-typical that you think us jocks are all the same. You don't know anything..."

"I know your girlfriend is cheating on you." Sh!t. I did not mean to say that.

"WHAT?!"

I gathered up my books and jumped out of my seat, "I should go."

"Oh no you don't." he caught my arm and gently pushed me into the wall, with his hands gripped on my shoulders.

"You're going to tell me what you heard, saw, or whatever to make you believe that Riley is seeing some-one else."

I shifted uncomfortably under his grip and sent my mind to go back when the incident happened.

[Flash back]

"So you're seriously hooking up with Michael tonight?!" I heard Hazel ask someone as they entered the girls' bathroom.

"Most likely. If not Michael, then it's going to be Chris." I heard Riley answer.

"But Chris is going out with Rachel."

"Then Mark! God, who cares who it's going to be! I'm going to get so wasted tonight that it's not even going to matter." Riley exclaimed and laughed.

I couldn't listen to this anymore. I walked out of the stall and made my way to the sinks.

"Where the hell did you come from, Addison?!" Hazel asked me, giving me a death glare.

"It's a bathroom, Hazel. I believe I have the right to use it." I answered.

"Relax Haz, who is she going to tell?" Riley said.

"I don't know if you forgot, Riley, but I am tutoring your boyfriend. Every day."

Riley stopped applying her lip gloss and stepped closer, "You wouldn't dare say a word to Nick."

"Why not? He'll find out sooner or later."

"No, he won't. Look, I'm going to break up with him tomorrow as soon as I get the diamond ring anyways."

"D-D-DIAMOND RING?!" I stuttered.

"Duh! It's going to be our 4th year anniversary! That's the only reason I stayed with him! He wasn't good for sex so the best thing I had to look forward to would be that ring!"

"How could you do that to him?!"

She rolled her eyes, "Don't act like you're so innocent, Addison. I've known you for 15 years and grown to see that you're not as nice as you think you are."

"Well atleast I'm not dating a guy for a damn ring!" I defended.

"I don't think you dated anyone!" Hazel snapped.

Riley shot her hand up, motioning Hazel to shut up.

"Whatever I do is none of your business. You're just his tutor. Nothing, and I mean nothing will ever hap-pen between you two. Later, Addison."

[End of Flashback]

"And that's what happened..." I had finally finished and looked up at Nick, whose expression was scorned.

"I can't believe she would do that to me..." he whispered and sat down by the table.

I followed and sat across from him, "It's not your fault. Riley is just like that, she always was."

"You've known her for that long?"

I nodded and sighed, "Unfortunately, yes. Nick, I know we don't get along, but, I think you could do much better than Riley."

Nick didn't have a response to that, instead, he looked at me and grabbed my hand, dragging me out of the house and towards his car.

"WHERE ARE YOU TAKING ME?!" I shouted at him.

"To Riley's house." He replied, not taking his eyes off the road.

"Why?"

"Because I'm breaking up with her."

I nodded and sat there quietly.

Breaking up with her would be a good thing. Bringing me to her house... that's something else.