Status: Please note that Enlgish is not my native language and that there are grammatical mistakes. Also I will be extremely happy if you'll leave feedback! Love, Chloe xx

Grey Sky (I'm aware of crappy title)

Nightmare

I couldn't see one meter infront of me. Fog has set down, making my surrondings barely visible. It was dark and getting colder every minute. I was walking as quickly as I could, but I was so exhausted. The street seem to extend itself for 10 miles. I passed Green Dragon, my favorite Chinese restaurant and I immediately felt more calm, as I knew I wasn't far away from home. I hate walking by myself at night. It always give me goose bumps and very unsetteling feeling in my stomach. I was eager to get home, to toss my exhausted body into my very comfortable and cozy bed. My day was long and rest was all I needed. By the time I reached my house I was freezingly cold. I unlocked the door and let myself in. Feeling of warmth escalated through my body. It felt so goo to be home again. Voices were coming from living room and I knew my parents were still up.
A simple "hey" was all I could manage to say.
"Hi honey. You look tired. Would you like a cup of tea?" My mom made me smile, it was so typical of her to offer me tea when I wasn't in my best mood. She caught my faint smile and walked straight to the kitchen to make me freshly brewed tea.
"So, Sky, ..." my dad started. "Tell me how was your day? You sure look like you've run a marathon and a half."
"Yeah, I know Dad, you could calmly said that I look like shit. I wouldn't be offended. I feel like that to. Anyway, my day wasn't anything special, just school with bunch of morons and work afterwards."
"If I'd look like that everytime I come from work I'd be dead by now. How will you get through life, princess?"
"Ugh, stop nagging me. I'm exhausted and the only thing I want right now is a cup of tea."
"Speaking of tea ..." my mom's sweet voice interrupted. "Here it is, your favorite."
"Thanks Mom."
I sipped my tea slowly, while my parents were chatting about boring adult stuff. In that moment I felt safe and sound, nothing in the world could ever ruin my loving family. My eyes were getting heavy and I put down my unfinished cup of tea.
"I'm going to bed now." I kissed both of my parents on th cheeks and added "See you in the morning."
"Goodnight sweetheart, we love you." They said in unison.
I murmmed a quiet "I love you too" but I wasn't sure they heard. I went upstairs to my room. While I was changing, reflection in the mirror, my reflection, caught my eye. I looked even paler than normally. My dad was right. I looked like I run a marathon and a half. My usually energic jade green eyes looked dull and my blonde hair was everywhere it shouldn't be. I looked like I horrible mess, but I didn't bother about it. I dragged myself into the most comfortable, cozy and warm bed on this entire planet. I shut down my mind. I didn't care about anything in that exact moment. In less than a minute I was asleep.

I suddenly woke up in the middle of the night. I was wide awake in an instant. According to my alarm clock it was 3.24am. My bed was cold and hard as rock. The world most comfortable bed, somehow didn't fit it anymore. I felt odd. My stomach felt full with tiny little ants, that made me feel very nuseaous. It was very disturbing. Something was wrong and I didn't know what. I tried to focus my thoughts on something else. I tried not to think about anything, but then I heard it. A loud, piercing scream. The voice was so familiar that I thought I'm going to vomit all over my room. It was the voice that read me to sleep every night when I was a child, a voice that always calmed me down, the voice that told me it loves me every day of my life. It was my mom's sweet, gentle voice, her scream full of agony and terror. My stomach did another twist.
"Leave Sky out of this, you filthy bastard!" My dad's voice. I've never in my life heard him say anything mean or hurtful to anyone. It shocked me. What shocked me even more was the sentence that followed. I didn't recognize the voice, but his words were clear. "You know I want the girl and only the girl."
Baaam. The gun went off and everything got quiet. Heavy steps started its march down our hallway. They were getting closer and closer to my room. I was absolutely frightend. Steps stopped, what seemed like, infront of my doors. I hold my breath and waited in suspense, but they didn't enter. They stood there for a while and the left. House turned silent and cold. I wanted to move, but my body didn't cooperate with my brain. I wanted to cry, but tears weren't going down my cheeks. I screamed, but no scream was heard. I lied on my bed, motionlessly, staring into ceiling for hours.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, this chapter wasn't edited in any way and I must admit I'm terrible at naming chapters, stories, etc... They usually end up untitled.