Status: Thank you for reading, I greatly appreciate feedback so I can continue to improve my writing.

Shadowed

Chapter Seven: Daygon

I'm standing between Dari and Daiye before I've realized I've moved. The lie has already formed, and even though I know nothing about the light haired stranger I feel a desperate need to remove him from Dari's sight. Somehow I know something terrible has the potential to happen here.

"Aaron! You've come!" I say, grabbing Daiye's hand. "Did she have her baby already! Sorry Mr. Keisley, old friend of the family, long story. Have to go, don't worry I've got my homework." Daiye looks down at me and removes his hand from mine to place his palm on my hair. He nods once at Mr. Keisley who looks at me helplessly before waving his hand in the direction of the door.

Quickly I lead Daiye into the locker room. As I round the corner a girl draped in her towel rounds toward me. Before I can stop myself I turn and push Daiye into the nearest shower stall. He falls into me despite himself and I snap the curtain shut, with the thin layer of fabric drowning out the light from the locker room. The girl passes by without notice. The locker room is packed with the soccer team and I cover my ears to stop the noise. I sigh and try to calm my racing heart. What have I just done?

"You're much stronger then I expected." I jump, half forgetting Daiye is with me. He's slouched against the wall, head placed in his hand. Though he still looks winded I'm glad to see his face has regained some of its vigor, though I'm not sure why I'm glad. I redden slightly and turn to the shower head trying to compose myself, when I look back Daiye's eyes await me; drinking me.

"Why are you here?" I ask above the noise. It’s not like anyone will hear us, now seems like a perfect time to find out more on this guy.

"Have you kissed him yet?" He says bluntly. At first I don’t react, the question so out of the blue.

“…Kissed him?“ I repeat. Daiye lifts his chin from his palm and leans forward. I'm surrounded by his scent, that warm all enveloping feeling and I press back against the wall. He's curled up and over me, one arm propping him up. I can’t react fully. My first instinct is to run, but my knees feel weak and my arms won’t move. It’s as if I’m pinned by the very presence of him.

"Who are you?" I say quietly. He turns his head to the side and leans back against the opposing wall. The weight recedes and I inhale, realizing I should. I want to be weary of him, but can’t help but feel a pull that I can’t place. I curl my knees up to my chest when there is no answer. My heart pounds furiously. "And why are you here?" I mutter from under my arms.

"You want me to be here." He says.

"God, why can't you just answer one question without opening up ten more!" I exclaim, he turns to consider me for a moment. I push the palms of my hands into my eyes, holding back tears of frustration. The real question was; what was I doing here? Huddled in a girls bathroom stall, legs linked awkwardly with some stranger's, after I ditched class and left Dari fuming. I shake my head slowly muttering to myself.

"I could hear you thinking about me.” He says. I stop my muttering but he only shrugs and adds, "So I‘m here."

"You sound so crazy." I say. He pushes his hair back and for the first time I see sweat on his brow. I narrow my eyes. "You're tired during the day." I say slowly, thinking over this fact for the first time. He shrugs.

"Lots of people are tired during the day." He says.

"And you have silver hair." I retort. He shifts.

"White, genetic abnormality." He answers.

"I bet," I begin, "You like my neck best. You practically walked out of my book. Which, by the way, is under a pen name so how did you find me?" Daiye raises and eyebrow.

"You ask a lot of questions." He says.

"Well start giving me some answers that make sense." I reply. I cross my arms. "I mean I did just save your life back there." I'm not sure if I mean that jokingly. His eyes shift to gold for a moment.

"And which question do you want me to answer first." He asks. He slides to the wall next to me, our shoulders touching. Again I am swamped with the weight of him, and the mixed want for physical contact. I catch myself leaning towards him.

"How about," Daiye continues, "The one about your neck." He pushes my hair from my shoulder but moves no closer. Not that he could get much closer. "And how it slopes down..." The pressure on my chest surges and I'm unable to do more than watch him. He runs his thumb along my jaw and down the side of my throat. It feels like my skin is on fire, burning a scar in it's wake. He trails off at my collar bone and smiles under his lashes. I bet all the girls fall in love with him.

"So far only you." He says. I feel my eyes widen. Did he just... Did he just answer my thought?

Daiye puts his hand behind my head, digging his fingers through my hair. My body disintegrates. A dam of emotions rushes over me and tears stream down my face. Images I can't quite determine flash before my eyes and I'm assaulted with colors.

"I..." I start. "I know you somehow..." I shake my head, beginning to pull away from him and putting a hand to my forehead. In one fluid motion Daiye wraps me in his arms, pressing me just at the corner of the ever-so-thin curtain. He’s against me, his mouth warm and wonderful. I don't respond, don't react for a moment. Then my mind becomes foggy, beautiful, and warm. I find myself wrapped up in him, in that weight. I feel soothed, overwhelmed by a wash of relief. My better senses fail me, I… Like this.

The locker room door flies from it's hinges... literally. Ripping from the wall to fly crashing down the isle way before the locker rooms. It sweeps the curtain clean from our shower stall, and whips my hair around my face. I struggle to push it back, still pinned by Daiye. He's now magically half propped over me, shielding my view.

"Daygon." The voice is deep, darker then usual but I could never mistake it. I curl into a ball under Daiye, willing myself to disappear. Dari stalks forward out of the billow of smoke pluming from the hall way. I hear students in the background as they scramble out of the building. Dari stares down at Daiye, eyes wild brimming a peculiar dark brown. "Kaylin is mine."
♠ ♠ ♠
If you like what I've done so far please feel free to comment, it's very encouraging. Also I urge you not to read my original 'Violet Eyes' as I promise I will re-post it in full on here as I edit it. But for those of you who can't wait for an update I'll leave the unedited copy posted until this version is caught up. I warn you that I can't guarantee the story line will stay true to the original nor will it be completely different.