Status: This is probably going to be very disturbing. This is a warning.

Lambs and Wolves

God's Gift

Sarah Crenshaw was a person who put all others before herself. Maybe that was where she slipped up. Because maybe, just maybe, if she didn't feel so bad for the boy who put terror in her gut, she wouldn't have ended up in his.

She was only trying to help, really. It was as if God had given her a perfectly stable life so she could have time to help others. Lucy didn't need much her-time and for a while, helping-time became Bobby-time.

It wasn't like they were dating. Bobby wasn't even in love with her, to be honest. He just trusted her. She was the only person who ever asked how he was, what his scores were like in his games. She cared. He swore she did. In some twisted way, he probably thought she was in love with him simply due to how kindly she treated the poor boy.

And Bobby had a little determination. Just enough to force himself to believe that yeah, beautiful Sarah Crenshaw loved him. The acne-prone, lanky boy had a chance. An imaginary one, sure, but one real enough to him for him to go through with his prom plan.

His parents had met Sarah over the three or four times she had stopped by for dinner, and the word 'ecstatic' doesn't honestly portray just how overwhelmed with happiness they were when Bobby told them he was going to ask her to prom. He was seventeen too, so they decided why not leave him alone to tend to asking her out? Their son most definitely had never experienced space alone with a girl before. It was an important part of growing up, they thought.

The plan was simple: Call up Sarah because she had told him to get ahold of her when he had time to give her jacket back. She had left it at his house last time she checked up on him. Have her drive over in her parents fancy car, and be waiting outside with a hand picked daisy and her swede jacket. And his heart was set on the only possible outcome. He didn't think things could go bad, thought just happiness waited.

He was right in a sense though. Because things did go bad, horribly wrong, but only for Sarah.