Status: Coming in March

Curiosity

Chapter 3

True to his word the next morning Harry waltzed into the hospital a bouquet of flowers nursed carefully in his hands shooting a heart-melting smile at the nurses as he walked passed causing them to swoon in their chairs.

Anya watched as he proceeded to the door leading into her room, reaching out one of his large hands she noticed his hesitance her brow quirked as she waited to see what his next move would be. When he gripped the handle the dark haired spirit couldn’t help the smile that twitched at her lips. Her eyes were glued to the male as he walked into the room her Uncle had only left a few minutes ago.

“Hi,” she giggled at the way he winced as he said the word, “Wow, that sounded worse out loud.” He muttered looking down at his shoes, he didn’t have to endure the awkwardness of his situation because Jasper walked back into the room clutching a mug of coffee trying to wake himself up.

“Oh, hello Harry,” he greeted surprised at the curly haired male standing in his nieces’ hospital room. “When did you get here?” Jasper asked as he took a sip from his mug.

“Only a few seconds ago actually,” Harry spoke spinning on his shoes so he was looking at Jasper. Jasper chuckled even though it was a forced sound, he had spent all night sitting up with his niece in case there was any dramatic change, his eyes were heavy and the corners were blood shot but the coffee would help him through the rest of the day. “How is she going?”

“She’s good, steady which is the main thing.” Jaspers eyes trailed over to his niece. Anya took in his appearance, crumbled clothing from sleeping hunched over her bed through the night even if it only was for two or three hours, his greying hair was tasselled and messy, his eyes had the beginnings of dark shading underneath. He needed to go home and get some sleep but knowing him he would be too stubborn to even consider it.

“That’s good,” Harry looked over at Anya briefly before back at her Uncle, “Did you get any sleep?”

“Two maybe three hours if I was lucky.” A look of shock spread across Harry’s voice, his eye brows rose and his eyes widened, looking at him Jasper chuckled against the rim of his foam mug, “I’ve had less and lasted at least three days,” he pointed out slapping his hand down on the males shoulder gently as he stepped over and took a seat next to Anyas’ bed taking her hand pressing a kiss to it as he looked at her intently. The curly haired male looked down at the bunch of flowers in his hands.

“I bought her some flowers…”

“Oh, right,” chair legs scrapped on the floor before he walked over to a cupboard pulling a tall glass out of it and filling it with water. “She’ll love them, she loves gerberas,” Jasper smiled “Do you mind?” he asked indicating to the flowers in the males hands.

“Oh, no go ahead,” handing the bunch over he watched as the older man placed them in the cup and set them on the table near her bed. “Anya loves anything with bright colours in it,” Jasper pointed out looking back at Harry. Harry nodded his head smiling gently. Anya walked away from the door and over to the teenager in her room she stood next to him and studied him, there was something about him, where had she seen him?

She knew him from somewhere but couldn’t put her finger on where. She blew out a breath in annoyance. Surprised when the male next to her shivered.

Her brows creased together and gently she blew against him again he shivered once again turning his head slightly. Her eyes widened and a gasp left her lips, he could feel her, no, maybe it was just coincidence.

Biting her bottom lip she reached out one of her hands and grabbed the material of his jacket tugging on it. His hand instantly jerked away and he rubbed the palm of his hand over the material.

“Oh my god,” she whispered. He could feel her and she wasn’t imagining it. She went to touch him again but stopped when she heard the door to her room open, turning her head she watched as the doctor walked in dressed in his coat.

“Mister Greyson, can I have a word with you outside?” nodding his head Jasper got to his feet and walked out of the room leaving Anya standing there with Harry. Taking a deep breath Anya reached out her hand again, this time grabbing Harry’s writst feeling his warmth.

“FUCK!” the word loudly left his lips as he ripped his hand away from hers looking down, “what the hell was that?” he whispered to himself his eyes were wide and he was breathing heavier. He grabbed his wrist feeling his chilled skin, his eyes skimmed over to the body lying in the sea of white.

“Harry,” she spoke, the name felt weird coming off her tongue considering she hardly knew the guy. “Harry,” she repeated but there was no reply instead he was looking at her lying on the mattress still and unmoving. How could he feel her but not hear her or see her? Slowly she approached the teenager again this time she grabbed his hand and pulled him over to the bed where her body lay hoping he would be smart enough to get her clue. Even though she was pulling he was a lot stronger and was able to stand his ground instead he figured out what was going on.

“Anya?” screaming delighted she let go of him, he was smarter then she thought, “Anya?” he asked again his brows had knotted together and he was staring intently at the spirits body. Anya wanted to do something to tell him that it was her, but what could she do, he couldn’t see her so that just made it harder. While she thought about what to do he spoke. “If you’re there… touchmywrist.” The last part of the sentence tumbled from his lips so fast she nearly missed them.

Nearly being the key word.

Quickly she grabbed his wrist her chilled hands wrapping around his heated skin, “Oh my god!” he breathed his eyes downcast looking at his wrist she was holding. “How can I feel you?”

“How the hell do I know?” she spat slightly annoyed but then realized that he couldn’t hear her so she stopped talking her lips clamping together and she let go of his wrist missing the warmth instantly.

“This is crazy,” the brunette spoke to himself, “Am I going insane?”

“Yes, of course you are,” once again her words went unheard and the teenager folded her arms over her chest as she watched the male. His hand had taken her place around his wrist his eyes were wide and scanning around the room, he was looking for her but it was hopeless due to the fact he couldn’t see her

“Harry,” Jaspers voice caught the male off guard and he jumped turning his eyes to look at the older man walk through the door. “Woah, are you alright mate?”

“Yes, uhm… yes,” the male stammered swallowing hard.

“You sure you look like you’ve seen a ghost,” Jasper had a joking smile spread across his lips, Harry forced out a laugh trying to hide the fact that he may have very well felt a ghost, or spirit. Jasper was about to speak when Harry cut him off.

“Well, I had better get going… have a band session today, don’t want to be late,” with that he hurried out of the hospital room leaving a very confused Jasper standing near the entrance. He watched as the teenager hurried down the hall toward the exit before he shook his head turning back and striding over his nieces’ side.

“Well, wonder what happened to make him leave in a hurry,” he spoke to Anyas sleeping body. Anya shook her head still trying to get over the fact he could feel her. She wanted to try her uncle again just to see if anything had changed.

“Please,” she begged desperately walking over to him and reaching out one of her hands. Taking a breath she placed her hand on his shoulder but it merged straight through again. “I’m not giving up!” she stated firmly before turning and walking away merging through the hospital walls.
♠ ♠ ♠
OOOO there has been contact between the two
What do you think will happen next?
Do you think Anya will some how make contact with her uncle??
hmmm??
Please stay tuned

Thanks for all my readers, subscribers and recommenders means a lot. Thanks to those who left comments. Please keep up the awesome work Cheers

Image