Status: im just testing something out... please give it a shot O_O <how can you say no to that face?

5 Months

Two

Iris woke up the next morning with two long red marks, almost like cuts, across her hands. She puzzled over the tender skin before remembering the tapping. There had been someone outside her window.

Someone who'd vanished before she saw them, leaving no trace that they'd ever been there. But who? And why for that matter? Jess would find it hilarious; makings her think she'd lost her mind. But Jess was asleep, Iris reminded herself. Ann and I had to carry her inside to bed much to her mother's annoyance; she recalled tracing the groves in her palms.

Ann is too much of an Angel child to do something like that, she thought, the opposite of Jess. Ann was perfectly happy sitting at home reading a book while that sort of mundane activity drove Jess up wall. And now that she thought about it, her friends were very different people. Jess was mischievous; she always had a wicked idea or plan up her sleeve. While Ann was quieter, more relaxed and shied away from any form of conflict.

Maybe, Iris thought turning her head to the side to stare at her wall of photos. They were of her and her friends during their junior year. At football games, pep rallies, concerts, and even a couple from the class rooms. But there was one photo she was looking at now, one person who could disappear after showing up in the middle of the night.

Don’t be absurd, she thought to herself as she sat up on her bed, there was no one there. You were imagining it and if there was someone there, it wasn’t him. And with those words of comfort running through her mind she got ready for school.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys how do you like this story so far? I decided a couple things that you all should be aware of.

1 each chapter is going to be less than 500 words

2 I am never going to describe Iris directly. She has brown hair but that’s all I'm going to tell you.

3 each chapter will take place in her room. Anything that happens outside that space will be a broken memory that Iris recalls.

My reasoning’s behind this are because this is a very confusing story so Iris is going to be very confused. The best way to relay that is with train-of-thought type writing. However this type of style isn’t my strongest style so I'm keeping the chapters short and sweet.

I won’t be describing Iris because I want her to be a character that you as the reader can easily replace with yourself. I want you to fill her shoes and one of the ways to do that is by not telling you what she looks like. For all intents and purposes, you are Iris Evermore.

It may be confusing at first but I hope you get the hang of it and enjoy this new style I'm trying out. Leave me a comment telling me what you think. Your feedback will be greatly appreciated with this one :)

Ttnf,
-Katy