Status: Finally started a Niall story!

A Beautiful Mess

Second Encounter

Rise and shine, love! 

Good god almighty. Why does he have to text me so early? When he knows I have today off no less? 

Fuck off.

Hey! Don't tell me to fuck off! I'm your father!

Go give dad a hand job or something.


And with that, I turned my phone off. Might as well get up since my lovely Pops decided to wake me up at...ten am. I'm going to kill him. Ridding myself of clothes, I hopped in the shower and turned the water on full blast before starting to sing.

 "I've been roaming around, 
always looking down and all I see
Painted faces fill the places I can't reach
You know that I could use somebody
You know that I could use somebody

Someone like you 
and all you know and how you speak
Countless lovers 
undercover of the street

You know that I could use somebody
You know that I could use somebody
Someone like you

Off in the night while you live it up, 
I'm off to sleep
Waging wars to shake the poet and the beat

I hope it's gonna make you notice
I hope it's gonna make you notice

Someone like me
Someone like me
Someone like me, somebody

Go and let it out

Someone like you, somebody
Someone like you, somebody
Someone like you, somebody

I've been roaming around, 
always looking down and all I see"
 

If my pops had it his way, I would still be living at home with him and my dad. The day I turned eighteen my dad gave me the option to stay with him and Pops in their high dollar town house or move into my own flat that they would pay for. I, of course chose my own flat. It took me a few days to find the perfect place, but when I did they paid the own of the building and I was set to move in within the next few days. That gave me enough time to go furniture shopping. By the end of the week, I was living it up in my very own flat with my very own kitchen and my very own living room.

Growing up, I had the best of the best. People called me a spoiled brat, but I didn't deny it. I knew I was spoiled. Both my dads got me anything and everything I wanted. Dad and Pops were lawyers who had their own firm in the heart of London. They built the firm from the ground up. When they were finally sure they had enough cash flow, I was brought into the picture. As a newborn they adopted me. We lived in Germany where the original Fossil-Faust Law Firm was located until I hit the tender age of ten. That was the year I lost my hearing. After that, they moved us 1,092 kilometers away to London. I adjusted easily. Right before we moved there was when I actually lost my hearing. 

I was born with Menieres disease. Difficulties at birth caused it. That and my sperm donor -aka my birth mums boyfriend- had a history of it in his family. My birth mum was only fifteen when she had me, and she of course wasn't fit to raise a child when she was one herself, so I got put up for adoption. My dad and pops knew when they started the adoption process that there was a 50/50 chance I could be born deaf. After I was born they knew from the tests the doctors normally did on newborns that I would be deaf when I got older no matter what. They didn't think it would be at the age of ten. Menieres disease usually hit you in your adult years, but I was that one rare case that hit when I was barely a preteen. I had went to a deaf school up until I lost my hearing, learning how to sign to prepare me for what was to come. When we moved to London my dads got me the CIC hearing aids and it was like I never lost my hearing. I talked like I normally would, and not like a deaf person does. I still got dizzy spells from the Menieres but that was normal. Now, it was like I was a normal eighteen year old girl.  

I quickly blow dried my hair, then got dressed in whatever clean clothes I could find. My phone was pocketed and my purse was thrown across my shoulder. Time to make a visit to Starbucks and then the club. 

"I need a venti cafe mocha latte, a venti black coffee, a venti salted caramel mocha, and four pieces of banana bread."

"Ten pounds." The same teenage lad from the other day and he was still staring at me like I was a piece of meat. The male species everyone; always thinking with the wrong head. I dug around my purse for my credit card, but a large hand gave the kid money. "I got it."

Lifting my head up, I came face to face with the bastard who made me spill my coffee all over my white shirt the other day. My eyes narrowed on instinct. 

"I can pay for my own stuff," I stated hatefully. He grinned despite my attitude. "I wanted to do it as an apology for the other day," he replied. "I am sorry. I didn't mean to ruin your clothes."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever pretty boy." I stood against the wall out of everyones way while I waited on my order to be filled. He -to my displeasure- stood beside me and tried to strike up a conversation. I, however, wasn't having any of that seeing as I didn't want to listen to him and my phone was ringing. It flashed Grimmy on the screen making me smirk. 

"Grimmy! What's up?" I answered. 

"My German chocolate cupcake!" He shouted. "You still coming to the party tonight?"

"I wouldn't miss a good party for anything," I replied. "I want to have a good time and get -as the Americans say- white girl wasted."

The blonde guy looked at me with a confused face. I ignored him and kept talking to my new found friend. 

"Are you one of those girls who does funny shit when she's drunk?"

I smirked. "I, Spencer Faust, do not get drunk; I get awesome."

"Spencer!" My order was ready. "Hey Grim, I gotta go. I'm getting ready to go to the club, so I'll talk to you later, yeah?"

"Of course. See you tonight cupcake!" 

I hung up and thanked the teenager for my order. The guy grabbed his order that was also done and followed after me. "Wait! So you're the DJ from that club Envy who Nick had on his show yesterday?" He questioned.

Que eye roll. "Yes, now leave me alone." And with that, I left him behind in my figurative cloud of dust.

++++++

"Have you lot ever heard of One Direction?" I hollered across the club. Finn and Kale were sweeping and doing other cleaning. 

"You mean as in 'you can only go one direction'?" Kale hollered back. I snorted. "No you tosser, the boy band!" 

Finn spoke up, making me stop what I was doing. "They're really popular. They sing that one song that goes 'baby you light up my world like nobody else' and something about a hair flip."

"Excuse me; where is your dick and when did you start listening to boy bands?" Kale questioned, his face nothing but serious. 

He flipped him off while I just cackled up in my booth. "Sod off! When I'm at home that's all my little sister talks about."

I smirked. "Sure it is. We know you listen to them all the time; in your car, in the shower, while you workout. Don't deny it, Finny." He settled for flipping me off. To which I responded with, "Give me a time and place and I'll be there, babe."

While him and Kale continued to mouth each other, I brought up YouTube on my laptop and typed in One Direction. The first video that popped up on the screen was What Makes You Beautiful. Oh gag a maggot. This is probably some cliche song about how the girl doesn't know she's beautiful and all that rubbish. I bet that's what all their stupid songs are about. I might just kill Grimmy.

Play. 

A beach appeared on the big screens throughout the club seeing as my laptop was still hooked up to them and the sound system. Guitar strums bounced off the walls followed by a cow bell. And then came the singing. Oh Jesus, the singing. I literally wanted to gouge my ears out with a blunt object. As I continued to watch the cliche video and listen to the cliche lyrics, I noticed the blonde guy looked really familiar. Squinting my eyes, I realized it was the guy from Starbucks. 

"Hey! That's the lad from last night who was creeping on Spence!" Kale exclaimed. And apparently he's a creeper. 

Great. "I saw him at Starbucks before I came here and he followed me out," I spoke, pausing the video. "Can I please be given back my badazzled bottle of mace now?"

++++++

For house parties, I didn't normally get all dressed up, but knowing who was throwing it, I had no choice. There would no doubt be celebrities there. I didn't want to go in my skinnies, tank, and Doc's that's for sure. So I pulled out the 'ol studded fuck me heels, short tight leather skirt, and sequin bralet. Not meaning to toot my own horn, but 'toot toot', it made my boobs look amazing. Bigger too, but not that they needed to be. 34 D was huge on my skinny self. 

As soon as I entered Nick's house, I could tell the party was in full swing. Nick had surprisingly answered the door. Not sure how he heard me ring the bell, but he did. He greeted me with kisses to both of my cheeks then proceeded to pull me through the pack house. I was introduced to so many people my mind was going every which way. Alexa Chung, Ed Sheeran, Olly Murs. I just...I'd never met so many famous people at once. I didn't know whether to have a fangirl moment and ask for pictures or scream and faint. But I didn't choose either of those, instead choosing to act like a normal person who was talking to new, normal people. 

"Harry!" Nick shouted. I sipped at my Red Bull and vodka, more vodka then Red Bull mind you, as we stepped outside onto a patio. There was a handful of people out here. The group Nick was pulling me too was the ever famous boy band. 

"Nick!" The curly haired one shouted back. They hugged like they were old friends before Nick wrapped his fingers around my free wrist and pulled me forward. "Lads, this is my German chocolate cupcake, Spencer. Cupcake, these are the tossers that make up One Direction. That's Harry, Niall, Zayn, Liam, and Louis."

I smirked, wiggling my fingers at them. "Hey." Full flirt mode here people. In the presense of good looking lads, my inner slag comes out. For me, one night stands were better then being tied down to one guy. And I know with what I'm drinking, I'll be going home with someone tonight. It might not be one of the One Direction guys, but it'll be a guy from this party.  

They all greeted me with a simple 'ello. Harry, ever the flirt, came and kissed my hand. "So you're the famous Spencer who stole Nick from me," he said more the asked. 

I nodded with a smirk. "He moved on to bigger and better things," I replied, winking. He just smirked back. "Well I don't know about you, but I like to think I'm bigger and better then the other blokes around here."

A chuckle fell from my lips. "I've got things you don't, babe. So I'm still bigger and better then you." 

That emitted a laugh from him. "That's true." He let his eyes travel from my feet up to my head. Not so subtle but I don't think that's what he was going for. "I need a refill. What about you?"

Glancing down, I noticed I had a little bit left, so I raises the cup up to my lips and downed it. "Now I do." He threw his arm around my shoulder, letting his hand dangle dangerously close to my breasts. 

The next few hours went by in the blink of an eye. I lost count of the drinks I downed. I lost count of the times I tripped over my own two feet. I lost count of how long I danced. What I didn't lose count of was how many times my arse was grabbed and how many times I was kissed. 

If only I knew who I left with.

++++++

Being woke up by the sun hitting your face after a hard night of partying wasn't on my most loved list right now. But I had no say in that apparently. I cracked my eyes open to see I was in an unfamiliar room. No surprise there. My eyes immediately darted to the other side of the bed. I saw a mop of dark curly hair and a tan, fairly muscled back. One of the guys arms was under his pillow and the other was hanging off the side of the bed. I was a total creeper and stared at the guy before I made myself get up. As I did that the guy sighed in his sleep and rolled over. Holy crap on a cracker! 

I slept with Harry of One Direction. 

The shock wore off and a smirk slowly appeared on my face. Once I was back in my clothes from the previous night of partying, I got my phone out and silently snapped a picture of his sleeping self. Dad and Pops would be proud. Wonder what they'll say about him? Since it's early in the morning and cold, I might as well borrow one of his jumpers and beanies. The first ones I saw were a black jumper and a goldish brown beanie, so I slipped them on and made my way into the bathroom to use the lou. Might as well make him think I remember last night. After a little digging in my clutch, I found a tube of red lipstick. 

Thank you for last night. Xoxo

And I kissed it with the lipstick on. Click! Another picture to look at later on. On my way out, I snagged a pair of sunglasses off the hall table and slipped them on. All in all, I had a good night...

From what I can remember.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

WHO SAW THAT COMING!?