Status: Finally started a Niall story!

A Beautiful Mess

Relationship Material

"Spencer Marie Faust, the slag who shagged Harry fucking Styles, get over here!"

"Oi! Don't go blabbing that to the world, you bitch," I shouted back. She cackled that evil witch laugh of hers. It literally scared the crap out of me. Like, I got chills down my spine and everything.

"But for real, you need to get dressed," she spoke, this time in my room. "It's almost time for you to go show that Grimshaw bloke how badass of a DJ you are!"

I got up off my laptop and pushed her out of the room. She was set to leave anyway. She had a party to get too. More like a rave with all the drugs and alcohol I knew would be there. But it's not much better then what goes on at the club. I quickly got dressed and did my makeup.

By the time I was done, Ronnie was antsy. She snapped a few pictures fully intending on posting them on her Twitter and Instagram. I did some cute poses and cute faces, and I also did some over the top poses and over the top faces. She left with the promise of hanging out tomorrow and possibly barging in on me banging Harry 'Horse Cock' Styles. I literally almost pissed myself laughing. I hopped in my car and sped to the club.

"'Bout time you got your arse here," Kale shouted. I flipped him the bird. "Fuck off, Kale," I shouted back.

"You're little boy band buddies are here," Finn spoke as I climbed up in my station. "And so is that radio host guy."

Bloody hell. It's a half hour before the club is supposed to open. They weren't supposed to be here this early. Shit. I laid my laptop on the desk and opened it, turning it on and plugging it in.

"Well if it isn't my little Cupcake!" A voice exclaimed from below. I gazed over the edge and spotted him standing there with a drink already in hand and the lads behind him. "Grimmy; hey!"

I bounded down the small set of crappy stairs and gave him a quick hug. I hugged the others, not paying Harry any special attention. His furrowed brows didn't go unnoticed.

"So, let's hear this mix." I rolled my eyes at Grimmy but nodded nonetheless. I hopped back up to my booth and clicked on the file I had it in. It was connected to the speakers so I hit play, and sat back waiting for their reactions. The last notes finished playing and they all had shocked looks on their faces.

"Well?"

"Holy fucking hell," the lads mumbled. Grimmy grinned before clapping like a maniac. "That was bloody amazing, Cupcake!"

I couldn't help but grin. "Thanks love. Did you lot like it?" I asked. "Silence can be good or bad."

They all nodded. "Was pretty damn good," Louis spoke.

"'Mazin'," Niall said. Zayn nodded. "It was awesome."

"Best remix I've heard in a while," Liam spoke. Now it was Harry's turn to comment. We all looked at him waiting for his thoughts. "It was good. I like it."

It was good. I like it.

Like, what the hell? That's it? I worked a whole damn week on this shit and that's he says? Good god. See if I ever shag him again. I rolled my eyes -not so subtly- and clicked off the mix, going back to the desktop of my laptop. Hopping down, I thanked them for the compliments and excused myself to go talk to Kale and Finn. I made it to the bar and immediately went behind it, pouring myself a shot of JD.

"What's your problem?" Kale asked. I rolled my eyes. That seemed to be a reoccurring thing lately. "That curly headed fuck over there," I snapped. "See if I ever fuck him again."

Him and Finn gaped at me. Finn even dropped the glass he was cleaning causing it to shatter on the countertop. "WHAT?!" They exclaimed.

I shrugged. "I shagged him the other day. But he said my mix was good. Just good."

They stared at me then at each other, then back to me. "No bloody way," the mumbled. "You're the slag caught sneaking out of his flat the other mornin'."

Shrugging, I down my shot. "Doesn't matter now. It was a hump and dump."

And that was true. Yeah he was a good shag, but he wasn't relationship material. More importantly I wasn't relationship material. I was a teenager. I needed to live my life. Have fun. Party till the sun comes up. Drink away my pain. Screw whatever guy I wanted, and have fun. Did I say that already?

&&&

Music was playing. Bass was thumping. People were dancing. And I was DJing. Even if I couldn't hear it, I still loved it. I didn't need to hear it to love it. I felt it and that was enough.

Hopping down from the stand, I made sure Dru knew what to do if the music stopped and headed for the bar. I needed a little break. And the alcohol was calling my name, I just knew it. Two shots of JD were sat down in front of me before I could sit down. A grateful smile was flashed at Kale before I downed both the shots. Someone came up beside me but I didn't pay them any attention. I was messing with the napkin my shot glasses had been sitting on.

A tap to the shoulder made me look up. And there stood Niall. He started speaking but with all the lights, the alcohol running through my system, the bass shaking my tiny body, it was hard to focus. Normally reading lips was an easy feat for me. I motioned to my ears and said, "I can't hear you." I don't know if I yelled it or not, but he obviously heard me seeing as he bent down closer to my ear. With a roll of my eyes, I grabbed a pen from Finn's shirt as he passed and wrote on the napkin in front of me.

I can't hear you.

Sliding the note over to him, I downed another shot, thanking Finn in sign language. Niall's eyebrows knitted together. He slid it back over to me. What do you mean you can't hear me?

I mean I can't hear you. I'm deaf. As in I can't hear anything.


He read the note and his mouth formed an 'O'. His blue eyes looked over at me with a questioning gaze. Normally how anyone looked at me when I told them. Something seemed to click in his head and he got his phone out. It was put in my line of vision and on it was an open text.

Give me your number and we can text. It would be easier then writing on the napkin.

So I gave him my number. I put it in his contacts and snapped a picture of myself and Niall to use as my picture. It was a cute picture with me actually smiling. Not that sexy, sultry smile I did, but a genuine smile that showed my dimples. I only used that smile for my parents. "Send me that picture, I want to Instagram that shit," I said into his ear. He grinned and nodded.

The music died down as did the bass meaning it was my que to get back up there and do my job. I bid him goodbye with a kiss to the cheek and pushed me way through the crowd to my booth.

"How's everyone doin' tonight!?" I shouted into the mic. They all clapped and whatnot making me smirk. "I got a new song for you lot. I was given a challenge by a Mr. Nick Grimshaw to remix a One Direction song, and I did just that! So here it is; this is What Makes You Beautiful, Spen-x style!"

Spen-x was what my fans called me. It reminded me of Skrillex, but I didn't care. They dubbed me that so I just let it stick. I didn't like using it all that often, so I stuck with my name. Have to please the fans sometime I guess.

&&&

I didn't get the whole calling and talking on the phone deal. And not just because I was deaf. I didn't like talking to people on the phone. Texting was more my forte. That's why whenever someone got my number, I told them to text me, that I didn't do the whole talking over the phone.

Hey! This is Niall.

With a roll of my eyes, I text him back.

Hey bro, what's up?

He text back almost immediately. Eager much?

Bro? Haha. Not much just hanging with the lads. You?

Sounds fun. :p I'm actually working on a new mix. Your little boy band got me into the pop music bit, so I'm mixing some pop songs. Kill me now! ;)

OI! Pop music ain't that bad! Take it back!

Whatcha gonna do if I don't?

You don't wanna know. ;)

Oooh, flirting. :D I'm into kinky stuff if you need any ideas for my 'punishment'. ;)


There's nothing wrong with a little harmless flirting. I do my best flirting with guys I'm not interested in, in any way. It's just how I am.

My phone lit up with a text. It was an unknown number. Meet me at my place tonight at nine.

Excuse me? Who the fuck is this?

Harry. Meet me there at nine. And wear something sexy.


What just happened?
♠ ♠ ♠
Spencer is kind of a little hooker. ;)