Status: Finally started a Niall story!

A Beautiful Mess

Call or Delete

"Grimmy, I'm so sorry!" I shouted.

I burst into the room where he did his radio show. I had ran all the way from the street up the many flights of stairs and into the room. The lift was taking ages to get to the bottom floor so I settled for running up the stairs. It was a bad decision. One of the many I've made in my life. But when I finally got there and in a chair, I was able to catch my breath.

Grimmy chuckled. "S'fine love. Did something happen to make you late?"

A smirk appeared on my lips. "You could say that."

His own smirk appeared. "Oh, do tell!" He exclaimed, clapping his hands together. I shook my head, putting on a pair of headphones. "Songs almost over, and you have to interview me," I spoke matter-of-factly.

Long story short, I went to Harry's and accidentally fell asleep. My alarm on my phone didn't go off for some reason and by the time I finally got up, I was well on my way to being thirty minutes late for my interview. I felt horrible. I really did. Which is why I'm going to buy him cupcakes later on.

"Welcome back everyone!" Grimmy spoke into his mic. "We have our special guest here, Miss Spencer Faust! How are you, love?"

I grinned, chuckling at his hyperness this early in the morning. "Pretty good. Yourself?"

He grinned that big grin of his. "Absolutely amazing! What have you been up to? Any gossip about your life me and all the listeners need to know?"

Arse. I knew what he was hinting at. And I was going to put laxatives in the cupcakes I get him if he keeps it up. "Nope!" I glared at him over my mic. "Not a thing. Now let's get on with this interview that I just had to do."

"You're no fun," he whined. "Okie dokie! So have you ever heard us do the 'Call or Delete' with people who come on here?"

I nodded and he continued. "Okay, so get your phone out and go to your contacts." I did that and left it at the top. "Start scrolling and stop when I say so, 'kay?"

I started scrolling and was on the H's when he said stop. It landed on 'Harry'. Fuck. My face must have screamed what I was thinking because Grimmy smirked. "Who'd it land on?"

"Harry," I replied. His smirk seemed to get bigger. "Call or delete?"

My answer was almost immediate. "Delete."

"Ouch!" He laughed. "Sorry to whoever Harry that is. Guess you just aren't cool enough to make it onto my German Chocolate Cupcakes contact list."

I chuckled. "Sorry not sorry!" We both had a small laugh before he told me to continue scrolling. I stopped on the P's and landed on 'Pops'. Oh this'll be good. "Who'd you land on this time?"

"My Pops," I replied. "What should I tell him?"

He seemed in deep thought for a few short seconds, but he finally grinned and let out an 'ah ha'. "Tell him that your eggo is preggo and that it's a famous persons baby."

Oh god. He'll kill me when he finds out I'm lying. I hit the call button and put it on speaker, moving one of the headphones off of my ear so I could hear him. He answered on the second ring.

"Spence, love, I'm in the middle of a meeting," he spoke in a hushed voice.

"But Pops, I have something really important to tell you," I said, with fake nervousness. "Like, I'm talking massively important." I can just see him perking up at that and dismissing himself.

"Is something wrong? Do I need to come bail you out of jail? Are you in the hospital?"

Grimmy was sitting in his chair about to piss himself. Of course he would ask if I needed to be bailed out of jail while on a radio show prank. Of course.

"No Pops, I'm fine," I sighed, shaking my head. "But you might wanna sit down before I tell you."

He told me he was sitting down in his office so I told him. "I'm pregnant. By a famous bloke."

What he said next almost made me fall out of my chair. "Is it that good looking lad from that one band? Mass Erection or something or other?"

"There's more then one good looking lad in that band Pops, and it's called One Direction." Oh dear lord. "But no, it isn't any of them."

"Well then who is it?! I need to know who's arse to kick, Spencer Marie! Besides yours that is!"

"Oi! Don't go kicking my bum! That's considered abuse!" Grimmy was somewhat calmed down, so he hastily wrote on a notepad he had and showed it to me. "You're legally an adult, so it wouldn't be—"

I cut him off. "It's Grimmy's! I'm having his child!"

"Who in the bloody hell is that?" He was getting kind of aggravated, you could tell. This is golden. "Nick Grimshaw. He has that radio show on BBC. He's a real fit lad, I tell ya," I explained.

"Wait a minute..." He trailed off. "Is he the one who does that 'Call or Delete' bit? Am I on his show right now?"

At that, I busted out laughing. So did Nick. My Pops sighed loudly. I can picture him running a hand through his hair with his eyes closed. I swear, I'm going to cause him to have a heart attack one of these days.

"Your dad and I are going to kick your bum when you come over for dinner tomorrow." He stopped to chuckle. "You almost gave me a bloody heart attack you twat!"

"I'm sorry Pops! I didn't mean it! Grimmy made me do it! Talk to him about it," I exclaimed. "Shall I bring him over for dinner tomorrow so you and dad can give him a proper bum kicking?"

Grimmy shook his head. "Oh noooo! I don't do parents. Especially ones who raised the angry spawn that is you."

Pops busted out laughing. "I think we were in Hell when we raised her. But I have to go, love. Have a good day everyone! G'bye!"

"Bye Pops."

"Bye Pops!" Grimmy shouted. I hung up and laid my phone in my lap. He looked over at me with a big grin on my face. "I wish I coulda been a fly on the wall when you grew up."

Rolling my eyes, I shook my head. "Yeah, it was, uh... interesting to say the least." Nuff said on that subject.

&&&

Come over

Who the hell is this?

Um excuse me? Who the hell is this?

I got a reply a few seconds later.

Harry?

Is that a question or a statement?

This is Spencer right?

Yep! Who's askin?

Harry Styles.

Ooooooh okay! I totally deleted your number the other day.


"Who are you over there texting with that smirk on your face?" Ronnie questioned. Looking up, I smirked at her. "My booty call."

She snorted, choking on her apple juice. That made me start laughing. And we got into a laughing fit. This may or may not last for an hour. Or the possible half hour. Who knows.

"You... Booty... Call!" She managed to say through laughs. I nodded and tried to explain everything while laughing my arse off. It took a good half hour.

Ronnie took a deep breath and leaned her head on the back of the couch. "So what's going on with that whole deal? I mean, does his band mate, Blondie know?"

I shook my head. "No, and he won't either. No one else will if you, the rents, Finn, Kale, and his other band mate can keep your traps shut," I replied.

"Wait, one of his other band mates knows? How did that happen?!"

I scoffed. "Those blokes gossip more then our Nan's at the salon. Have you ever noticed how my dads do it?"

She rolled her eyes. "But your dads are gay! They're supposed to do that!"

Now it was my turn to roll my eyes. "But there's still the fact that they're men. They're of the male species which means if they do it, so do other males." I scoffed. "And to think, you're in uni!"

"OI! Sod off, you twat!" She exclaimed, whacking my arm. "Shut up before I jab your eyes and make you go blind, then you won't only be deaf but blind."

"Oi! I'm not deaf if I can still hear your whiny arse voice!" I exclaimed. "So ha!"
♠ ♠ ♠
No 1D. :(
Has anyone bought tickets to go see 1D perform in St. Louis in August? I did! I'm taking my little cousin and I'm beyond excited!!