The Pros and Cons of Breathing

Part 15

Gerard’s POV

It took me about ten minutes to quit crying into Ray’s chest and when I did he pulled me back and stared me in the eyes.

“If you ever keep something like this from me again, Gerard, I’m gonna have to hug you again.”

I sniffed.

“You need to tell Frankie. He thinks you’re having an affair or something. He didn’t say that, but…” he sighed and brushed back my hair.

“I don’t want him to hurt my baby, Ray. If he hurts her I’ll lose her and Frankie. I’ll lose e-everything.”

Ray ran a hand up and down my arm comfortingly. “Tell Frankie what’s going on, Gee. Then you have to stand up to Bert and tell him you aren’t gonna be his fuck toy anymore.”

“H-he said if I told anyone h-he would rape Anna, Ray. And if I do this he’s gonna know.” I felt tears in my eyes again.

Ray pulled me into another hug. “If you don’t do something, Gee, I will. I’ll have to. I can’t let Bert do this to you. He’s raping you, Gerard. That’s what this is.”

“He’s not raping me…” I began to cry.

“He’s forcing you into it. It’s rape.” Ray hugged me.

“I can’t handle this, Ray.” I sobbed.

“We’re here for you, Gee.” He whispered, wiping my eyes. “Now go talk to Frankie.”

“C-Can you?” I sniffed.

“If you really want me to, I can.” Ray said.

“Thanks.” I rested my head on his shoulder and he led me towards the bus.

“Are you sure you don’t want to tell him yourself?”

“I’ll tell him myself…. But not now.” I sniffed. “I’ll tell him tomorrow after we perform.”

“Okay.” Ray nodded and opened the door. “It’s gonna be okay, Gee.”

“I know.” I sniffed again. “Thanks, Ray.”

“You’re welcome.”

Frank’s POV

Have you ever had that feeling that something was wrong? Something was wrong and you just had to go find out what was wrong? Well, the next day we performed at night and Gerard had disappeared.

“I’m gonna go find Gee.” I sighed to Bob and Mikey, and then headed out.

I walked around for about twenty minutes. It was still early morning and not many kids arrived. I signed a few autographs and went on my way. I checked everywhere, and then glanced at the bathroom stalls. He wouldn’t be there. We have our own bathroom. But something compelled me to go look. I went and all stalls were opened. I heard whispering from behind the stalls so I went to look, like an idiot.

Gerard was pressed against the wall, head tilted back, while Bert sucked him off. My breath caught in my throat and I stared, swallowing.

“G-Gerard…” I whispered hoarsely. He looked at me and I saw tears in his eyes. That’s when I realized he wasn’t cheating. He was… being attacked? I don’t know. It didn’t make sense. But I knew Gerard wasn’t wanting this. “Get off of my husband.” I said quietly, crossing over to them.

Bert removed his mouth from Gee and smirked. “Come to join the party, Pretty Boy.” He stood up. “There’s room for one more. Maybe you can lighten him up. He never seems to enjoy sex with only me. Both of you are alike, you know. Both of you seem to cry when I fuck you… Pretty pathetic, really.”

I pounced on Bert, punching him in the face and kneeing him in the groin. “STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM MY FAMILY!”

He groaned and rolled over. Only now he was on me and he had the advantage. He punched me and I felt a crack in my arm, which he was twisting.

“HELP!” Gerard screamed after pulling his pants on.

Two security guards ran back and lifted Bert off of me.

“Again, Bert?” one sighed. “That’s the third time you’ve attacked someone this week.”

Gerard lifted me up.

“My arm… my arm hurts.” I whimpered, looking down. It looked like my bone had completely snapped, but I do like to exaggerate.

“You kicked his fucking ass, Frankie.” He whispered.

“My arm is broken…” I moaned. My arm was out at an odd angle. I was definitely not playing tonight.

“I love you so much.” Gerard said, kissing me. He was still crying and I could taste his tears, much like when we first got together.

“Please say its over, Gee.” I whimpered.

He put his hands on either side of my face. “It’s over now, baby. It’s over.”

Five Hours Later…

“What do we do about shows?” Bob asked.

“We’ll have to quit until his arm is fixed… could be months. Warped Tour will be over.” Gerard said.

“And Bert?”

“Is arrested under rape, assault, threatening, and a whole lot of other shit. They found drugs in his pockets….” I said happily.

“And he’ll definitely never see you guys again?” Mikey asked.

“Never.”

“Are you okay?” Bob asked both of us.

“We’re fine.” Gee said.

“My arms a little sore, but hey… I broke his nose.” I said cheerfully.

Bella climbed onto my lap and hugged me. “Daddy hurt.”

“Daddy’s fine. Wanna sign my cast?”

“It’s bright green.” She giggled happily. “I like green.”

“I know.” I smiled and kissed her cheek. “Now, about going home. I was thinking we’d go to Canada.”

“Works for me.” Gerard said.

“And My Chemical Romance?” Bob asked.

“Well, you’ll can come or… I guess we’ll have to wait until we move back….” Gerard said.

“Back to Canada?” Bella asked.

“Back to Canada.” I grinned, kissing her cheek.

1 Year Later….
Frank's POV

“Aren’t you excited to go see Daddy and Uncle Mikey and Aunt Jenny and the new baby?”

“No! I wants to stay here with my Belle room."

"But Daddy hasn't seen you in two weeks. Mikey wants his Bella to see the baby. Don't you want to see her?"

"Nope. She smells. All babies smell."

"Well that's just too bad because we're leaving to catch the plane NOW."

"You can leave me here, daddy. I'm a big girl." Annabelle said curtly.

"Oh, I don't think so." I picked her up and got her bag.

"Daddy..." she asked adorably.

"Yes, sweetie?"

"Can we walk to America? Planes are scary..."

Gerard’s POV

“DADDY!!!!!!”

“Oh, look at you!” I screamed, picking my daughter up. I saw Frank walking off pretty far behind her. “Did you leave Daddy?”

“I saw you a-and I had to see my daddy!” she cried, wrapping her arms around my neck. “Cause I am the baby and this new baby is stinky and not as good as you’re Princess Bella, right?”

I laughed. “This new baby isn’t Daddy’s, she’s Mikey’s.”

“Uncle Mikey has ME to spoil, Daddy. Not this new baby. Because she smells.”

Frank walked up, shaking his head. “She’s convinced she’s Miss Queen Bee and this new baby is evil.” He told me, wrapping an arm around me.

“I’ve missed you.” I said, kissing him.

“I missed you too.” Frank smiled at me and kissed me back.

“Fucking queers.” A man muttered walking past.

“I do not have duck ears, you fuckbrain!” Annabelle screamed after him, struggling to get away from me.

I couldn’t help but laugh at her innocence.

She glared at me, putting her hands on her hips. “He said I has ducky ears, Daddy. I don’t. Go suck his blood.”

“Maybe tomorrow, sweetie.”

“Can you suck the new baby’s blood? Cause she’s stinky.”

“You’re stinky, Miss Ducky Ears.”

“Hey, you bad Daddy fuckbrain!”

“Aw, that wouldn’t be that word you aren’t supposed to use, would it?”

“It is, Daddy. But you and Daddy say it ALL the time so Uncle Ray says you can go fuck yourselves.”

“He was joking and you CAN’T say that word.”

“Then you can’t.”

“I am required to.”

“Why?”

“Because it is in my wonderfully written songs.”

“Your band is stupid, daddy. It’s too loud and you don’t sing about princesses or flowers or forests.”

“Stop this nonsense talk before you say something you regret.” Frank gasped.

“Your band is stupid. You don’t even sing about Pooh Bear o-or Beauty and the Beast… or the Rugrats.”

“Well I think that the Disney bands suck.” I said.

“UH!” she blew a raspberry at me.

“UH!” I blew one right back.

She blinked at me, and then giggled.

“Okay, let’s go before the weird people shoot daddy.”

“AND I DON’T HAVE DUCKY EARS!” Bella screeched as we walked by the same guy as earlier who had called me and Frank queers.




“Hi Uncle Mikey.” Annabelle said, creeping into Mikey and Jenny’s living room.

“Hey beautiful. I’ve got someone I’d like you to meet.”

“Is it the smelly baby?”

Mikey arched his eyebrow.

“Don’t ask.” I said, dragging Frank in.

“Well, she’s sleeping now. I want you to meet my fiancé Jenny.”

“You is not married? You is apposed to be married before you has kids, Uncle Mikey.”

“Yeah, well….”

“Bella, shh.” Frank whispered.

Jenny, Mikey’s fiancé with long brown hair and brown eyes, came in.

“Is you the smelly baby? Cause you is a big baby. Daddy says I is a baby so I guess its okay.”

“Bella…” Frank muttered.

“I’m making my daddy mad now. He’s gonna lock me in the basement when we get back to Canada. Canada is better than America because the people here walk by and say you have ducky ears.”

“You didn’t lock her in the basement, did you Frank?” I asked.

He blushed. “Not on purpose. And I realized almost right away.”

“Uh-uh. I was there all night.” Annabelle insisted.

“You were not, you little bugger.”

“Was so. Cause Daddy’s stinky.”

“If you smell something so bad everywhere you go maybe it’s you that stinks.”

“Nuht-uh, Mr. You is the one that used to go for weeks without showers. The Brian dude told me. The one with all the tattoos.”

“Well he lied.” Frank said simply.

“No. You lied. You big fat ducky ear Daddy.”

“Don’t call Daddy fat.” I snapped.

“He’s got pudgy belly, Daddy.” She insisted.

“Okay, Miss Rude Mouth.” I scooped her up. “Someone miss her nap?”

“It’s the planes fault, Daddy. The old man kept farting and it really smelled.”

Frank was looking at the ceiling pleadingly and whispering something.

“She’s too cute.” Jenny laughed.

“No.” Frank said. “She isn’t. We thought so too for the first few months. Then she’s just rotten.”

“Ray Ray says it’s your fault because you spoiled me. I don’t mind being spoiled though. Daddy, can we buy a pool?”

“No.” I said.

“Please?”

“You can’t swim. Neither can I or Frank. We don’t need one.”

“So? It’ll look pretty. It can be shaped like the beast.” She turned to Jenny. “I like the beast. Bobby is my beast, but we can’t tell his girlfriend. She might get jealous. And Uncle Mikey spoils me only, not the smelly baby.”

“The baby smells quite nice, Bella. Wanna see her?”

“Nope. Cause she smells.”

Mikey took her from me and led her towards the nursery. Frank followed because he hadn’t seen the newborn baby either. I had moved her about two weeks ago to help Mikey and Jenny out for the first bit.

When Annabelle saw the baby she smiled. “She’s tiny, Uncle Mikey.”

“I know. You were that tiny once.”

“I know that. Everyone is, doof butt.” She whispered.

“Quit being rude, Miss Thing.” Frank muttered. “It’s about time for someone’s nap.”

“Naps are bad, Uncle Mikey. They is the work of the devil.”

I scooped Annabelle up. “C’mon, sweetie. I’ll lay down with you.”

“No, no, no!” She screeched after we left the room. I laid on the couch with her and she struggled and cried until she wore herself out.

“Bad smelly Daddy. You has ducky ears.” She whispered before her head fell onto my chest and she began to snore.

“Wow, she’s something.” Jenny laughed.

“Tell me about it.” I muttered, getting up and covering her in a blanket on the couch. Mikey and Frank were back in the room now and we all migrated to the kitchen for “adult talk”. In other words, to be really bored.

Frank’s POV

“She’s getting rotten.” I moaned, snuggling my head into Gerard’s chest.

“She’s four. All four year olds are rotten. You’ve got two sisters, you know this.” Gerard laughed.

“I miss my old shy baby who was so cute and cuddly. If I try to cuddle her she bites me.” I fake sniffed. “The good ole days… come to think of it… she wasn’t like this until you left to see the baby.”

“See, there it is. She’s jealous. She’ll get over this and be our cute little baby soon.” Gerard said cheerfully.

“I still want her back now.” I looked up at him.

“I love you.” He said, smiling.

“Oh, yay. Are we gonna get sappy now and have sex?”

“If you want to.”

“I do… but this is kinda Mikey’s guest room.”

“…hmm… I really don’t give a duck’s ears.”

“Hahahahaha, I get it.” I laughed, and then moaned as he pressed his lips to mine. “If you REALLY don’t care, who am I to deny you?”

He climbed on top of me.

“I always knew there was a God.” I sighed happily.



Gerard’s POV
There’s one bad thing about having kids. It’s very difficult to have sex. See, children obviously have sex radar. When their parents are about to have sex, the kids like to burst in.

Which is exactly what my little Annabelle did. Luckily Frank and I were under the covers.

“Bella!” Frank panted, gently pushing my mouth off of his shoulder. “What’s wrong, sweetie?”

“I can’t sleep, Daddy.” She sniffed. “Can I sleep with you?”

I looked at Frank, silently begging no.

“Hand me my boxers.” He whispered.

I sighed and handed Frank his boxers, then pulled mine on.

Frank got out of bed and scooped Annabelle up. “You know you can’t sleep with Daddy and I. If we let you once you always want to.” He said calmly.

“B-but it’s scary, Daddy.” She sniffed. “A-and the baby keeps making noises.”

“You have to sleep and, hon, you can’t hear the baby. You’re on the couch. She’s upstairs.”

“I can hear it, Daddy. Honest.” She insisted. She turned to me. “Please, Daddy.”

“This is between you and Frankie, princess.”

“Baby, you have to sleep in your own room like a big girl.”

“But it’s too far to walk, Daddy!” she began to cry.

“I meant the living room, honey.” Frank sighed and gave me a look, mouthing ‘Talk to her.’

I reached for her and Frank sat by me.

“I sleep with my daddies.” She cried.

“Tonight and tonight only.” I said.

“Gerard!” Frank hissed.

“It’ll only be tonight, Frankie. She’s scared.”

“You don’t know what you’re getting yourself into and I’m not fighting with her every fucki—er, freaking night to get her to sleep in her own bed.”

“Nevermind, Annabelle. You’re gonna have to sleep on the couch like a big girl.”

She began to cry again.

“We’ll sit down there with you, though.” I stood up, holding her. She kicked at me angrily. “Bad daddies! Bad bad boys!”

We went downstairs and laid her on the couch. She pouted for a good half hour before she settled down and snuggled to her teddy bear.

“Good girl…” Frank whispered, stroking her cheek. “We love you.”

“Love you.” She sniffed, before falling asleep.

Frank’s POV

Gerard and I trailed upstairs, yawning.

“No sex tonight?” Gee grumbled as I climbed into bed, pulling the covers to my chin.

“Nope. But you can snuggle me.” I yawned.

“Fair enough.” He snuggled up to me. “You know, I missed you. I hate being away from you, Frankie. I didn’t know what to do and everything… my life is upside down without you.”

“Gee?” I asked, yawning once again.

“Yeah, babe?”

“It’s hard to sleep while you’re blabbing.”

Gerard's POV

"Are you sure you don't want me to stay?"

"Gerard, I'm a big boy. I can handle my own daughter."

"I know you can handle her.... but you wanted me to come..."

"And thank you but now you need to go home. You didn't rent that house to stay here."

"Yeah, but the food's free!" Frank called. "Can't we stay? Pur-leeease?"

Mikey rolled his eyes. "Nope. I'm kicking you out. Go home."

Frank grumbled, standing from where he had been sitting on the couch. "C'mon, Bella. Uncle Mikey is a poop head and wants his house to himself."

"No." she said stubbornly.

Frank attacked her with kisses. "Don't you say no to me, stinky."

"Frank, the whole telling her off doesn't work if you're kissing on here. Just to let you know."

"Gerard, go screw yourself."

"Yeah, Daddy. Go screw you's self."

"No, thank you, Miss Annabelle. How about you go get your toys?"

"Nope. I'm Mikey's now. You take the bad baby. Bad baby for bad daddies." she shook her head, making her curls bounce.

"You're gonna leave Daddy all alone? I'll cry without my Bella." Frank sniffed.

"I wub you, Daddy, but you have to let go. I'm Mikey's now."

"Merlin help me." Mikey muttered.

“Mikey’s? I don’t think so.” Frank cooed.

“Uh-huh.” She nodded.

Frank pressed his nose to her and shook her head. “Nuht-uh. You’re Frankies and Gerard’s baby.”

“Nope, I’m Mikey’s. He said he’d keep me.”

“I did?” Mikey arched his eyebrow.

“You were drunk.” Annabelle nodded knowingly.

“Miss Annabelle, I haven’t been drunk in a very long time.” Mikey said.

“Yes, you has. You bad Mikey.”

“Okay.” Frank said. “If you really wanna stay with Mikey.”

“I do, Daddy.”

“Okay, c’mon Gerard. Let’s go.”

Mikey arched his eyebrow.

I turned and followed Frank to the door.

“DADDY!” Annabelle began to cry.

“Mikey’s your new Daddy now.” Frank said.

“You’re cruel.” I whispered. “It makes me horny.”

He glared, then grinned.

“Mikey stinky daddy. I Fwank’s baby and Retard’s baby now!”

“Nope. You wanted Mikey.”

She began to cry even louder, running into Frank’s arms. “I want my Daddy Fwankie!”

Frank hugged her. “You’re gonna come home with me and Gerard?”

She sniffed. “No. I stay with Mikey now.”

I threw my hands into the air.

Frank’s POV

Eventually it was decided that Annabelle would spend the night with Mikey, which is a big relief for me even if Gerard is pouting all over the place. He hasn’t been with her 24 hours a day for the past three weeks. I have.

I love my daughter, but lets face it. She isn’t in her terrible threes because one: she’s four and two: She’s in her terrible many-years-that-will-never-end.

Gerard says I’m being dramatic. I say I’m being truthful and I should go back to Canada and leave him with Bella a couple of weeks. See how he likes that.

Gerard and I collapsed on our bed (we’d had our stuff shipped to the US—didn’t cost us anything because we have it in our music contract. Hahaha.) and we snuggled together.

“I’m irritable and snappy.” I yawned.

“I’m tired and… tired.” Gerard yawned as well.

“It’s only noon.”

“Big boys can take naps too.” He yawned again and closed his eyes.

“See ya in a few hours.”

He nodded into my neck and soon we were both asleep…

Gerard’s POV

I got out of bed at one thirty and went down to make Frankie some pasta—one of the only things he liked to eat that I could cook. I wanted to surprise him since we hadn’t been alone together in a while and it was past lunch time anyway. When I got it done I took it up to our bedroom and gently shook him.

“Not now, Bella…” he moaned. “Daddy’s tired.”

“Daddy’s hungry.” I corrected, kissing his ear.”

“Mmh, hey.” Frank opened his eyes and saw the plate. “For me?”

“Haha. Get your own.” I grinned and handed him one of the two plates I had.

“Thanks. That was sweet.”

“Figured I’d better do something or you’d leave me for someone who actually does stuff.” I teased, nudging him. I sat down by him and we ate in silence, the only sounds our forks hitting our plates.

“So… I had my check up with the doctor.” Frank said.

I’d almost forgotten he’s had an appointment and felt bad.

“I forgot the appointment was three days ago and they had to call. You were out with Ray.” Frank said, seeing my confused face.

“Well, how’d it go?”

“The usual shit. ‘No big falls.’ Only now he’s convinced I’m stressed and need to find a positive outlet for my stress… what’s he want me to do, fucking yoga?”

“Anna is a bit stressful.” I shrugged. “I try to help—.”

“I wasn’t taking a stab at you. I was trying to make conversation.” Frank said quickly. “And you do help. You’ll be able to help more now that we’re on our own.” He put his now empty plate down. “Especially right now…”

I set my plate down and climbed on top of him. He wrapped his arms around my neck, smiling. “Let’s have sex. This time Bella won’t come bursting in.”

“You never know. The kid’s a fucking prodigy. She’ll apparate into our rooms. ‘Bad daddies. You is not being good boys, and you has ducky ears.’” I grinned.

Frank pressed his lips to mine in a heated and passionate kiss. Needless to say, things turned interesting…

Mikey’s POV

It’s always disturbing to see people after they’ve had sex cause they’re all glowy and happy and lovey. I know what Frank and Gerard did the whole time Bella was at my house last night.

I seriously heard them play fighting over who loved who more. It’s teenager stuff, but it is kind of sweet, I guess. That they’ve been married, have a kid, and can still be lovey. Most people would be bored with each other by now.

But not them, I guess. They always did seem perfect together…

Frank’s POV

It was weird, being back in Jersey. What was even weirder was that I hadn’t gone to see my mom yet. I’d talked to her on the phone but I really needed to get off of my lazy ass and go see her. Her and the girls have only seen Annabelle a few times, after all.

Man, I really should get out of bed…

It’s noon. Gerard’s probably been up for hours.

And I can hear Annabelle asking for me down the hall through the vents.

I rolled over and pulled the pillow over my head. Just a few more hours…

Gerard’s POV

I finally decided to go into our bedroom at two after putting Anna down for her nap to check on Frankie.

“Frank, you ever gonna get up?”

He was on top of the covers, head at the foot of the bed, and his pillow was over his head.

“I am up.” He muttered.

“Anna’s taking her nap.”

“Good. I’ll get up when she’s up.”

“It’s two.” I laughed.

“Good. She’ll sleep till at least three.”

“Frankie, you’re gonna be up all fucking night and I sure as hell aren’t staying up with you.”

“If I pout you will.” He said into the pillow. He lifted it slightly and looked at me with one green eye.

“C’mon and come eat.” I coaxed, reaching out a hand.

“Noooo.” He whined. “I’m twenty two. Let me sleep.”

“You’re ALMOST twenty three.”

“Almost. When I’m twenty three I’ll get up early.”

“Bullshit.” I muttered.

Frank’s POV

How dare he just pick me up like that. He’s got no respect for his husband, I tell you. And who gives a fuck if he did let me sleep another two hours. I would have gotten up on my own. Really, I would have.

Okay, I guess Gerard was right. Bullshit.

“I’m gonna divorce you!” I shrieked as he carried my down the hall and towards the kitchen.

“Okay. That’ll be fun.” He said, sitting me at our small table.

“Don’t bloody like you right now, Gee.”

“I love you too, baby.” He kissed my cheek.

“Ew, Gerard slobber.” I glared.

“How long are you gonna pout before you let me tell you WHY I got you up.”

“3 minutes and 27 seconds… 26 seconds….25 seconds….”

Gerard rolled his eyes and checked his watch. “Time’s up.”

“Nope. 3 minutes and 14 seconds…”

He pressed his lips against mine, smirking into my lips.

“You have NOT won, Mr.” I pulled away.

“I believe I have, Frankie.” He grinned.

“Aww, you suck! You win EVERY time.”

“Just one of my many talents.” He grinned.

“You still suck.”

“Shall I?” he untied my pj pants.

“You sure as hell better.”

Gerard’s POV
20 Minutes Later…

“So why did you wake me up?” Frankie panted, playing with my hair.

I pulled my jeans back on. “Oh, yeah. Your mom’s on her way over.”

There was a knock at the door.

“WHAT?”