The Pros and Cons of Breathing

Part 18

Frank’s POV

“What do you fucking mean, The Used is here?” Gerard hissed.

“I mean The Used is here.” Brian sighed. “Look, they share the same label. But we’re at separate ends of the building and security will be with Bella at all times.”

“But we can’t be around him!” Gerard screamed.

“I know, I know…. I didn’t think…. To check. I mean, the fucker just got out of jail…”

“I can’t fucking do anything with him anywhere near me! You fucking expect me to record an album. Where the fuck is Benson?” Gerard screamed.

“H-he’s with them right now.”

“Benson knew what he did to Frank! And he’s still working with them?”

“No. He was trying to get them too leave. They’ve got Feldmann.” Brian said. “Look, this wasn’t supposed to happen.”

“Daddy.” Bella tugged on Gerard’s sleeve. “Daddy, why is you mad?”

“Bella, leave Gerard alone right now.” Amanda said, scooping Bella up.

“You isn’t my mommy! Put me down, you Beast Stealer!”

Amanda sighed in annoyance and put Bella down. Bella, for the most part, was over the whole beast stealer thing but it still came out every once in a while.

Bella tugged at Gerard’s sleeve again. “Daddy, you is ignoring me and it upsets me greatly!”

Gerard glared at her. “Bella, stop. Daddy’s talking to Brian.”

“No. Daddy stop! You is getting mean and scary!” Bella stormed to the other side of the room and sat down, crossing her arms over her chest.

Gerard began to bicker loudly with Ray, who was trying to tell him everything would be okay with security there and if he wanted to we could reschedule. I went over to try and calm Gerard and within minutes the whole place was turned upside down with all of the yelling involved.

I turned to look for Bella and noticed she was gone.

“Bella, where are you?” I called. “EVERYONE SHUT YOUR FUCKING MOUTHS!”

Everyone fell silent.

“Bella’s gone.” I said.

Benson came in.

“Well?” Brian asked.

“Bert wasn’t there. He’d left for something.” Benson sighed.

Gerard’s eyes widened in horror and he ran out of the room. “ANNABELLE!”

We didn’t get an answer.

“BELLA IF YOU DON’T COME OUT HERE RIGHT NOW IT’LL BE NO DISNEY FOR A YEAR!” I shouted, feeling dread seep through me. I’d never felt as worried as I did now.

She didn’t answer us, but we did hear a scream in the distance….

Frank's POV

"Guys, did you know Bella was wondering the halls?" Mikey asked, coming in with bella in his arms.

"Oh my God, Bella!" I cried, taking her. "Don't you EVER leave me again. Do you hear me? If you ever fucking do that again, Bella, you will be in so much trouble."

She touched my cheek. "I had to pee, Daddy. The bathroom is out dere." she pointed.

I squeezed her close. "Bella, you ask to go first."

"I did. You boys was screaming and I sawd Uncle Mikey and Aunty Jenny outside anyways."

"But you have to ask Daddy."

"But yous was yelling. When my old daddy yelled he hitted people if they talked to him, Daddy. He was scary and I didn't want to make you be scary. I was just gonna pee and come back, Daddy. Honest."

Gerard took her from me and squeezed her. "We love you, baby. We won't hurt you. Okay? But remember how we told you about a mean man?"

"Yup. The Bertie dude."

"Well he's here, babe. And we thought he got you and hurt you. We don't want Bella hurt."

"But the mean guy can't hurt Bella, Daddy. You'll suck his blood, right?"

Gerard hugged Bella close. "I'm not recording shit today, Benson. Sorry. When are they leaving?"

"Two weeks. And you'll be touring then."

"Well then I guess there won't be an album."

"If there's no album, there's no tour. And there's no... MCR." Benson said.

Gerard looked down at Bella. "As long as there is a chance that Bert will be around her, I don't think there should be a MCR."

"Gerard, you're just nervous right now. Maybe you should think on it before you consider leaving the band." I said.

"Daddy and me can start a band and sing about ponies!" Bella cried happily. "And watch Barney!"

"Gerard..." Mikey started.

"I didn't mean you guys had to quit. I meant I had to quit. I don't think I wanna do it anymore."
"Gerard, quit." I said. "You're just getting worked up. Let's go get something to eat and come back, okay?"

Gerard nodded, sighing.

I lead him to a nearby restaurant and we sat in a booth, Bella between us.

"We can't quit MCR, Gee. The fans..."

"You could go back to school. Bella could start Kindergarten."

"We'll take care of that later! Gerard, this band-- it's everything to me. To you."

"Now Bella is everything. When I thought Bert hurt her I just--I--"

"Me too but I'm not quitting MCR." I said. "And you can't either, Gerard. Cause if you do we're gonna... we won't be able to be together." "What's this band got to do with me and you?"

"Because I don't want to quit the band! And you don't want to be in it."

"So?"

"I'm not having a log distance marriage, Gee."

"So if I quit we're done?"

"What is yous talking about Daddy?" Bella asked, tugging on Gerard's sleeve.

We both looked down at her.

"You're just gonna leave us?" I whispered, tears filling my eyes.

"I'm doing this for Bella!"

"You can't take her away from me!" I screamed.

"Frank, I'm not taking her away from you. I'm protecting her."

I stood up and stormed out.

"DADDY!" Bella sobbed after me, getting up and running behind me. Gerard threw money on the table and chased after us. Her.

How was he fucking doing this?

"DADDY!" Bella cried, sitting on the pavement.

"Hey, man, is that your kid?" some man asked, stopping me.

"Shut up, shut up!" I moaned, running onto the bus. Bob looked up at me as I threw myself into my bunk, sobbing.

I heard someone run onto the bus and Gerard was climbing into the bunk. "Frank..."

"I hate you! I hate you!" I said, hitting him repeatedly in the chest.

"I love you." he said.

"If you fucking loved me you w-wouldn't be doing this to me. To Bella. To us." I screamed.

"What's going on?" Bob asked.

"SHUT UP!" I shouted. "Get away from me, Gerard. Just fucking go!"

He didn't move.

"GO!"

"Frank...."

I pushed him off of me. "Just leave me alone, Gerard. I don't want to be around you. I want you to just drop dead!"

"Daddy! No!" Bella cried.

"Guys, stop! Don't do this in front of Bella!" Bob shouted.

Gerard sighed. "We'll deal with this later."

"We won't. It's dealt with." I turned to face him. "Yo-you're taking her an-and leaving." I started to sob.

"What?" Bob gasped.

"It's for her own good."

"What about my good? Or our good?" I screamed. "I th-thought I was more to you than... than... oh, god..." I began to cry harder than I ever had in my life.

“Frank, you’re being stupid.” Gerard snapped.

“You’re being—you’re just—I can’t fucking breathe. I can’t breath, I… I just…”

“Gerard, get away from him!” Bob shoved Gerard away from me roughly.

“I can’t breath, it hurts…” I muttered.

“What’s wrong?” Gerard asked, pushing past Bob and onto the bunk.

“I can’t see, my head hurts… I think I’m… I think…”

Everything went black.

Gerard's POV

"You're friend--."

"He's my husband."

"Not in America he isn't." The doctor snapped. "Your FRIEND suffered a minor anxiety attack. His body is under stress right now and something seems to have pushed him over the edge."

"Is he in a coma?"

"... No. He seems to go in and out..."

“Is he going to be okay?” I asked, following the doctor towards Frankie’s room.

“Unfortunately, in time.”

“U-unfortunately?”

“I’ll be frank with, Mr. Way. I do not like homosexuals. I think all homosexuals should burn in hell. The only reason I am dealing with your FRIEND is because I need a raise.”

“I don’t want you taking care of Frank. I want another doctor now.” I said.

“I’m sorry, but I’m the only one who is trained in the area. You can switch him to another hospital.”

“Fine. Do that.”

“But he is very unstable. A move like that would surely send him into a coma… a permanent coma. Which is what he deserves, really.”

I felt tears stinging my eyes. “H-He’ll stay here then. Can I see him?”

“If you must.” He held the door open for me. A pretty nurse was leaning over Frankie, quietly asking him questions.

I walked in and sat by him, taking his hands in mine.

“He can’t see. It’s only temporary.” The nurse said.

“H-He’s gonna be okay?” I asked shakily.

“Yes, he’ll be fine.” She smiled. “If you need anything push the call button and I’ll be right in.”

“Thanks.” I scooted close to Frankie. “Hey, babe.”

“Hi.” He whispered, turning his head towards me. I kissed his cheek. “You’re all blurry.” He said, reaching up to touch my hair. “Gerard, please don’t leave me… please.” Tears filled his green eyes.

“I’m not leaving.” I said, kissing the top of his head. “I’m so sorry I did this to you… I should’ve just shut up and you’d be mad at me, but not in a hospital.”

“How’s Bella?” he asked.

“She’s scared shitless.” I said. “They won’t let her in yet, Frankie.”

He sat up and I helped him. “Please don’t leave My Chemical Romance, Gee. Please.” He whimpered, tears pouring from his eyes. “I can’t lose you or Bella…. I can’t. I-I’ll kill myself, I’ll—.”

“Frank, you have to listen to WHY. I don’t want Bella hurt.”

“Sh-she’ll be fine, Gee.” He began to cry again. “I need you. I need you, Gerard. Without you I’m nothing. I’m shit without you. Please don’t leave me, Gee. Please.”

“Baby, let’s not talk about this now.” I said, wiping his teary eyes.

“I can’t even see you.” Frank whispered, stroking my cheek.

“I look pretty shitty about now.” I whispered back, kissing his fingers and cupping his face in my hands now. “I’m not going anywhere, Frank.”

“If you leave My Chem—.”

“I won’t leave My Chemical Romance unless something else happens, Frankie.” I said.

He began to cry again, this time smiling. “Thank you.” He sobbed.

“Oh, you’re welcome baby. You’re welcome.” I scrambled onto the bed and held him like if I let go he’d die or something until the nurse came back in.

“How are you feeling, Mr. Way?”

Frank tried to focus on her. “Fine.”

“You’re calling him Mr. Way?” I asked.

“The doctor is an ass, sir.” She said. “My little brother is gay. If you are married, his last name is Way, right?”

I smiled. “Right.”

“Can you see better Frank? Are you feeling tired or weak? Is it hard to stay awake?”

“No, yes, and yes.” Frank said, leaning on me.

“We’re going to put you into an induced sleep to—.”

“Is that safe where he’s at risk for a coma?” I asked.

“He should be fine.” She nodded. “You are welcome to stay with him over night.”

“Can I see Bella first?” Frank asked.

“How old is she?”

“Four.”

“She is really supposed to be older, but… I suppose. Shall I get her?”

“Thanks.” Frank smiled.

“I’ll go with you so she doesn’t get scared.” I said, kissing Frank’s cheek. “I’ll be right back.”

“Okay.” He smiled and cuddled into his blankets.

Frank’s POV

Gerard and the nurse had been gone a few minutes when someone stepped back into the room. I blinked on them, trying to focus. I felt a hand on my cheek.

“Gerard?” I asked, still trying to focus. I knew it wasn’t Gerard, but I wasn’t comprehending.

“Hello, Pretty Boy.”

“G-get away…” I whimpered. “Please…”

“If you want your medicine you’ll be a good little boy.”

“Who the fuck are you?” I whimpered.

“Your doctor, but of course.” I felt a hand slide up my thigh.

“Stop…” I moaned.

“I think you like it.”

“Get off… please.” I moaned as their hands moved up my gown. “No, please…”

I felt fingers slide into me and I began to cry, twisting around.

And then, suddenly, it was over and he was gone. Whoever it was.

I continued to cry, holding myself. I couldn’t see, I felt dizzy, and I needed Gerard. I needed him, where was he? Where was he?

Gerard’s POV

Frankie was sitting up and holding himself while crying when I walked in. I rushed over, Anna trailing behind me.

“Frankie, what’s wrong?” I asked gently, sitting by him.

“I don’t like it here… the doctor… he just… he…” Frank took a deep breath and shrunk towards me, beginning to cry again.

“What did he say?”

“He touched me… he… he fucking… he raped me….”

What? Frank, you're drugged. Are you sure?"

"I think I can fucking feel someone shoving their finger up my ass, Gerard!" he began to cry.

"Daddy, what's wrong? Is you owied?"

"Oh, baby... Gee, can I hold her?" Frank asked.

I lifted her onto the bed, in a daze. Who would I tell? If they moved Frankie I could lose him... but the doctor molested him...

God, is it ever going to end? Just for once I'd like a normal day. Normal.

Just fucking normal.

A Week Later…
Gerard’s POV

Since the first day Frankie got in the hospital I hadn’t left his side, only four times to use the bathroom. He was never left alone and I knew that the doctor knew I knew. (A/N: Wow that was a fun sentence to write. Hahaha.) Poor Frank was more miserable than I’d ever seen him. Even though he had his sight back and wasn’t disoriented, he was still pretty weak and exhausted and couldn’t do shit.

“Daddy, when is Daddy Frankie gonna come home with us?” Anna asked loudly, causing Frank to jump awake from his nap.

“Where’s the fire?” he asked, looking around.

I snorted and ruffled his long dark hair.

“Whas goin on? Have they come for our souls? I knew we shouldn’t have done that spell to get famous. I told you.” He muttered.

“Darling, we were big before you joined.”

“Oh.” He shrugged, rolled over, and fell back asleep. I don’t even think he remembers what the doctor did, and maybe that’s better