The Pros and Cons of Breathing

Part 19

"But Daddy when is he going to come home? Before my birthday? Cause I wants him to be there. I'm gonna be 5!" Anna said. "And he'd better hurry up cause May 3rd is in two weeks, buddy!"

"It is?" I gasped.

"Silly Daddy. You didn't forget, did you?"

"Of course not." I said, pulling her onto my lap. "And what is Miss Annabelle wanting for her birthday?"

"A pony and a horsey and a pony and another horsey."

"And where are you plannning to keep all of these horses, Missy?"

"That's easy, Daddy. Your underwear drawer."

"What is it w/ you people and underwear drawers?" I exclaimed.

Frank jumped awake. “Would you people quit doing that?” he snapped.

I kissed his hand, laughing.

“Good news.” Mikey announced coming in. I had told Mikey about what had happened and he’d been staying over a lot as well. “I heard the nurses talking. Frankie’s stable enough to transfer back to Jersey.”

“I give up.” Frank muttered, pulling himself up. “And why am I being transferred?”

I sighed. I didn’t know whether to tell him what had happened. I mean, wouldn’t it be better if he didn’t know he’d been raped?

“Cause it’ll be closer to my new pony!” Anna cried, jumping up and down excitedly.

“She…. Pony… WHAT?” Frank asked.

“Don’t confuse Daddy.” I said, sighing. I was sleep deprived and not in the mood to handle a hyper active child. Even if she’s my cute, sweet, and adorable hyperactive child.

Mikey must’ve sensed I was getting annoyed because he scooped up Anna. “Let’s go get some ice cream with Jenny and the baby.” He said.

She giggled. “Okay.”

“Pony?” Frank whispered after she left.

“She’s a four year old girl. Of course she wants a pony.”

“Did you tell her she could have one?” Frank asked.

“Of course not.” I sighed, sitting in the seat by him.

“I feel good enough to be home. Not good enough to tour but…” he trailed off. “Never mind.” He always trailed off after saying something about My Chem. I wondered if he remembered I’d told him I wasn’t leaving the band.

It isn’t like I want to leave the band. I just don’t want Anna getting hurt. I mean, she’s my baby. I can’t help but think maybe Frank and I shouldn’t be in a band. Maybe we should wait until she’s ten or something. Or quit all together.

But singing makes me happy.

I sighed again.

“Look… if you wanna quit My Chem…” Frank said, looking down at his legs. “I understand and… and there’s always phone, right?”

I was silent a while before saying, “Right.”

“And it doesn’t necessarily mean we’ll divorce, right? I mean… I only joined this fucking band to be with you and now you’re fucking quitting.” He threw himself against the back of the bed angrily.

“Frank, I already told you I’m not leaving My Chemical Romance.”

“You did?” He asked, looking up from his (quite adorable) pouting.

“Yeah.” I said, smiling slightly.

“Oh… okay! That’s good because now I don’t have to worry about roaming charges and losing a cell phone and all that shit… cause we all know I’m technology ignorant… heck, I’m ignorant period.”

I rolled my eyes, getting on the bed by him. “Maybe the nurse or doctor will come in later and we can ask about the transfer.”

He nodded, nuzzling me and taking my hand in his. “I love you, Gee.”

“Love ya too, babe.” I said, kissing his head.

“You know I don’t like the doctor too much. He’s kinda rude. And he apparently doesn’t like ‘damn fags’. As we both heard last time he came in.”

I rubbed his shoulder and back. “Don’t pay attention to the bastard for even a second. He’s shit.”

“He’s shit that’s giving me drugs. I don’t plan on being rude to him.” Frank snorted.

I rolled my eyes.

“No, seriously. That IV would be easy to just… like…. Poison. So Princess Frankie is going to be a very good boy.”

“But you have to be bad when we get home.” I whispered in his ear.

“I plan to.” He grinned at me and pressed his lips to mine.

Frank's POV
A Few Weeks Later...
May 3rd

"You... got... her... a... HORSE?! ARE YOU NUTS?!" I cried. It isn't enough I just got out of the hospital, but to wake up and find a horse in the living room? Oh God.....

Oh... my.... fucking.... god....

"GERARD! Get it out before she wakes up!"

“Frank, calm down!”

“There is a HORSE in my LIVING ROOM. I will not calm down, Gerard!” I yelped. “We don’t have a place for it! No one to take care of it. How the hell are you gonna get it to Canada?”

"I.... didn't think about that." he shrugged. "We'll work it out. It's all she wanted, Frankie."

"But... horse.... every girl wants a horse.... Gerard, get it OUT."

“A HORSE!!!!!!!!!!!!”

I turned around to see Bella running towards it. She threw her arms around one white leg, squealing.

“Thank you so much, Daddy!”

“It’s on rental, baby.” I said quickly.

“No, it isn’t.” Gerard glared. “Happy birthday, baby.”

She hugged Gerard, then hugged me tightly. “I loves it so much!”

“GERARD!” I mouthed. “YOU ARE IN TROUBLE.”

The horse neighed and made a grunting noise. I looked down to see a pile of horse shit on my carpet.

“Oh, god…” I moaned. “I’m gonna kill you, Gerard… oh, God….”

“It’ll be fine. Don’t get so worked up.” Gerard said.

“A horse… a fucking HORSE.” I moaned, putting my hands on my head. “A HORSE, Gerard… GOD!” I went towards the kitchen to make Bella some chocolate chip pancakes before I killed that evil horse. First hamsters, now a horse… a fucking horse….

“Daddy, it’s peeing!” I heard Annabelle giggle.

Oh god… doctor said no stress yesterday… does this count?

“Daddy, it’s a BIG piddle! Bigger than my head!”

Yes, I think it does….

I threw the skillet onto the pan, fuming. He could’ve at least asked first…

“All taken care of.” He’d said last night.

THIS IS TAKEN CARE OF?!?!?!?!

And of course he’s gonna want me to fucking drive her to the stable everyday to feed the damn thing…. And if it neighs one more time I’ll scream…. And kick Gerard in the balls.

“Daddy, come look at the pee!” Bella shrieked.

“Daddy’s cooking!” I called. Like she was even gonna eat them. Grr…. I was making them for HER after all. But nooooo. A damn horse.

A HORSE!!!!!!!!!!!

And they call this a fucking good marriage? What kind of communication do we have here? Let’s see. Last night:

“Gee, did you get her a doll or something for her birthday?”

“It’s all taken care of, babe.” Kiss on cheek. Roll over. Snore.

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT’S IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!! THE THING IS TALLER THAN ME!!!!!!!

“Frank, the horse is hungry!” Gerard laughed, coming in.

“Anna, go brush your teeth.” I said.

She shrugged and bounded upstairs.

“I AM GOING TO KILL YOU!” I hissed. “And get that thing out of my kitchen now!”

Gerard rolled his eyes. “You were like this w/ the hamsters too. You’ll get over it.” He sat down.

“A HAMSTER ISN’T A NINE FOOT HORSE! THE THING IS TALLER THAN ME!”

“Everything is taller than you!”

I threw the box of pancake mix at him, glared at the horse, and turned back to the stove, muttering “You better be glad you’re too far away for me to kick.”

“Frank, relax. You’ll make yourself sick.”

“YOU’LL make me sick! AND THAT DAMN HORSE!”

I sneezed.

“SEE?! DO YOU SEE?!?!?!”

“Now you’re being a hypochondriac, Frankie. Calm down before Anna hears.”

“A… horse… you could have warned me! To wake up to that thing….” I took the pancakes off the pan and put them on a plate. “BELLA HURRY!” I turned the oven off, put the plate on the table, and hit Gerard upside his head. Then I went into the living room, where the horse had migrated to.

“OH… MY… GOD!”

“MY COUCH! GERARD!” I screamed. “GET IN HERE!”

The horse looked up at me and stuffing fell from it’s mouth.

“I hate you, you big… you big… HORSE!”

Annabelle ran down. “Awww, bad horsey! No eat the furniture! It’s no good for you!” she put her hands on her hips.

Gerard came back. “Oh… shit… that’s coming out of MY pay check, isn’t it?”

“If you’re alive to GET a paycheck!” I growled, ushering Bella towards the kitchen. “Come eat, babe. C’mon.”

“Oh, you’ll be nice to her.” Gerard muttered.

“She didn’t buy a horse when I was in the hospital.” I said in a sing song voice. “And you better be cleaning that.”

Gerard grumbled and went to get carpet cleaner, muttering about how things always came back and kicked him in the butt.

“Better be glad it aint my foot up your butt.” I said, and then followed Bella into the kitchen. “And you better do something with that fucking horse.”

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIGH!

“Preach to the heavens, horse.” I muttered. “You’re gonna need it if HE’S taking care of you. Ask him who fed his hamsters yesterday after I got back from the hospital. Who? Me, that’s who. Me. Moi. Me.”

“Daddy, I loves my horsey!” Bella squealed. “Thank you.”

“Thank Daddy. And you better thank him good because he’d gonna be very grumpy for a while.”

“Why?”

“Lets just say he’s gonna be missing out on his bedtime kiss.”

Late That Night…

“Frankie, c’mon. I told you I was sorry about not asking first. But in my defense when I bought the damn thing you were high. It wasn’t a ‘wait three weeks’ thing. I had to buy it then.”

“Then where’s it been this whole time?” I snapped, pulling my pajama bottoms on.

“The fucking stable where I got it from.”

“And what about when we move to Canada? Or go on tour?” I asked.

“We’ll work it out, baby. Please, don’t be mad at me. I wanted to make Bella happy. It’s always you that does the fun stuff with her. She’s such a Frankie’s girl it isn’t even funny.”

“That isn’t true. You’re just looking for any excuse.”

“So? Is it working?”

I rolled my eyes and tugged on one of Gerard’s big T-shirts. “Look, I’m just tired, okay? Let’s talk about this tomorrow.”

“Tomorrow I’m taking Bella down to the stable and shit.” He said.

“Gerard, it’s twelve! I don’t want to talk about this!” I exclaimed. “I didn’t… Gerard, I just got out of the hospital! And you just—you spring this on me! I’m so stressed out now and everyone thinks I’m being the bad guy here. I just…. I just want sleep!”

“Then sleep.” He whispered, laying me down. “I’m sorry. I should’ve talked to you first.”

“You should have.” I said stubbornly as he pulled the covers over me.

“I’m gonna go check the coffee pot and shit. Sleep tight, babe.” He said, pressing a gentle kiss to my lips. Before he was out the door I was fast asleep….

The Next Day…
Gerard’s POV

I expected Frank to be over it the next day, and he was but only because he couldn’t even get out of bed. He was so exhausted that I could barely sit him up to eat. My instinct was to call his doctor, but he told me he was just tired so I listened.

“Daddy, when are we gonna go to the horsey’s home?”

“Baby, I think we need to stay home with Frank. He’s really sleepy and I wanna make sure he doesn’t get sick again.” I whispered, so as not to wake my sleeping Frankie.

“B-but Daddy….” Tears filled her eyes. “I wanted to see my horsey.”

“Baby…. Uh… c-call Mikey… bring me the phone or… look, I’ve gotta stay with Daddy incase he needs something.”

She grumbled and stomped off, slamming her bedroom door.

I sighed and rubbed Frank’s back. He was fast asleep, lying flat on his stomach with his head nuzzled against my thigh. He sighed contently and smiled, resting his hand on my thigh.

“Oh, babe. I love you.” I whispered, kissing the top of his head. Today was going to be a very boring day, I could tell, but at least there wasn’t any drama. Drama was something I could do without for a very long while…

A Week Later…
Gerard’s POV

Would you believe that Frank is still mad at me over the horse thing? Turns out, yeah. He is. He just wanted a good cuddle b/c he didn’t feel good.

I’ve been used. That’s what this is. He used me for a cuddle!

And now, a week later, he still has me—me, the beautiful and sexy Gerard Way—on sex deprivation. ME!!! How can he resist me, I mean?

Our marriage is a joke, I tell you. A big un-funny joke….

Gah, I’m horny again? A married man my age should not have to resort to jacking off.

Oh, just wait Frankie. I’ll have my revenge.

"But Frankie... please... I don't know what you want me to do. I can't take the thing back."

"You should have thought about that before you bought it." Frank said, pulling a t-shirt on. My God, has he lost weight... he just looks sexier than he's ever looked and I can't fuck him!

"Fraaaaaaaaaank, please. It's gonna fall off soon."

He rolled his eyes.

"You could very well be pushing me into the arms of another man. One who will LOVE me."

“I love you. I’m just not willing to have sex with you until you’ve learned your lesson.”

“Fine, fine. No more horses without asking you. I’m sorry. I’ve learned my lesson. On the bed, shorty!”

Frank rolled his eyes. “No. YOU are taking Bella to see that godforsaken horse today.”

“You aren’t coming?”

“Nope. I’m allergic.”

“Pshaw. Allergic, my ass.”

Frank pulled on his shoes.

“Then where are you GOING?”

“Out.” He said.

“Out?” I repeated.

“I’m gonna go see my mother, if that’s okay with you.”

I grumbled under my breath.

“Oh, if you didn’t want to go to the stable alone you shouldn’t have bought the horse.”

“You’re being real immature about this, y’know?”

“I’m 5 foot fucking 4. I’ll act my height, thank you.”

“You always do.” I muttered.

He threw his shoe at me.

“Ow!” I cried, massaging my head.

He grinned at me adorably. “Care to pass that back?”

I tossed the shoe back at him, aiming at his crotch. He jumped back and caught it, glaring. "I'm immature? You're the one trying to knock my fucking balls off."

I glared back. "You are the one depriving me of my sex, Frank."

"You deserve it."

"I do not!"

"You do so!"

"Not!"

"So!"

"Not!"

He pounced on me, knocking me onto the bed.

"Daddy, is we going?" Anna called.

"Daddy's busy, Bella!" Frank panted, undoing my pants.

Yes. I knew no on could resist me too long. Mwaha.

Frank’s POV

About twenty minutes later I got out from under Gerard, panting and sweaty. I wiped sweat off of my face and curled into my husband, wrapping his arms around me. He kissed my shoulders and necks and I curled farther into him, moaning.

“I should really get our daughter to her horse now.” He whispered.

“Mmh, I’m more important.” I said, snuggling into him.

“I know you are. But to her, the only thing that matters is seeing that horse. Who she as named Ray, I believe.”

“What?” I asked, arching my eyebrow.

“If she can’t have the Beast, she’ll take the Torosarus apparently.” Gerard laughed, kissing my shoulder.

“Oh lord.” I moaned. “Next thing you know she’s gonna be in love with Mikey.”

“That would just be wrong.” Gerard shuddered.

I ran my hand down his stomach, making him arch.

“I’m glad I’m off sex deprivation.” Gerard said cheerfully. “Though it seems like I’m on it a lot lately.”

I grinned. “That’s cause it’s a fun punishment to enforce.”

“I think it’s non-fun as in not fun.” Gerard whispered, kissing me.

“DADDY! MY PONY IS WAITING AND WE MUST GO NOW!” Annabelle called, banging repeatedly on the door.

Gerard and I sighed and I pushed Gerard’s hair out of his eye.

“This whole parent thing… yeah, it gets kinda old kinda quick.” Gerard laughed.

“Oh, you loved her and you know it. You say I spoil her? You bought her a fucking horse. A horse.”

“I am sorry. I didn’t think you’d care.” He said, kissing my hand.

“It’s okay, I suppose. Just try and get her to name it something else, huh?”

“Okay, I’ll try.” He got out of bed and pulled boxers on.

“Mmh, yummy.” I said, grinning as he bent over to pick up his black jeans.

“Remember that when you’re having coffee with your mother.” He said, then batted his eyelashes and left.

“I LOVE YOU!” I called out the window.

They waved, yelled it back, and got into Gerard’s car.

I got out of bed, took a quick shower, and rushed to mom’s house….

Gerard’s POV

“I’ve got a new favorite song, Daddy!” Annabelle shrieked, running into the living room where Frank and I sat.

“Oh, have you?” Frankie asked, scooping her up. “What is it?”

“Hang ‘Em High?” I asked.

“No, Daddy. I’s got bored of Daddy’s Ickle Romance and put on the wabio. And they played this good song, Daddy.”

“What was it called?”

“My Humps, My Humps, My lovely lady lumps!” she clapped happily. “And the other one was aint no yellow backed Earl. And riding birdy!”

“God help us.” Frank gasped. “My baby is listening to rap.”

“Must find Revenge!” I shrieked running and grabbing Revenge. I began blaring Prison and took Anna from Frank. “Sit it with me.”

“No, Daddy. I gonna go and listen to My Humps.”

“IN THE MIDDLE OF A GUNFIGHT!” I shrieked, drowning her out. I began dancing around, swinging her. She looked seriously agitated at this point and tried to bite me, but I continued. “IN THE MIDDLE OF A RESTAURANT THEY SAY COME WITH YOUR ARMS RAISED HIGH!”

“WELL THEY’RE NEVER GONNA GET ME, LIKE A BULLET THROUGH A FLOCK OF DOVES!” Frank shouted with me.

“DADDY! PUT ME DOWN!” Anna began hitting me on top of my head.

“TO WAGE THIS WAR AGAINST YOUR FAITH, IN MEEEEE. YOUR LIFE WILL NEVER BE THE SAME!” We shouted over her.

“I NO LISTEN TO THIS, DADDY. I WANT TO LISTEN TO DADDY YANKEE!”

“ON YOUR MOTHERS EYES SAY A PRAYER! SAY A PRAYER-YER!”

Then, suddenly, I dropped her and fell to the floor. She ran off, giggling.

“Are you okay?” Frank gasped, turning the music off.

“She kicked me in the balls!” I grunted as he helped me stand.

“Oh, I’ll make it better.” Frank said, placing his hand over my problem. He began to gently massage me, causing me to moan and tilt my head back. He kissed my neck, smirking. “That better, baby?”

“I think it still hurts a little.” I said in the most adorable voice I could muster.

He continued to massage me and I pressed my lips to his, sliding my tongue into his mouth.

“Daddy, what is you doing?” Anna asked, putting her hands on her hips.

We jerked away and I stumbled back.

“Daddy needed his pants button buttoned.” Frank said instantly, blushing and licking his lips.

Anna was quiet a few minutes, then nodded. “Okay.” She shrugged, and then went into the kitchen.

I looked at Frank, and then burst out laughing.

“What?” he asked.

“I think we should take this to the bedroom.”

“Oh, should we?” he grinned.

“We should.” I nodded, taking his hand and dragging him upstairs…

Frank’s POV

“And NO RAP.” I said to Mikey. Gerard and I were going to have a night alone before our new tour on Warped came up because Mikey was gonna watch Bella. Only tomorrow we were watching his baby, so it was all even.

“I know, I know.” Mikey said. “Just GO.”

“You know the number—.”

“She’s five, okay? Even she knows the number. And I’m a father too, remember? I can handle it.”

“Do you need her insurance card? Gee, it’s in your wallet. Can you—.”

Gerard yanked me behind him. “Bye, Mikey and Anna. See ya tomorrow.”

“The card, Gerard!” I grunted as he forced me down the stairs.

“He will be fine without the damn card, Frank. Come on.”

“I just want one more hug, Gerard.” I whimpered, struggling to break free of his grasp. Though since he was bigger and taller than me it was a pretty pathetic fight.

“In the car, babe.” Gerard said, opening my door.

“Let me hug my damn daughter.”

“She’s already watching Goblet of Fire, Frankie. You’ll see her in the morning.”

“I want to see her now.”

Gerard shoved me into the car and shut the door.

“Fuck you.” I muttered, reaching over and unlocking his door.

“That’s why he’s keeping her, duh.” Gerard teased.

“So all you want is my sex?” I asked, offended. “Well, I shouldn’t be surprised.”

“Yes, I know. I’m a terrible person, for wanting to have sex with my husband without my daughter walking in on us.”

I smiled at him. “I love you.”

“I love you too.”

“Okay, let’s go home now. I’m ready to fuck.”

Gerard laughed and we pulled out of the driveway.

Gerard’s POV
The Next Day…

“She was awful.” Mikey moaned as soon as Anna was out of earshot. “I mean, awful. She was a brat.”

“I’m sorry.” I said, wincing. “It’s the baby. You know she gets jealous. She’s the one that gets the attention from Frankie and I. Now you’re main focus is Katie. How is she, by the way?”

“She’s fine.” Mikey said, handing Katie to me.

Anna came back into the room. “Is the smelly baby staying?”

“Yes, the smelly baby is staying.” I said, glaring. “Go find Daddy and tell him how you were a bad little girl.”

“But I wasn’t, Daddy. I was good.” Anna insisted. I was only mean to the baby because she was mean first.”

I glared again. “You know what we talked about, babe. You were supposed to be a good girl and you weren’t.”

“But the baby pulled my hair, Daddy!”

“Go to your room, babe.”

“I hate you! You is meaner than my old daddy!” she screamed before stomping off.

Frank came into the room. “What was that about?” he asked, looking after her.

“You’re daughter’s first time out.” Mikey said.

Frank put his hand on my arm and smiled. I didn’t smile back. I couldn’t believe she had said that? I know she didn’t mean it. She’s only five. But still… I mean... to say I’m worse than someone who beat her? I would never touch her like that.

“Oh, Gee. Don’t listen to her.”

“She didn’t tell you she hated you.” I snapped before going off to the kitchen.

Frank’s POV

After calming Gerard down I decided to go talk to Bella. She was in her room reading when I walked up.

“Hi Daddy!” She said happily.

“Baby, do you remember what you said to Gerard earlier?” I asked gently.

“About hating him cause he’s like my old daddy? I remembers.”

“Well it hurt Daddy’s feelings. Why did you say that?”

“Because Daddy made you cry and he was being mean.”

“Daddy didn’t make me cry.”

“Uh-huh. Before you got sick.” She insisted, nodding.

I sighed and sat down by her. “Sometimes people say things that they don’t mean when they’re mad, worried, or scared. Kinda of like you when you said Gee was like your old daddy. Do you really think Gerard would ever hit you?”

“I dunno cause he beated up that one guy. And I heard talking about Daddy used to drink bad drinks and do bad things. And he wasn’t very nice then or something. Only now he doesn’t but they says its only a matters of time before he starts again.”

“Daddy will never hit you, do you hear me?” I said, looking at her. “Never ever ever. Ever. He could never hurt you because he loves you. Like me. Maybe even a tad more than me seeing as he got you that nice horsie.”

She nodded and climbed on my lap, hugging me.

“Now why don’t you go tell Gee you’re sorry and you don’t hate him?”

“Fine.” She sighed, waltzing out of the room. “DADDY RETARD! WHERE IS YOU?!”

I rolled my eyes. “Lovely way to start an apology…. Hmmm, if it works maybe I’ll start doing that.”

Frank’s POV

That night Bella went to bed early and while Gerard was in the shower, I watched Katie. She was so tiny and adorable. I felt myself wanting nothing more than a baby of my own. I love Bella more than anything in the world, but she’s growing up on me. She isn’t my baby, she’s my big girl.

But I knew we weren’t even supposed to have Bella. If we went for a baby, there was a chance they would take Bella away. I couldn’t handle that.

The only thing that is going to suck about this touring is that the Used will be there for the first half of Warped. There was no way around it. But now things were so big with My Chem that we, as a band, had two body guards not counting Seth. Not to mention how crowded our bus would be with Mikey, Jenny, Katie, Bob, Amanda, Ray, his girlfriend (Whom I haven’t met yet.), Gerard, Bella, and I. Then our road crew, drivers, body guards. So I wasn’t too worried. Of course it was in the back of my mind, but it always was.

Plus Brian had already threatened to kill Bert if he went near us.

And Brian has been known to keep promises. That’s why I don’t play Strip Poker with him. Or any kind of poker…. Or card game, actually. I kind of suck at cards.

Katie began to fuss and I leaned over her bassinet, wanting to be closer in case she started to cry. Gerard came in, only in a towel.

“Hey.” I smiled at him, looking down his body.

He rolled his eyes. “What, you didn’t get enough last night?” he laughed, stepping into our closet.

“I can never get enough of you.” I grinned.

“I know. I’m just so sexy it should be illegal.”

I rolled my eyes and stood up, following him into the closet. “I’m gonna take a shower now.”

He grinned at me. “I wish I could join.”

“Before we go on tour, we will have shower sex.” I whispered.

“YES!” Gerard jumped in the air, towel falling down.

“Ooh, I’ve missed you.”

Gerard’s POV

It was five in the morning when I woke up, the day we were to go on tour. Frankie was sleeping next to me, arms tightly around my waist.

“Frankie…. Frank, wake up.”

He moaned and rolled over, curling into me.

“C’mon, babe.” I said, shaking him.

He sat up, looking at me sleepily. “What Gee?”

“Let’s go take a shower.”

“You woke me up for sex?” he grumbled, standing up.

I grinned innocently. “You promised.”

“Well a promise is a promise.” He said, a smirk coming to his face.

I stood up and scooped him into my arms. He began laughing loudly.

“Shh, Anna’s sleeping.”

“I know. Isn’t it great?” he giggled.

We went into the bathroom and I tripped over a pair of jeans. I barely caught myself, holding Frank close. I was still protective of him, not wanting another head injury.

“That was close.” I laughed.

Frank whipped off his shirt and pajama pants excitedly.

“So sexy.” I said, looking down his body.

“And fat.” He muttered.

I kissed him, shaking my head. “You aren’t fat.”

“I am.” He said, pushing my T-shirt over my head. “And you, my love, are pale.”

“I wouldn’t have it any other way.” I said, sliding my hands down to his boxers. He closed his eyes and tilted his head back, moaning. I moved us back closer to the shower, pulling his boxers down. Someone was very happy to see Gerard.

He pulled my boxers down and we got into the shower. Hands were roaming and we made out for ten minutes with the water still off when there was a bang on the door.

“DADDY I HAVE TO PEE!”

Frank was panting and he moaned, banging his head against the wall.

“Use the bathroom downstairs!” I called.

“But I’m scared, Daddy.” She said.

“Wait here, sugar.” I whispered, kissing Frank and pulling my boxers on. I quickly pulled on my pajama pants and went out. “Let’s go downstairs baby.”

“What is you two doing in there? Is you gonna get locked in again?” she asked, putting her hands on her hips.

“When you’re married you’ll know what we’re doing.”

“Ewwww. I bet you were kissing. Yuck!” she shuddered.

I laughed. “Kissing Frankie isn’t yuck. But only I can.”

“Good, cause it’s icky.” She said, going into the bathroom. I stood outside the open door, staring at the ceiling. I could still hear Frank banging his head against the ceiling and instantly wished he’d be careful. God, I’ve turned into a worry wart.

“I is done, Daddy. Helps me reach the sink.”

I came in. She giggled adorably. She was wearing a cute—AH! I mean hideous— Disney gown. She’d insisted on getting it. Who was I to refuse her?

Can you believe Frank threatened to take all the money away? He says I keep on wasting it on stuff she doesn’t need because we’re gonna be on a tour bus.

Who’s to say she won’t need a trampoline on the tour bus?

Okay, maybe I shouldn’t have bought the trampoline. But the doll house as tall as her was completely justified.

I held her to the sink while she washed her hands, singing Happy Birthday. Mikey had taught her that. But really, what adult sings Happy Birthday when they wash their hands? Answer that, Jeeves.

Ahahaha. Get it? Ask Jeeves?

Okay, maybe it’s too early.

I put Anna back in bed, humming Jenny Was A Friend of Mine. She was out almost instantly and I practically ran to the bathroom down the hall. Frank was waiting, bobbing his head to the music in his brain. Either that or he’s gone loony.

“Here’s Geraaaard.” I said, mimicking The Shining.

“Ooh, yay. Come play with me, Gerard.” Frank giggled.

I came over and got into the shower with him.

“Thank you, God.” He sighed happily, turning the water on. I pushed him against the wall, grinning. “I love you, babe.”

“I love you too. Now hurry up and turn around before Bella wakes up…”

Frank's POV

"It always seems so much quicker, though." I said, making pancakes.

"It does not." Gerard grumbled. "That's just b/c we don't have sex a lot anymore."

"Okay." I shrugged. "Maybe you're right."

"Are you inquiring I'm old?" Gerard scoffed.

"You did have a gray hair, babe."

"I do not! Did not! Never!"

"Yes, you did. I pulled it while you were sleeping." I smirked to myself. Of course I hadn't. It was just fun to get him riled up.

"I have to get my hair dyed NOW." he said, standing up.

"Gee, you're like 27. You're fine." I laughed.

“Apparently I’m old enough for gray hairs!” Gerard pouted.

“I was kidding, baby.”

“But you are displeased with our sex life.” He whimpered.

“No, I’m not. I’m quite pleased with it.” I said, taking his pancakes off of the burner and putting them on a plate.

”Well you better be.” He whined, digging into his pancakes.

I sat down with mine next to him, digging into mine as well. Bella was still asleep and she would be for another hour. Gee and I had decided to stay up after our little fuck fest. I have to clean the shower before we leave or I’ll forget and let Bella bathe in there when we get back in November.

We ate in silence, then both washed and dried the dishes. Everything was packed except the essentials that we would need so we had nothing to do.

“Wanna make out?” Gerard asked.

“What are we, sixteen?” I laughed.

He arched his eyebrow.

“Okay, lets make out.”

“Daddy, are you two kissing again?”

I nearly jumped out of my skin, turning to look at my daughter.

“Ewww, you were. Icky.”

I smiled at her. “C’mon, babe. I’ll make you some yummy waffles.”

“With chocolate chips, daddy?”

“If that’s what you want.”

“Can I help, Daddy? I’m big enough now. I should be in school soon. Is I going to school?”

“I dunno, sweetie. We’ll see closer to time.” I said, leading her into the kitchen. Gerard was left grumbling on the couch.

“Daddy, why is you and Daddy staying locked in rooms without Annabelle for long periods of time?”

I looked at her, arching my eyebrow.

“I heard Mikey say it.” She said. “He says it lots. He drinks coffee too. Can I have coffee this morning?”

I poured her some apple juice, hiding the bottle from view. “Here it is.”

She tasted it. “Yummmmmy.”

I laughed. She hated apple juice.

“I want more, Daddy.” She said, holding the cup towards me.

“Daddy’s making your waffles. Hang on.” I said, reaching for her cup while making her waffles.

“Daddy, why does Mikey make his coffee in a bot and you in the frige-a-tator?”

“Uhm… cause ours is special. It’s for pretty little girls just like you.”

She giggled and grinned, blushing and looking down. I ruffled her hair and poured her more juice, then handed it to her.

“Daddy, is I your little princess?”

Oh great. She wants something.

“It depends on how expensive it is.” I said.

“Huh? What’s that mean?”

“Nothing. Of course you’re my princess, baby.”

“Oh… okay.”

“What do you want, babe?”

“Can we take my horsey with us? He can sleep with me. Everyone else has somebody.”

“But you have two people. Gee and I.”

“It doesn’t count, Daddy. You is married and kissy.”

“You planning on kissing that horse?” I put her waffles on a plate and tickled her belly.

“No, Daddy.” She giggled.

“Okay then. The horsey will stay here so Mom can look after him.”

“But what if she forgets, Daddy? He could go hungry.” She insisted.

“Eat, babe.” I said, sitting her in her chair.

“B-but, Daddy. I can’t leave him all alone. He’ll be lonely.”

“He’ll be fine, sweetie. Unless you eat your pancakes and drink your coffee.”

She drank her ‘coffee’, glaring darkly at me.

I kissed her cheek. “Ooh, babe. I love you.”

“Bad Daddy.” She pouted.

Gerard’s POV

“You want… the horse on the bus?”

“Uh-huh, Daddy. He can sleep with me.”

“But, Bella… it’s not that big.”

“A trailer, daddy. I can sleep in the trailer withs him!”

“I… uh… the last time I made a decision I was out sex for weeks, Bella. You’re gonna have to talk to Daddy.”

Tears filled her blue eyes. “B-but… He hates my horsey!”

“He doesn’t hate your horsey.” I said.

“B-but…”

Oh no. Tears and the pout. Only Frankie could resist it. Aaah, help me! I need sex! The horse would be too much trouble!

But her sweet face. Ooooh, man. Why’d she have to be so damn cute?

“FRANK! I NEED YOU!” I called.

Frank came in.

Bella burst into tears. “I WANT MY HORSEY!!!!!”

“Oh, babe…” I said.

“Don’t baby her. It’s irrational, Gerard. We can’t take the horse.”

“But her face… Frank, look.”

“Gerard, we can not give her EVERY thing she wants.”

“B-but….” I said.

“Gerard, no. It’s what she wants. She knows you’ll give her anything because you always do.”

“We have the money.” I whispered.

“No.” he said firmly. “No, no, no. I refuse to let that horse go. Why the hell should we take a fucking horse to Warped? For one, it’s fucking burning up.”

“Daddy, please!” Bella sobbed.

“Frankie!” I moaned, pointing.

“Let her throw a fit. Let her get angry. Let her. We can’t do it. We can’t.”

“We can, though. That’s the thing.”

“We can’t spoil her or she’ll be a brat!” Frank snapped. “If you go behind my back on this, Gerard, you’ll be sorry.”

“But Frank!”

“No buts. She doesn’t need the horse with her. Mom’s gonna look after it.”

“DADDY!” Bella sobbed, stomping her foot. “I WANT MY HORSEY!”

“Frank, I—.”

“Gerard, why? Why being the horse?”

“Because she wants to.” I said.

“SOOO? Look, I want a lot of things. You want the red convertible. I want a green Stratocaster. We don’t get everything even if we have the money. And she doesn’t need the horse more than need a guitar or you need that car.”

“What’ll it hurt?” I whined.

“Your sex life.” He whispered.

Oooh, that was low, Frank. Low.

“B-But I am THE Gerard Way. How can you simply deny me sex? I’m just… irresistible.”

Frank’s eyes widened and he glared. “Fine. Might as well take the damn thing because you aren’t getting sex for a while anyway.”

“Frank, what for? It was a JOKE.”

“It bloody was not.”

“You aren’t British, dumbass!” I called.

Annabelle giggled.

“Bella, quit. You aren’t taking the horse. Go get your toys.” Frank snapped.

Anna began to cry again, running upstairs.

Then, for the first time in forever, Frank and I had a full blown fight. We tried talking quietly for a while, then began screaming in each other’s faces. About nothing.

“FUCK YOU!” Frank yelled and stormed upstairs.

“WHAT DID I EVEN DO?!” I shouted.

I heard out bedroom door slam.

"I AM SO KICKING YOU IN THE BALLS THE NEXT TIME WE'RE ON STAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Not again!" I moaned. “It isn’t like I did anything. Can I help that she’s the cutest thing in the world? No. Yet I’m punished. Aah, marriage sucks. It used to be all fun and games…. I’m never buying the birthday present again. And I really need to quit talking to myself.”

Later that day…
Frank’s POV

“Let me get this straight. You’re fighting because of the horse. AGAIN?” Mikey asked me.

“Among your brothers cock getting the better of him, yes.”

Mikey rolled his eyes. “Whatever. As long as the horse isn’t coming, who cares.” He turned and left.

I stayed in my bunk, glaring at the ceiling.

I really hated being married to Gerard sometimes.

It just seemed like we were closer before. Now it's 'can you clean this' 'can you cook' 'can you blow me' No 'I love you Frank.' no 'You're so important to me.'

I knew I shouldn’t have gotten him those damn hamsters. He loves them more than me, I bet. He's gotten so cocky I'm just his fuck buddy. It's like I'm his maid and prostitute or something.

God.