Status: completed

After School Special

Part 1

Dean Winchester sat in the passenger's seat of his dad’s Impala patiently. He, along with his father and his brother Sam, had been driving for what seemed like forever, but Dean didn't mind. He liked being on the road with his family. He liked hunting. It was where he belonged.

But now it was time for school again; Dean’s junior year. This time, he’d be going to high school in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Sam and Dean would stay behind with Bobby, who was practically a second father to them, while their dad would go chase down demons, wendigos, spirits, and other supernatural beings.

“Sammy, wake up, we’re here,” John, their father, said to the thirteen year old kid in the backseat. Sure enough, the familiar scrapyard appeared into view.

Dean and Sam dragged themselves out of the Impala and their father drove off. There was no goodbye as usual, just the typical “Watch out for Sam until I get back.” Most teenagers wouldn’t listen if they were told this, but Dean was a good little soldier and Sam was all he had. Dean would die for him.
Dean knocked on the front door, which immediately opened. Bobby stood before them wearing his usual cap and holding a beer. The Winchester boys just stood there for a bit, not really knowing what to say.

“Well, are you comin’ in or not, ya idjits?” asked Bobby, who just took a swig of his beer as he turned around.

The boys followed him, closing the door behind them.

~~~~~~

First bell rang just as soon as Dean entered school. “Great,” he murmured, “Late on the first day.” He rushed down the hall, accidentally bumping into someone, spilling his books.

“Oh, I’m sorry!” a gruff voice spoke, leaning down to pick up a notebook.

“No, no, it’s my fault, I should’ve watched where I was--” Dean got a good look at the boy. He wasn’t half bad, in fact, he was rather adorable with his messy brown hair and slightly disheveled tie. “Where I was uh...”

“Going?” the boy said, letting the corners of his mouth turn upwards. He was unbelievably cute, sort of like a little puppy or kitten.

“Yeah... that’s what I was going to say.” Dean attempted to give the boy his signature flirtatious smirk.
“I haven’t seen you before, you’re the new kid right? Wincluster or something?”

“Dean,” he said, straightening himself out, trying to remain calm. “Dean Winchester.”

“Nice to meet you Dean, I’m Castiel,” he spoke in a complete monotone. “And I believe we are incredibly late for class.”

“I uh... Class, right! We’re in school, I need to get to... class.” Dean stumbled past Castiel, still trying to remain calm. Did the temperature suddenly increase by ten degrees?

“See you later, Dean and good luck with the whole ‘first day’ thing.”

“Yeah... thanks Castiel.”

They both turned around and headed their separate ways. Dean slapped his forehead and hissed at himself, “Stupid, stupid, stupid! Winchester, compose yourself, he’s just some boy that you accidentally ran into in the hall.”

But Castiel wasn’t just some boy, he was much much more than that. And Dean knew it.