Status: completed

After School Special

Part 2

Dean stood at the front of the cafeteria with his tray of food. This was the worst part of the day when you were the new kid with no friends. Dean just sat alone and ate silently until there was a hand on his shoulder.

“Come,” gruffed Castiel.

Dean didn’t question him. He just got up and followed him to another lunch table, where a boy and girl were arguing and another boy just sat and watched.

Castiel cleared his throat and the three of them glanced up. “You guys, this is Dean. Dean, this is Gabriel,” he gestured to the boy who hadn’t been arguing. “Uriel,” the boy who had, “And Anna,” the pretty redhead who was now checking Dean out.

Dean nervously sat down next to Castiel. The pounding questions would be blurted out in three, two...
“So Dean, where are you from?” inquired Anna, toying with her food.

“Uh... From all around. My family just kind of travels around a lot...”

Uriel eyed Dean curiously. “Why?”

“Oh uh... My dad’s job kind of requires it. It’s either my brother and I travel with him or never see him.”

Dean could now feel Castiel’s gaze on him, intensely staring. He wanted to change the subject so desperately. He cleared his throat and questioned, “So uh... What were you guys arguing about? If you don’t mind my intrusion...” His voice got smaller and smaller the longer he felt Castiel’s eyes on him.

“Oh Uriel here,” Anna spoke, “Doesn’t want to go to the huge party at Gabriel’s tonight. You’ll come, right?”

“I uh...” Dean glimpsed at Castiel for help.

“You should come,” Castiel practically whispered. “I think you’d like it, Gabe throws the best parties.”

“I mean... I guess I could come...” Dean spoke, trying to remember to breathe when he was looking at Castiel.

“Cool!” Anna shrieked and then continued rambling about how great the party was going to be now that the hot new kid was coming.

Dean didn’t pay attention to what she was saying, he just kept staring at Castiel, taking in his presence. He loved the way how Castiel sometimes spoke out of the corner of his mouth when he started his sentences, the way his blue eyes were really looking at you when you talked, like he was trying to stare into your soul.

Dean realized that it was probably weird that he was just checking Castiel in front of everyone. He forced himself to turn his head, trying to enter the conversation. A couple of smart-ass remarks and the occasional subtle flirtation and Dean fit right in, like the five of them had known each other for ages.

~~~~~~~~

A loud car horn sounded from the outside of Bobby’s house.

“Dean, your friends are here!” Sam yelled from the other room.

“Yeah, yeah, I’m coming!” Dean responded, checking himself out in the mirror for one last time. He shouldn’t be this nervous, it was just a highschool party... Which he was attending with an extremely cute, angelic boy.

The car horn blazed again and Dean walked out of the bathroom and started towards the front door. “See you later Sammy. Don’t forget to eat something, I’ll be back by midnight, don’t go wandering around outside--”

“Dean, I got it,” interrupted Sam. “I’m thirteen, I can take care of myself. Plus Bobby’s here, you don’t need to worry.”

“Sorry, I’m just... Not used to having an adult around to... watch over you... you know just incase and...”

“Dean, no chick-flick moments, remember? Go have fun for once!” Sam encouraged as he pushed Dean out the door.

Dean stumbled a bit but luckily recovered himself before he fell over. He sauntered over to the passenger’s side and slid in.

“It’s about time,” Castiel spoke smiling.

It was a good thing Dean was sitting down because he could feel his knees go weak. “Yeah, sorry about that.” Dean spoke shyly as he stared down at his knees, praying that they would return to their normal, not-nervous-around-cute-boys state.

~~~~~~~

A couple hours later, Dean, Castiel, and Anna were sprawled out on a couch in Gabriel’s very noisy living room, drunk.

“So Dean,” giggled Anna, “You’re really cute.”

“Yeah,” laughed Dean, “I’m freaking adorable.”

“You know what I do with cute boys...” Anna was dangerously close to Dean’s face now and Dean was too drunk to think anything of it.

“What?”

“This,” she grinned deviously.

Anna leaned in, caressing Dean’s lips. Dean kissed back, not even really realizing what he was doing. He placed his hand on the small of her back, pulling her in closer. Her lips were so soft and Dean wanted to take it all in. Take every inch of Cas in, but-- Anna! Not Castiel!

Dean quickly pushed Anna away and looked wide eyed at Castiel, who was just staring at him in shock. Dean had just kissed his crush’s best friend in front of his crush.

“I uh...” Dean hesitated. “I um... Need to get some fresh air.” He shot off the couch and out the nearest exit, dodging all of the other drunk high schoolers.