Status: I might be constantly re-editing and revising so please stick with me

Jumper

Why Are YOU Here?

I bang on my front door. "Evan! Evan! Can you open up the door? I left my key in my room?" Could my little brother get off of his xBox for just once? Just before I was a bout to give up, I hear footsteps on the other side. The door knob turns slowly and I find myself staring into two balls of glowing sapphire. "What the hell are YOU doing here?" I demand.

Chris just shrugs. "My parents wanted to come over. They're here too." He leaned in close and whispered, "You might want to change; they won't like that you wear somewhat revealing clothing to school. Your mom wouldn't like them seeing you like that either."

I glare at him. "You know? I really don't like you being at my home?" He just smiled at me. I groaned and reaced up the steps so I could look like a freaking nun for his parents. I hear a gentle rap at my door. "Just a second," I say as the door pushes open. Whoever it was didn't hear my warning and I hurried up pulling my sweater over my torso. Someone coughed and I whirled around. Chris stood there awkwardly blushing.

"If someone says just a second, you should really wait before you just barge right in." Chris continued staring at the floor, his tan skin looking like a tomato. "Chris? It's fine. Just don't do it again."

"I'm really sorry. I didn't know." He kept staring at the pattern in my carpet. "I just came up because they were getting impatient down there."

I toched his shoulder hoping it would relax him. I have no idea why I felt compelled to make him feel at ease, but I did. "Relax. You're fine." He shrugged my hand off his shoulder.

"Come on. They're waiting for us." He just waltzed out of my room leaving me utterly confused. Wasn't this the same guy who said that he wanted this marriage? I'm so confused. I had better go downstairs though unless I wanted hell to pay. When I walked into the sitting room, everyone was sitting in a circle.

"Uh, is this an intervention or something?" I asked wearily.

"No, of course not darling," my mother's voice cooed. "We just wanted to plan the wedding. So I was thinking that the Venue should be this beautiful chapel just in the town over but Anne, Chris' mother, wants it to be at the beach. What do you think? And should the color of the napkins be ivory or champagne? Should we have roses or lilies at the event?" My mother just continued to run her mouth endlessly about a wedding she was obviously excited about. I couldn't be farther from it. Sometime during figuring out what the flavor of the cake should be, I completely zoned out and was taken to another time.

It was my sophomore year, when I first met Devon. His gorgeous brown hair was slightly tussled but landed perfectly on his angelic features. It was our first date. He had taken me to the bluff and I remember that I was so scared. He held my hand and jumped with me. He screamed that it would be okay, and it was. We had our first kiss in that water. I was shaking like a cold, wet dog and he held me so close that I could feel every bend in his muscular body. I layed my head against his chest and breathed deeply. He ran a single hand through my hair and I glanced up to look into his beautiful eyes. That's when he kissed me. And I swear to God that that kiss showed me everything I ever wanted. I saw brief flashes of what our life would be like, our first kiss, our first dance, him standing at the end of the aisle, our first child, us growing old together in our rocking chairs, everything. It might sound crazy but that's what I saw in my minds eye. My lips quivered just thinking about that kiss. "Cassie?"

I woke up from my memories with a cold splash of reality. Chris sat next to me, his hand on my knee. Everyone else had gone. "What do you want?" I asked him. "Why are you here?"

"What do I want? Cassie, all I ever wanted was someone like you. All I ever wanted is you."