Status: Welcome to the Other Side of my Mind

I'm Tired of Begging for the Things That I Want

I Think Your Mouth Should Be Quiet 'Cause It Never Tells the Truth

"Vic, come on, we're gonna be late!" Shaylah called, already halfway down the hallway. The tardy bell was bound to ring any second now, but Vic was taking his time gathering his things and closing his locker. He was really tired; he had been partying with the team last night and there had been drugs and booze. A lot of drugs and booze. He was very much hungover and the last of the drugs were fading from his system. He looked and and Shaylah was already gone, she was afraid of being late. Such a goody-two-shoes, Vic thought to himself. Sometimes he wondered why he picked her. He was probably at a party when he met her; probably under the influence too. He wandered through the halls, considering just skipping. Lost in his thoughts, he ran right into someone.

"Hey, watch it!"

Vic looked up and saw big, blue orbs staring right back at him.

"Dude, are you stoned? Or drunk? Hungover?"

Vic just kind of nodded. He knew this guy. His name was...Kevin? No, no, it was Kellin. Shaylah had warned him about this guy. She said that he likes to fuck boys, tie them up in a closet, and erase their memories. There were shitloads of rumors about Kellin, and he wondered if any of them were true. All the rumors about him being gay, taking boys, fucking them senseless...

"Hey, I asked you a question," Kellin said, obviously annoyed at how inattentive Vic was being.

"Oh...Sorry, what did you say?"

Kellin sighed a bit. "I asked, what the fuck are you doing out of class."

"I could ask you the same thing."

Kellin laughed. "Seriously? I never go to class. And I never see you out here, which leaves me with the question. What the fuck are you doing out here?"
Vic shrugged. Kellin rolled his eyes and muttered, "Just another goody-goody idiot, just like his girlfriend."

Vic grabbed Kellin's shirt. "I'm no goody-goody."

Kellin raised his eyebrows to where his hair covered them. "Oh yeah? Prove it."
Vic grabbed his wrist and stomped right through the school's front doors. He'd show Kellin that he was no goody-goody. "Hey, hey," Kellin said from his side. "Y-You're holding my wrists a little too tight.." Vic instantly let go of his wrists. He heard about the rumors that Kellin cut himself. Now he knew that it was true.

"You're an emo faggot," Vic said. He didn't mean to say it, really he didn't. He was still under the influence. He saw the anger set in Kellin's eyes, and bit his lip.

"Fuck you! I thought you were cool and better than the others, but no! You're just as bad as the rest of them! Fuck you, Vic! Fuck you!" Kellin spat. He looked down for a moment and shook his head. "You're worse than your girlfriend." Vic punched Kellin once in the nose, and once in the eye. Kellin wiped the blood streaming from his nose. "See? Just as bad. Worse." He walked off and flipped the bird over his shoulder. And with that he was gone.

***

Vic sat on his bed, staring at his ceiling. Kellin's words repeated over and over in his head. "You're just as bad as the rest of them." What did he mean? Vic knew his friends had a reputation of breaking hearts and being fake, but...Was Kellin calling him fake? He wasn't like that; he definitely wasn't fake. Vic twirled his long hair in his fingers as someone knocked on his bedroom door. Shaylah walked in and sat beside him.

"You ditched," she said.

"I know."

"Why?" she pouted. "I was alone all day, Vic. All day!"

"Oh, shut the fuck up."

She stared him down. "What did you just say to me?"

Vic looked her straight in the eye and emphasized each syllable, "Shut. The. Fuck. Up."

She slapped him right across the face and the sound echoed off the bedroom walls. "Don't you ever talk to me like that again!" she said as she stomped out with tears in her eyes. She turned around once to see if Vic would apologize, but he just flipped the bird like Kellin had done earlier to him. She gasped and looked utterly offended. She left with a slam of the door.

She texted back two hours later, apologizing. So that's what Kellin meant by fake. Vic took her back anyway. But he wasn't thinking of her when he went to sleep that night.

He was thinking of the giant, blue orbs that had stared at him earlier that day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha hello lovelies! A new fic as you can see, and I tried so so hard to make it longer. :P
Vic was such a meanie for hitting poor Kells. :'c
Anyway, I'm still not really sure about this one.
Should I keep it or throw it away? Opinions?
Feel free to message, friend request, or whatever.
Comments are very much appreciated!
As always, stay tuned my lovelies! <3
~Rayne