Euphoria

The butterflies have withered

I never got to show you my writing.

We were in love for a long time; it was quite the letdown to never show you what I loved aside from you. It was even more of a letdown when you left. You were the only person who I had ever been with that I believed I would be with all along the road.

The road we traveled together was short, though. Sad thing. The only thing shorter was how long it took me to stop writing after you left.

That's when I knew the butterflies within me had died. You kept them alive from the start. They disappeared too quick. They were my happiness rejuvenated and sparked from a flame you brought to me and that crackled loud when they died out.

Cass started asking old questions after you left; questions that only hinted at the old me. The girl you got rid of but all of my old friends were still haunted by.

“Are you sleeping good, Lace?”

As much as a broken heart would allow, I suppose. But she was paranoid too.

“Why do you only wear long sleeves?” was a common question even though it was January.

“Are you eating?”

I was, of course I was. I had no one to loose weight for but for some reason she was concerned I wanted to.

“Hey, Lace – are you okay?”

I could never answer that one with anything more than a shrug. That's probably why she was worried.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image
And this is no longer about a boy I know. Because it was just supposed to be the first chapter but hey, now it's a story with a plot and characters and things that haven't happened. :o) I got inspired. Sue me.~