Status: If you came here to read a happy story you need to leave now because this is very, very sad... But do leave a comment :)

A Long Road to Heaven

Savior

“So, um,” said the man, sitting inside the carriage. The driver outside turned the horses, leaning the carriage to the side. Anisa tried to remain in composure, but still tilted to the right. “My name is Eric, Eric Anderson.” He smiled at her with his eyebrows raised, his eyes seeming to hold an excitement she’d never seen.

“Anisa,” she replied, not able to hold a smile off her face at the man before hers excited look. He smiled at her, revealing straight white teeth. She smiled lightly back at him, turning over the cloth that hung over her. He had, instead of making her sit in the wagon behind the carriage, invited her and only her to sit with him inside. She was in awe of the luxurious fabric that lined the seat of the carriage, and the curtains that covered the plaited windows were made of silk. The dark wood lining the walls was shiny and seemed to reflect her image and Eric’s.

“So, I’m really sorry they took you from your home,” he said, smiling, and Anisa’s smile fell a little. She was again reminded of the loss of her family that had taken place just this morning. At the sight of her face, Eric cut in. “But I hope you will find a home with us.” She looked up at him quizzically. “I do not plan to use you as a worker, Anisa. I… I want you to be simply a guest in my home. They treated you very poorly, and I don’t want this to become of you.” Anisa gaped at him, her brown eyes wide.

“They told me I was to be bought and sold as a slave,” she said, frowning at him. He grinned at her, picking up her dry and calloused hands in his.

“Not you, Anisa,” he said, a spark lighting up in his eyes. “You are different.” She looked up at him, and though his words held truth, the spark in his eyes held nothing but lust, something she forced her mind to look past.

The carriage rumbled along, and throughout the ride, Eric pulled out treats and drinks for Anisa to have. She graciously accepted, at first drinking water, then a sweet brown treat with a smooth inside he called chocolate. He offered her a clear brown liquid with a smell that made her head ache, but she declined it. He cautioned her to control the water she drank, so she could only have it in sips. She didn’t understand how drinking water could hurt her, but she did as she was told.
“I’m very sorry I couldn’t come sooner to get your family as well,” he said, frowning as she took another sip of water. /She didn’t say anything, just looked at him. They stayed in silence for a while until Eric broke it after a while. “We’re almost to the house, and once we get there, you can change out of those rags and change into something more fit.” Anisa smiled at him, taking a cautious bite of a chocolate. Inside was a runny sauce that slipped down her throat and burned. It was bitter, but she loved it.

“What is this?” she asked once she swallowed the second bite of the chocolate. Eric laughed lightly, showing her the box. It read “Liquor Chocolates” in large cursive writing.

“They’re liquor chocolates,” he said, “In case you can’t read. They… They’re delicious, really.” She nodded, taking another one from the box.

“They are,” she agreed, popping the small one into her mouth. “What does the liquor part mean?” Eric looked sheepish for a moment, and then replied.

“It’s… um… Well—“

“Excuse me, sir,” a dark skinned man opened the door of the carriage. He looked up at Anisa for a moment, and the sweet taste in her mouth turned to distain. She could see envy in the man’s eyes, and she felt she needed to apologize to him for being liked by Eric. “And Miss, I see.” He turned his head back towards Eric, but Anisa still felt the tension. “I’m sorry for interuptin’ your conversation, but we arrived.” He spoke in a thick accent, but it wasn’t the drawl that the keeper had spoken in. His voice was low and it seemed to penetrate the ear.

“Alright,” said Eric, looking back towards Anisa. He outstretched his hand. “Anisa, come with me. I’ll show you into the house then, and you can get acquainted with everyone in the house.” Anisa smiled and took his hand, and he led her out of the carriage.

“Thank you,” she said, smiling up at him. He grinned down at her, then motioned for the carriage to be moved. As the man moved back into the driver’s seat of the carriage and pulled it away, revealing the most beautiful house Anisa had ever seen. It was at least three stories high, a smoky blue with white trim and shutters over all the windows. The white fence that circled the entire property was tall and white, and the gate that they had stopped at protected the gravel driveway and beautiful fountain from most lookers’ view. “Wow,” she whispered, and Eric grinned at her.
“I’m glad you like it,” he said, then motioned again at the man driving the carriage. “Do take the men from the wagon and show them to their quarters.” The slave nodded and began to unhinge the wagon. Eric wrapped his arm around Anisa and pulled her forward. “I’m excited to show you the house,” he said, and Anisa grinned at him. As she stared at the opening gates that revealed a beautiful house, all her problems seemed to flood away from her. She didn’t even look back at Corban, who stood watching her as she walked down the gravel pathway and put her fingers under a stream of water from the fountain. She seemed to forget everything about her family and focused on the beauty of everything around her.

“Thank you,” she said quietly as Anisa wiped her hands on the cloth she wore. Eric looked down at her quizzically as he opened his door.

“It is my pleasure, my lady,” he said, laughing as he walked her in.
♠ ♠ ♠
So its short again im sorry but this whole entire scene ended up being really really long so i have to upload it in 3 different chapters -_- But... The next one will be up really soon. this idea is writing itself and wont let me stop.