Status: Active as of 2/22/13

Burn it Down

Desire

Back to the current timeline.

~Luke's POV~

The music kind of drowned out whatever Megan was saying. We were sitting outside of the coffee shop, it was a little chilly, but not too bad considering it was dark. Tyler and Tiffany came with us. I could tell whatever Megan was saying was funny, because I could hear Tiffany's high pitched laugh.

How many pipebombs would we need? What kind of weapons? How many should we carry a piece to carry this thing out? A semi-automatic and an automatic weapon a piece should do. Over a hundred pipebombs, at least. Fuck that'd be a lot to carry in. I need Tyler's thoughts about it. Maybe we can try something Columbine style, and blow up the cafeteria. Although we'd really have to work on that to not botch the thing like those two did.

"Sweetie." Megan called to me, her fingers lightly stroking my hand.

"Hmm?" I shot up.

"You alright?" She asked me. When I looked up Tyler and Tiffany were staring at me too.

"Yeah. Sorry." I laughed a bit then took a drink of my coffee. It was very near black, but I'd put a little milk and sugar in it.

I looked at Megan for a bit then opened my arms for her. At this point, she understood what it meant and she climbed into my chair, slinging her legs over the arm as she nestled her body into mine. I knew the metal arm would cut into her back, so I did my best to keep my arm between the two.

I put my cheek to the top of Megan's head and wrapped my arms around her, nuzzling her as I returned to my thoughts. I had been thinking about what Tyler said constantly since he said it and the more I thought of it, the more it was a fun idea. I wouldn't carry it out at all, but I liked to think about.

I smelled into Megan's hair deeply and then kissed the top of her head. Her mop of insane hair retained the sweet smell of her shampoo and it was always clean and shiny and it always smelled amazing. It pretty soon became my calm-down-scent. It always relaxed me. That had started when she'd stay with me when I broke my arm.

When I'd broken my arm, Megan was so nice, she rarely left my side. She'd rush from her class, to her locker, to my locker, then back to her next class. She was dead set on helping me. She'd stayed home the day I broke my arm, and I guess she felt guilty since she had called off school that day because she was sick. I think she figured if she had just been there, she could have stopped it from happening.

"Did you have fun last night?" I asked her. Tyler and Tiffany were no longer even here to me. For some reason I just wanted to go sleep with her. Not like fuck her, but I wanted to be in bed, and I wanted Megan with me.

"Hell yeah I did! How could I have not have fun with that?" She laughed, leaning up to kiss under my chin.

I smiled. She looked down and grabbed my hand. She raised it up, linking her fingers into it. She stared at my wrist, her brother's watch encircling it. Smiling, she then kissed my hand.

"Guys, not to be a Debbie Downer, I'm stealing Megan and we're going back to my house. I'm tired as shit and I need a quiet night."

Tyler chuckled. "You have to ask? Get the fuck out of here."

He'd gotten laid before he came so he was in a beyond fantastic mood.

We said our goodbyes and grabbed our things before I walked with Megan back to my car. I let her in and drove back to my house. I was lucky that our parents had agreed to let us have occasional sleepovers, although we weren't allowed to do this more than twice a month and all our chores had to be done. Oh, there was one condition my mom threw in at the last minute. 'No hanky panky', like we'd not already fucked countless times. Sorry mom, but even the couch you love to sit on isn't safe.

I walked in the door and tossed my keys nonchalantly into the bowl.

"Mom." I called.

"She's at the grocery store, Luke. What's up?" My dad called from the dining room.

"Megan's going to stay the night tonight. Is that okay?"

"Sure thing, pal. You're caught up. Do whatever you want." He responded, a little quieter. Must have went back to his paper.

I grabbed Megan's hand and walked up the stairs, taking the left into the hallway and going to the back, to my room.

Megan immediately opened her drawer, in the bottom of my dresser. My mom insisted Megan keep some clothes here for just such an occasion. She also had a toothbrush, shampoo and conditioner so she could shower in the mornings. Megan started out with a spare set of clothes, then what would happen is when she would change, my mom would wash the clothes Megan came in, and those clothes would then go back into the drawer as a new spare set.

I sat on the bed and watched as Megan quietly picked out what she wanted to wear to sleep. She picked out a pair of flannel pajama pants I had given her. They used to be mine but Megan stole them literally every time she slept here, so for her birthday, I gave them to her. She then picked out a thin, soft white t-shirt.

I sat quietly, almost blank as she stripped down, kicking off the black and pink Osiris shoes she had got. She then slid off her pants and picked them up, folding them carefully before putting them on the chair on the side of my bed. She then stripped off her shirt, not even paying attention to me. Once that was off, she folded it up and put it with the pants. Unclipping her bra she then shimmied it down her arms.

I was seeing every excruciating detail, and I felt immediately guilty for even entertaining the idea of shooting the school up and leaving her behind. She gave me the most happiness anyone could have in life and I appreciated her too much for words.

"Megan." I said.

"Hmm?" She said, slightly turning to me, only in her underwear.

"Come here."

She put her bra down on the chair then turned to me with a smile and took a step forward. I grabbed her hand and pulled her closer to me, wrapping my arms tightly around her. I was face first in her tits, but that wasn't what I was after. I slid my hands up her back and then ran them back down, feeling the curve in her back, the swell of her ass. The soft flesh.

She sighed happily and stroked my head.

"What's wrong?" She said, wrapping her arms around me and embracing me tightly.

I didn't want to tell her that I felt that I couldn't leave her, but I was sure at some point she would leave me. I may not shoot up my school, but I'd disappoint her somehow and I'd no longer be important to her. I would do something that would make her take back her love.

Apparently I said this out loud, minus the shooting bit.

Sitting on the bed next to me, she pulled me in close and held me.

"What makes you think that?" Her voice was like velvet.

"Did you ever have a mind to do something that you shouldn't? But you weren't sure if you could resist doing it?"

Megan was quiet for a moment. She leaned back against the headboard and settled me between her legs and against her body.

"I'm going to guess whatever you thought of doing was bad if you won't tell me about it. Having a mind to do something never hurt anybody. Taking action to do something is what hurts somebody. Don't stress about stupid thoughts, Luke. It's too easy to get consumed by stupid things. Keep it a thought and not an action, and my love, you'll be okay."

I was scared now. I was scared that I'd not be able to just keep this a thought. I don't know why I was drawn to this fucking idea but it felt right and at certain points I was so mad I could do it, I thought. But maybe Megan was right. I could get consumed by a stupid thought and I'd let my life pass me by.

"Megan I love you, and I don't know what I'd do if you left me."

She smiled and stroked my shoulders softly as I laid my cheek on her chest.

"Darling, under no foreseeable circumstance would I leave you. And I love you too. Try not to let whatever this is eat at you."

But I still couldn't shake it. So once Megan passed out I texted Tyler.

"The other night. What you said. Were you serious?"

It took him a few minutes, but he replied, my phone vibrating in my shaking hands.

"You've been thinking about that too?"

"Yes."

"Dead serious. We could do it."

Fuck, I didn't need to hear that.

I looked at Megan's curled, sleeping body next to me and decided for her I could overcome this desire to massacre the school, despite Tyler saying we could actually carry the thing out.

At least I was going to try. But upcoming events would make sure that it wasn't easy.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm very happy with the pace of the story so far. I try not to linger too much on the relationship, since that's not the focus of the story.